Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Penn State Scandal
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 pm 
a joke

warehouse wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Jesus lord Paterno's legacy!

this is really the problem. i get he's a great football coach, but why is he so worshipped by everyone in that school? it blows my mind. one of the idiots rioting last night had a sign that said "Joe Pa Is My Best Interest" what the hell does that even mean?

That his other interests include Nickelback songs, ABC comedies and Dan Brown books

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:50 pm 
Coast to Coast

Skitch Patterson wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
*in that he enjoys anal sex with members of the male gender. This in no way is intended to imply that homosexuals are pedophiles or monsters of any sort.

Pedophiles are pedophiles. The gender of the child is completely irrelevant.

Then why would one pick exclusively boys?

(*i actually agree)

I don't know much about this case, but didn't he just have more access to boys than to girls?

Also, one can be a pedophile and prefer boys, just like one can be heterosexual and prefer blondes to brunettes. You're discriminating, in the context of your sexual orientation. It has nothing to do with homosexuality, since homosexuality and heterosexuality are mature sexualities. Pedophilia is something totally separate. Pedophilia is its own sexual orientation (or more accurately, a disorder in sexual preference).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:51 pm 
Reissued

Did anyone else see last night on Twitter where Ashton Kutcher goes, "Wow, you fired Jo Pa? No class," and then minutes later admits that he had no idea there was a rape scandal.

I just hope against hope that everyone supporting Joe Pa has no idea there's a rape scandal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:53 pm 
Spacegirl

theplatypus wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
*in that he enjoys anal sex with members of the male gender. This in no way is intended to imply that homosexuals are pedophiles or monsters of any sort.

(*i actually agree)

I don't know much about this case, but didn't he just have more access to boys than to girls?

Also, one can be a pedophile and prefer boys, just like one can be heterosexual and prefer blondes to brunettes. You're discriminating, in the context of your sexual orientation. It has nothing to do with homosexuality, since homosexuality and heterosexuality are mature sexualities. Pedophilia is something totally separate. Pedophilia is its own sexual orientation (or more accurately, a disorder in sexual preference).

are little boy butts just tighter?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:54 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Mickey wrote:
Did anyone else see last night on Twitter where Ashton Kutcher goes, "Wow, you fired Jo Pa? No class," and then minutes later admits that he had no idea there was a rape scandal.

I just hope against hope that everyone supporting Joe Pa has no idea there's a rape scandal.

Yeah I saw that. Kutcher actually showed some class by completely owning the mistake as well.

a joke

Spike wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:

(*i actually agree)

It depends on fiber intake, I suppose.

Coast to Coast

Spike wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:

(*i actually agree)

Are they? I don't know. I'll take your word for it, Spike.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:01 pm 
Unthought Known

welp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 pm 
Spacegirl

theplatypus wrote:
Spike wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:

(*i actually agree)

Are they? I don't know. I'll take your word for it, Spike.

you seem to be the expert here, george. enlighten us.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 pm 
Administrator

EllisEamos wrote:
ScottZeagle wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:
there is a real possibility Penn State doesnt have an athletics program after this.

I don't see that happening.

that won't happen.

but the fact that they're their own city, w/ their own police force (investigators) will surely change.
I agree that it won't happen, but it's not out of the realm to think that they could be a sequel of Colorado. That program, dominant in the 1990s, still hasn't recovered from the sex scandal that they endured under Barnett.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:23 pm 
Force of Nature

:throwup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:24 pm 
Unthought Known

That whole town needs to be torn down and replaced. If it's true that the DA's disappearence is in connection with Penn State Football's power, that's just fucked up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:25 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
ScottZeagle wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:
there is a real possibility Penn State doesnt have an athletics program after this.

that won't happen.

but the fact that they're their own city, w/ their own police force (investigators) will surely change.
I agree that it won't happen, but it's not out of the realm to think that they could be a sequel of Colorado. That program, dominant in the 1990s, still hasn't recovered from the sex scandal that they endured under Barnett.

you guys dont get it. if half of this stuff that is leaking now is true, there might not be a Penn State University. this is HUGE.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:30 pm 
Fuck Sharks

bmacsmith wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
ScottZeagle wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:

that won't happen.

you guys dont get it. if half of this stuff that is leaking now is true, there might not be a Penn State University. this is HUGE.

Let's see how it plays out before we start demolishing buildings and what not...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:31 pm 
Reissued

bmacsmith wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
ScottZeagle wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:

that won't happen.

refesh my memory--did Colorado involve minors? I thought it was just illicit recruiting. If so, then, with history as a guide, Penn State is all sorts of fucked. (You know, just like children were. The fact that the national media is still focusing on the goddamn football aspect of this is revolting.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:36 pm 
Reissued

Also, there's video online now of Joe Pa at his house last night. He had the gall to say, "Beat Nebraska," in the midst of a child rape case. Fuck him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:25 am 
AnalLog

that wasn't all he said. they showed him last night and he said something about studying to the students, about praying for the victims, and about beating nebraska. whatever, im surprised he's even knows who they are playing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:27 am 
Reissued

warehouse wrote:
that wasn't all he said. they showed him last night and he said something about studying to the students, about praying for the victims, and about beating nebraska. whatever, im surprised he's even knows who they are playing.

In the video I saw, he said "Beat Nebraska" first, and then, "Oh yeah, pray for the victims." Either way, "Beat Nebraska" is pretty classless, when the correct response was, "Don't cheer for me. I'm no hero. Go home."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:29 am 
Unthought Known

I would have no problem with Penn State losing their athletic program after this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:35 am 
AnalLog

Mickey wrote:
warehouse wrote:

In the video I saw, he said "Beat Nebraska" first, and then, "Oh yeah, pray for the victims." Either way, "Beat Nebraska" is pretty classless, when the correct response was, "Don't cheer for me. I'm no hero. Go home."

it was probably the same thing. i get what he's saying with the "beat nebraska" thing. he's got a bunch of young kids out in front of his house confused about whats happening at their school, and they need something to rally around. it kinda shows whats wrong w/ that school though. joe paterno and the football program were bigger than everything in the school. so big that people were afraid to let the public know a former coach was raping boys b/c it would stain the program. which really is fucking stupid. if paterno turned this weirdo in he'd be a hero for doing the right thing and turning in his best assistant coach b/c he was a fucking predator. instead, here we are. i love football, probably more than i should, but what happened here to protect the football program is fucking pathetic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports