Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59

Who Will Win the NBA Title
Thunder in 4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Thunder in 5 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Sonics in 6 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
Thunder in 7 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Heat in 4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Heat in 5 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Heat in 6 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
Heat in 7 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Re: 2011-2012 Miami Heat NBA Champions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:31 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Peeps wrote:
as much as i love the lakers....

if dwight blows out his knee in his first minute of being on the court with them i wont cry

i came back just to bitch about the lakers to you peeps. and as much as I hate the lakers and I think Dwight gives them the advantage to win next year. You don't need to worry bout his knees, worry about his back. I hope his back goes and he never recovers after the way he handled his departure. So much worse than lebron. You guys just got the 3rd (maybe 2nd) best player in the league and didn't have to lose Gasol. You know how much I hate your team but damn did Kupchak pull some sly maneuvers. much better than the amateurs running, i mean ruining. my favorite team.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:13 pm 
In a van down by the river

Veddar10 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

if dwight blows out his knee in his first minute of being on the court with them i wont cry

i came back just to bitch about the lakers to you peeps. and as much as I hate the lakers and I think Dwight gives them the advantage to win next year. You don't need to worry bout his knees, worry about his back. I hope his back goes and he never recovers after the way he handled his departure. So much worse than lebron. You guys just got the 3rd (maybe 2nd) best player in the league and didn't have to lose Gasol. You know how much I hate your team but damn did Kupchak pull some sly maneuvers. much better than the amateurs running, i mean ruining. my favorite team.

its a great move for sure and depending on their record how could mitch not get exec of the year.

sure nashs defense is about as visable as my toes when i look down but with dwight in the back to protect all of a sudden it is almost a non-issue

kobe is still kobe and while he is 34 and everyone is talking about his age and him slowing down do people really think he will slow down that much cause of his minutes? i dont think anyone in the league prepares harder for the season than he does so its not a huge concern for me.

the bench is what worries me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:12 pm 
Unthought Known

Peeps wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

its a great move for sure and depending on their record how could mitch not get exec of the year.

sure nashs defense is about as visable as my toes when i look down but with dwight in the back to protect all of a sudden it is almost a non-issue

kobe is still kobe and while he is 34 and everyone is talking about his age and him slowing down do people really think he will slow down that much cause of his minutes? i dont think anyone in the league prepares harder for the season than he does so its not a huge concern for me.

Heat did pretty well last year with basically ass crap on the bench. There will be some guys who come in and play for nothing just to try and win a championship. You'll find some bench shooters. Suprised Jamal Crawford hasn't tried to defect yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:14 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Peeps wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

now you know i hate the lakers more than pretty much anything and now I hate them more cuz of the dwight thing but you are absolutely right. Nash may have no defense especially at his age but Dwight is easily the best pick and roll defender in the game (Chandler got the award last year as a consolation prize) not to mention he is statistically the best pick and roll scorer when rolling to the basket due to his overall athleticism and power which nash will take full advantage of. Remember how great Nash made Amare look in that sense? If Dwight's back doesn't become a problem who knows what we could see. I know you love Kobe but his selfishness may become a problem if he still wants to jack up 25 shots a game. Dwight isn't an amazing offensive threat but he is much better than people give him credit for. People need to realize dwight has never had a point guard around him that can actually pass and get him the ball where he needs it and when he needs it. Nash can get it to him before the double team or even single team can react which means nothing but high percentage baskets for Dwight and Gasol, it could get really scary for anyone who isn't a laker fan. Kobe only has a 2 to 3 years left and isn't going to take over a game with great frequency but if he can get over himself he won't have to and they can easily cruise through the west. Yes their bench sucks but it is better than it was the last couple of years so it may not be too much of a factor. I'm excited to see how it plays out I have to admit although I will be rooting against them like any chance I get. I'm starting to think the magic, along with memphis are secretly a farm team for LA. :arrow:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:02 pm 
Got Some

:shake:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/mario-chalmers-thinks-front-end-top-10-point-163334875--nba.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports