Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Olympics: London
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:12 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
I called my pops after the game. He says, "America is too arrogant. Spain was more deserving."

What the hell is with you people? They're arrogant because they're good? They came in and did their job respectfully. They proved that in the game of basketball they're still the best. It probably doesn't help that my father hates Lebron James with a deep rooted passion, but come on, this isn't the NBA playoffs.

I just love the Gasol's what's wrong with that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:53 pm 
The Snowboy

For my American RM friends who want to watch the London 2012 Paralympics but don't know where to go:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2012 ... oil/23193/

Is this the first time it's been broadcast there? Crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:55 pm 
The Snowboy

Also, USA were never as arrogant as both France and Spain during their semi-final. What a bunch of whining idiots (although I was supporting Spain).

But yeah. The Paralympics. Watch them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:22 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I thought the US was pretty much a class act throughout the basketball tournament. They didn't lose their shit after every win like some other teams. They also played it cool when some of the other teams got a little dirty or physical.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm 
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

i hope they make football an olympic sport. I think the US team could top the basketball team's scoring record.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:40 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I don't see why they shouldnt, considering they're making golf an olympic sport (don't get me started).

So now the Olympics are over, people are saying that people should get into sports that are maye not their primary sport. The problem is, technically I'm not even into football (soccer). When was the last time I went to a game? Years ago. If I was the average football fan, football in this country would go bust.

Having said that, would be nice if people who have the time and money to go to games but can't get tickets, took up other sports or maybe adopted another team lower down. Used to be Arsenal reserves and youths for me before I left London.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them" -Karl Popper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 pm 
On the bright side

So this Pistorius guy is kind of a dick, huh? He came in second at the paralympics in the 200 and immediately accuses the gold medal winner of having blades that are too long, even though they were approved by the olympic committee.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:20 pm 
On the bright side

And don't get me wrong, I don't know enough to know whether or not he has a valid point (from what I read it sounds like he does). But to make the comments on the track right after he was beaten just seemed a little, dick-ish.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:07 pm 
Supersonic

Hallucination wrote:
I don't see why they shouldnt, considering they're making golf an olympic sport (don't get me started).

Golf is played pretty much around the world. Football is far from an international sport.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:10 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

PhilPritchard wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

Golf is played pretty much around the world. Football is far from an international sport.

I have respect for sports I don't like but golf I don't even respect. You just walk around a large fenced off park.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them" -Karl Popper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:18 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Hallucination wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

I have respect for sports I don't like but golf I don't even respect. You just walk around a large fenced off park.

I know you're half kidding but that is one of the more ignorant sports related statements I've heard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:24 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

Hallucination wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

Doug RR is going to beat your as*.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:19 am 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Hallucination wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

I know you're half kidding but that is one of the more ignorant sports related statements I've heard.

It was half arsed more than anything. Golf courses annoy me. They consume large amounts of land and water in equal measures, including in places where water is sparse. It may contain skill but then why not have board games at the Olympics?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:15 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Hallucination wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Hallucination wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

It was half arsed more than anything. Golf courses annoy me. They consume large amounts of land and water in equal measures, including in places where water is sparse. It may contain skill but then why not have board games at the Olympics?

So your beef is more with golf courses?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:12 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Hallucination wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Hallucination wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

So your beef is more with golf courses?

I suppose so , yeah. Minigolf, now we're talking;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports