Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Mitchell wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
mick7184 wrote:
I didnt know being anti-child molestation was elitist.


It's not. But who are you to speak of what people can "get passes for?"

You're right, who am I to judge rapists? I mean, we all make mistakes!


JoePa raped kids.

Might as well have. Sweeping it under the rug and allowing it to continue is pretty much just as bad.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:44 am
Posts: 14671
Location: Baton Rouge
Gender: Male
mick7184 wrote:
I dont think it's pretentious at all to say that people who cover up the rapes of dozens of children should not get a pass because they built a great football program.


Do we know for a fact that Paterno covered up raped of dozens of children?

And you did not say they "should" not get passes, which would be your opinion. You stated an opinion as a fact.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Is this argument real?

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
Can we please stop with the "JoePa just made this one mistake" nonsense? Dude knew what was going on in 2002. 2002. Every single day since then he went to work fully aware of what was going on, and, instead of doing what (I would hope) any moral and ethical human being would do, chose instead to succumb to the pressure of his program's revenues, politics, and brand and kept his mouth shut. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. No, this wasn't one mistake. It's nearly a decade's worth of intentional obfuscation. He made the same mistake every day for nearly 3,650 days. Sorry, but I'm a little low on sympathy.

Great football coach. Mediocre human.

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
thodoks wrote:
Can we please stop with the "JoePa just made this one mistake" nonsense? Dude knew what was going on in 2002. 2002. Every single day since then he went to work fully aware of what was going on, and, instead of doing what (I would hope) any moral and ethical human being would do, chose instead to succumb to the pressure of his program's revenues, politics, and brand and kept his mouth shut. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. No, this wasn't one mistake. It's nearly a decade's worth of intentional obfuscation. He made the same mistake every day for nearly 3,650 days. Sorry, but I'm a little low on sympathy.

Great football coach. Mediocre Disgusting human.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
Well, yeah.

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:24 pm
Posts: 6501
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Mitchell wrote:
mick7184 wrote:
I dont think it's pretentious at all to say that people who cover up the rapes of dozens of children should not get a pass because they built a great football program.


Do we know for a fact that Paterno covered up raped of dozens of children?

And you did not say they "should" not get passes, which would be your opinion. You stated an opinion as a fact.


As far as I'm concerned, it is a fact, and we do know for sure that Paterno covered up the rapes of dozens of children. I dont want to get into the whole minutia of the thing because this thread is for pretending it didnt happen and talking about national championships, but the guy knew this was going on for years and didnt do everything in his power to stop it, when he was the one person that really could. The dozens of ruined lives of these children are on him as much as anyone other than Sandusky.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
Oh, and LOL@ this not being "the real JoePa." Cognitive dissonance and denial at it's most nauseating.

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I <3 Yoga Pants
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:47 am
Posts: 10993
Location: Herpe Farm.
MERGE!

_________________
Kosmicjelli wrote:
Im gonna be quiet now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 pm
Posts: 8288
half great guy, half scumbag i guess. i dunno. fuck it he's dead anyway.

_________________
Sweep the leg!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:15 pm
Posts: 25452
Location: Under my wing like Sanford & Son
Gender: Male
Immediately made me think of the quote "There are no second acts in American lives."

_________________
Now that god no longer exists, the desire for another world still remains.

Always do the right thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
mick7184 wrote:
I didnt know being anti-child molestation was elitist.


It's not. But who are you to speak of what people can "get passes for?"

You're right, who am I to judge child rapists? I mean, we all make mistakes!


and here is the folly in your argument


joepa didnt rape anyone

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:15 pm
Posts: 25452
Location: Under my wing like Sanford & Son
Gender: Male
Yeah, we know. What he did (or failed to do) was still wrong.

_________________
Now that god no longer exists, the desire for another world still remains.

Always do the right thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
Orpheus wrote:
Yeah, we know. What he did (or failed to do) was still wrong.



i agree, but to say he raped little kids makes you look like a dolt

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
And Peeps knows a thing or two about looking like a dolt.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Orpheus wrote:
Yeah, we know. What he did (or failed to do) was still wrong.

Not just wrong. Running a red light is wrong, pirating material from the Internet is wrong. Enabling child rape is only a cunt hair away from being as wrong as child rape itself.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
get off your high horse

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
EllisEamosfrompage1 wrote:
with all respect, wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall right now at the pearly gates?

RIP, Joe.
ya know, b/c the priest's probably want to high five him and what not.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:24 pm
Posts: 6501
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
thodoks wrote:
get off your high horse


Who are you to say who is and isnt on a high horse?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RIP Joe Paterno
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
mick7184 wrote:
thodoks wrote:
get off your high horse


Who are you to say who is and isnt on a high horse?

i'm thodoks, knower of all things equine-centric

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 1:25 pm