Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Penn State Scandal
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:30 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

The footage of the students watching the decision come down and showing pure shock and disappointment is mind boggling.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:15 pm 
statistically insignificant

cutuphalfdead wrote:
The footage of the students watching the decision come down and showing pure shock and disappointment is mind boggling.

how about a link bro?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:18 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

thodoks wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

how about a link bro?

I've seen it on TV. It's been on ESPN a bunch. Just bunch of kids watching the announcement in what looks like a student union or something and they all open their mouths in shock and shake their heads in disbelief as the punishment is announced. It's absurd. Do any of these college kids have younger siblings or nieces or nephews or any other young children in their lives they'd hate to see raped?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:22 pm 
Reissued

cutuphalfdead wrote:
thodoks wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

how about a link bro?

I've seen it on TV. It's been on ESPN a bunch. Just bunch of kids watching the announcement in what looks like a student union or something and they all open their mouths in shock and shake their heads in disbelief as the punishment is announced. It's absurd. Do any of these college kids have younger siblings or nieces or nephews or any other young children in their lives they'd hate to see raped?

Five of my cousins went to or are going to Penn State. I think the all-out "Penn State is an evil evil place" idea is nonsense, but I'm shocked at the lengths these otherwise reasonable people are going to to defend the idea of the program.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:53 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

http://wnep.com/2012/07/23/penn-state-s ... ads-react/

Quote:
FACTORYVILLE — One look around Tom and Sally Price’s home in Factoryville and it is clear that they are Penn State proud.

Tom Price is a Penn State grad and both are die-hard football fans. They have been to almost every home game since 1986.

They watched the news Monday of the sanctions against their school with heavy hearts.

“I just can’t put my arms around it, it’s, to me, it was our 9/11 today. I just saw planes crashing into towers,” said Tom Price.

Sally Price said she feels the same. She also said what hurt most, is the fact that the NCAA took away 14 years of football victories under Joe Paterno...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:15 am 
Unthought Known

eh they'll get over it. my team has sucked for years now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:46 am 
Got Some

cutuphalfdead wrote:
http://wnep.com/2012/07/23/penn-state-sanctions-grads-react/

Quote:
FACTORYVILLE — One look around Tom and Sally Price’s home in Factoryville and it is clear that they are Penn State proud.

Tom Price is a Penn State grad and both are die-hard football fans. They have been to almost every home game since 1986.

They watched the news Monday of the sanctions against their school with heavy hearts.

“I just can’t put my arms around it, it’s, to me, it was our 9/11 today. I just saw planes crashing into towers,” said Tom Price.

Sally Price said she feels the same. She also said what hurt most, is the fact that the NCAA took away 14 years of football victories under Joe Paterno...

And here i thought I'd be the only one to reference that CLASSIC movie on this forum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:27 pm 
Unthought Known

Mickey wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
thodoks wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

how about a link bro?

Five of my cousins went to or are going to Penn State. I think the all-out "Penn State is an evil evil place" idea is nonsense, but I'm shocked at the lengths these otherwise reasonable people are going to to defend the idea of the program.

Precisely. Penn State is a fantastic institution of higher learning that offers excellent degrees in a variety of diciplines. As far as the people crying over the football situation at this point, that happens at every single program. Everywhere. Every program has sycophantic fans. There are plenty of Penn Staters that have perspective, it's just the loonies being heard right now. They happened to have a football coach that was there for 60 years who while he did a lot of good things, he was a bully that covered up a lot of things the most major of which at the end intentionally or not turned out to be child rape.

Penn State is a great school with great traditions. This is a huge black mark on the history of the school and the program, but they'll recover eventually, and they will probably be the cleanest place in the country for the next decade at least.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:37 pm 
Global Moderator

that's true. If I don't want my kids to get raped now is the perfect time to send them to Penn State.

The perfect gift for certain occasions

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:51 pm 
Reissued

Electromatic wrote:
Mickey wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
thodoks wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

how about a link bro?

Precisely. Penn State is a fantastic institution of higher learning that offers excellent degrees in a variety of diciplines. As far as the people crying over the football situation at this point, that happens at every single program. Everywhere. Every program has sycophantic fans. There are plenty of Penn Staters that have perspective, it's just the loonies being heard right now. They happened to have a football coach that was there for 60 years who while he did a lot of good things, he was a bully that covered up a lot of things the most major of which at the end intentionally or not turned out to be child rape.

Penn State is a great school with great traditions. This is a huge black mark on the history of the school and the program, but they'll recover eventually, and they will probably be the cleanest place in the country for the next decade at least.

Oh sure--I don't think this changes the fact that the academics at Penn State are top-notch and I don't mean to suggest that the school is tainted. But I think there's a difference between those with perspective and apologists, and I'm seeing a lot of apologists right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:33 am 
Unthought Known

I wish Joe Paterno was still alive so he would have to answer for this. I really like that they took away his wins though, one of the main reasons this asshole aided Sandusky in his attempts to rape children and stuck around when he was clearly senile and could barely walk was so he could outlast Bowden and take that record.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:48 pm 
Got Some

I hope Paterno has found a nice spot in hell. he can wait for his buddy Sandusky to meet him there after he sits in jail for 20 years and hopefully gets assfucked every day of the week and twice on sundays. then dies a miserable and painful death.

Fuck you Joe Paterno. Rot in hell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:19 pm 
Unthought Known

BDB wrote:
I hope Paterno has found a nice spot in hell. he can wait for his buddy Sandusky to meet him there after he sits in jail for 20 years and hopefully gets assfucked every day of the week and twice on sundays. then dies a miserable and painful death.

Fuck you Joe Paterno. Rot in hell

Hopefully Sandusky will take a shiv a lot sooner than 20 years from now

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:38 pm 
Unthought Known

mick7184 wrote:
I wish Joe Paterno was still alive so he would have to answer for this. I really like that they took away his wins though, one of the main reasons this asshole aided Sandusky in his attempts to rape children and stuck around when he was clearly senile and could barely walk was so he could outlast Bowden and take that record.

this puts Bowden clearly in the lead, right? I know he had several took away too, but he's a saint compared to this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:17 pm 
Unthought Known

bmacsmith wrote:
mick7184 wrote:

this puts Bowden clearly in the lead, right? I know he had several took away too, but he's a saint compared to this.

Technically it's Eddie Robinson (Grambling) overall. Coach Robinson had 408. Paterno was at 409 prior to the sanctions.

Bowden leads in the FBS/Division 1 designation yes. 377-129-4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports