Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 2012 College Football Off-Season Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:04 pm 
Unthought Known

Monkey_Driven wrote:
It sounds like Georgia's entire team is going to be suspended by the time September rolls along. I'm not complaining.

A bunch of selfish idiots really.

They go from having a pretty decent shot to win the east and an outside shot at a BCS bowl or better to more than likely 2-2 and out of it by October.

Fucking dumbasses really. I don't even want to hear the lecture about how college "kids" make mistakes, most of these "kids" are on thier 2nd or 3rd suspensions, they obviously don't give two shits about their teammates, thier coaches or thier own NFL chances.

Baccari Rambo is in the perfect scheme to make him a wealthy man. For 2.5 years he just didn't get that he needed to catch the football and not just hit people. Last year he finally started getting it after he "was in the car with people smoking weed" and missed the Boise game.

This year he "accidentally ate pot brownies on spring break" and he'll miss at least 4 unless he's an even more incredibly selfish bitch and chooses to go to the supplemental draft.

Mark Richt honestly has to start recruiting smarter people.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:04 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
It sounds like Georgia's entire team is going to be suspended by the time September rolls along. I'm not complaining.

They go from having a pretty decent shot to win the east and an outside shot at a BCS bowl or better to more than likely 2-2 and out of it by October.

Fucking dumbasses really. I don't even want to hear the lecture about how college "kids" make mistakes, most of these "kids" are on thier 2nd or 3rd suspensions, they obviously don't give two shits about their teammates, thier coaches or thier own NFL chances.

Baccari Rambo is in the perfect scheme to make him a wealthy man. For 2.5 years he just didn't get that he needed to catch the football and not just hit people. Last year he finally started getting it after he "was in the car with people smoking weed" and missed the Boise game.

This year he "accidentally ate pot brownies on spring break" and he'll miss at least 4 unless he's an even more incredibly selfish bitch and chooses to go to the supplemental draft.

Rambo is an idiot for how talented he is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:22 pm 
Unthought Known

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

He's an easy easy first round safety if he keeps his nose clean. All he's got to do is essentially not screw it up..... too late.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:14 pm 
AnalLog

Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

He's an easy easy first round safety if he keeps his nose clean. All he's got to do is essentially not screw it up..... too late.
i hope he goes to the sup. draft and the pats get him and their "come to jesus" speech turns him into ed reed for the next decade.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:57 pm 
Unthought Known

EllisEamos wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

i hope he goes to the sup. draft and the pats get him and their "come to jesus" speech turns him into ed reed for the next decade.

No you don't. He's a dumber Brandon Meriweather.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:12 pm 
Unthought Known

So, it's come out that Morris Clayborne got a 4 on the Wonderlic and people are making fun of him and LSU. Well, we don't know if it's the real score or not since it is not supposed to be reported but despite the NCAA's best efforts, the rational know that there are plenty if not most of the best college athletes who have no buisness in college. I'm not sure why we care how smart they are, this is certainly not fair to Morris Clayborne. He's a fine football player, who cares if he's college material or not really? He's using them, they are using him. Fine.

Much like the ridiculous debate every year after the final 4. Oh these athletes going pro instead of getting an education?

Really? So going to the NBA if it's indeed possible for these guys is a bad idea? They can't go back to college later if they fail like anyone else?

If education matters so much why not let these guys come back after the pro drafts if they don't like where they are drafted or where they are going?

Oh wait, it's not about education, it's about keeping roster talent for the coaches. I forgot.

People that get pissed off about kids leaving for the pros are selfish, because those players are no longer playing for thier college team.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:13 pm 
AnalLog

Electromatic wrote:
So, it's come out that Morris Clayborne got a 4 on the Wonderlic and people are making fun of him and LSU. Well, we don't know if it's the real score or not since it is not supposed to be reported but despite the NCAA's best efforts, the rational know that there are plenty if not most of the best college athletes who have no buisness in college. I'm not sure why we care how smart they are, this is certainly not fair to Morris Clayborne. He's a fine football player, who cares if he's college material or not really? He's using them, they are using him. Fine.

Much like the ridiculous debate every year after the final 4. Oh these athletes going pro instead of getting an education?

Really? So going to the NBA if it's indeed possible for these guys is a bad idea? They can't go back to college later if they fail like anyone else?

If education matters so much why not let these guys come back after the pro drafts if they don't like where they are drafted or where they are going?

Oh wait, it's not about education, it's about keeping roster talent for the coaches. I forgot.

People that get pissed off about kids leaving for the pros are selfish, because those players are no longer playing for thier college team.
i see the two as unrelated.

MC's wonderlic score shows a lack of common sense and basic intelligence that would allow him to be a better professional. the questions are not that complicated. besides, nobody expects him to get a 50/50, but a 4/50 is a troubling sign about the head on his athletic body.

on the other hand, complaining about kids leaving college early (or like Luck or Barkley staying another year) is stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:16 pm 
Unthought Known

Glad Bobby P is going to be ok after that motorcycle accident. With that said....

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/04 ... e-crashed/

In case you forgot what an absolutely terrible human he is, see above. This guy sucks ass. I do not understand how he has a wife or any friends at all.

He is the most untrustworthy son of a bitch on the planet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:31 am 
Administrator

Electromatic wrote:
Glad Bobby P is going to be ok after that motorcycle accident. With that said....

In case you forgot what an absolutely terrible human he is, see above. This guy sucks ass. I do not understand how he has a wife or any friends at all.

Mike Zimmer said it excellently, and I'm certain you agree:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/201 ... f-petrino/

Mike Zimmer wrote:
He is a coward. Put that in quotes. He ruined a bunch of people’s lives, a bunch of people’s families, kids, because he didn’t have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job. That’s the truth.

[M]ost people in football have enough courage about them and enough fight to stick through something and not quit halfway through the year. It is cowardly.

He came in and said he resigned, he would talk to us all at a later date, walked out of the office and no one has ever talked to him since. Not that anybody wanted to.

He’s a gutless bastard. Quote that. I don’t give a shit.

[After being told that they might not be able to quote the word "bastard"...]

How about this, gutless MF. You can use that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 pm 
Got Some

Hate to laugh at another person's disfortune but yeah, :haha:ing at Bobby P.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:01 pm 
Administrator

lord vedder wrote:
Hate to laugh at another person's disfortune but yeah, :haha:ing at Bobby P.
I got some great entertainment reading fan boards for the Falcons, UGA and LSU just now. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:41 pm 
AnalLog

EllisEamos wrote:
MC's wonderlic score shows a lack of common sense and basic intelligence that would allow him to be a better professional. the questions are not that complicated.

Wonderlic scores have been shown to actually have a negative correlation to success for DBs (and TEs). That is, the worse you do, the better a player you end up being. There is no positive correlation for any position IIRC. So take that for what it's worth.

I personally think it's stupid and the NFL should scrap it. It only serves as a curio and to occasionally humiliate someone like Claiborne who has absolutely no reason to be taking an IQ test in the first place.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 pm 
AnalLog

Orpheus wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
MC's wonderlic score shows a lack of common sense and basic intelligence that would allow him to be a better professional. the questions are not that complicated.

Wonderlic scores have been shown to actually have a negative correlation to success for DBs (and TEs). That is, the worse you do, the better a player you end up being. There is no positive correlation for any position IIRC. So take that for what it's worth
i'd never seen that. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 pm 
Stone's Bitch

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/4/13/2945854/missouri-football-uniforms-logo-basketball

New Mizzou uniforms. Not too shabby.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:33 pm 
Administrator

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Why did they ditch the block M? At least they subbed it with their familiar logo, just to make it clear that there are plenty of Tigers in the SEC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:40 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Green Habit wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Why did they ditch the block M? At least they subbed it with their familiar logo, just to make it clear that there are plenty of Tigers in the SEC.

They're trying to rebrand everything as Mizzou. The tiger head logo is more unique for Mizzou. The M logo is used by a variety of schools. I'm ok with the change, but there are several who are not.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:44 pm 
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

white with black pants looks good

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 am 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Mike Zimmer said it excellently, and I'm certain you agree:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/201 ... f-petrino/

Mike Zimmer wrote:
He is a coward. Put that in quotes. He ruined a bunch of people’s lives, a bunch of people’s families, kids, because he didn’t have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job. That’s the truth.

[M]ost people in football have enough courage about them and enough fight to stick through something and not quit halfway through the year. It is cowardly.

He came in and said he resigned, he would talk to us all at a later date, walked out of the office and no one has ever talked to him since. Not that anybody wanted to.

He’s a gutless bastard. Quote that. I don’t give a shit.

[After being told that they might not be able to quote the word "bastard"...]

How about this, gutless MF. You can use that.

That is awesome. Love me some Zimmer!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:09 pm 
Unthought Known

Is the ACC done (at least in football)?

Not sure how many of y'all saw, but there was really big news on Friday. The SEC and Big XII made a pact for their conference champs to play each other on a New Year's Day game, similarly to what the Big X and PAC 12 have done. There has been a lot of talk of four 16 team conferences, and from the looks of it, the SEC, Big 10 / 12, and PAC 12 just declared themselves the big boys of college football, leaving the ACC and Big East out.

Word on the street is that the football schools in the ACC (Clemson, FSU, VA Tech particularly) are not happy that the ACC continues to put hoops first, while the rest of the conferences are making big pushes for football. Apparently the Big 12 wants FSU and Clemson, and both schools are listening.

If they jump ship, this would bring the Big 12 to twelve teams, and would beg the question, do they add two more like the SEC? Rumor has it that Notre Dame is #13 for all sports, sans football. Once their NBC deal expires, they'll join in football, and will have a say so for the #14 team (Miami, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Louisville??).

Who knows exactly what will happen, but these are the things I'm seeing around the internet. One thing seems certain, the college football landscape is changing again.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 pm 
Unthought Known

Considering the ACC is heavily North Carolina centric, and those schools are essentially basketball schools... yeah, I'd say it's quite tenuous for the future of the ACC as a football conference.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports