Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Interweb Celebrity
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:47 am
Posts: 46000
Location: Reasonville
warehouse wrote:
corduroy_blazer wrote:
What, that the Giants own the Falcons, 49ers, and Packers, and there's no good reason to think that will change? No convincing is necessary; that's currently a fact.

The Giants had won four straight before today, the last two in dominating fashion.

http://www.footballdb.com/teamvsteam.html?tm=2&opp=21

But the Falcons were convincing today. That was a blowout.

_________________
No matter how dark the storm gets overhead
They say someone's watching from the calm at the edge
What about us when we're down here in it?
We gotta watch our backs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Interweb Celebrity
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:47 am
Posts: 46000
Location: Reasonville
I can't help but think, despite his ability to consistently gather 100 catches per season, Welker misses more catches than he should. Then again, maybe it's because he's 5'9.

_________________
No matter how dark the storm gets overhead
They say someone's watching from the calm at the edge
What about us when we're down here in it?
We gotta watch our backs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Interweb Celebrity
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:47 am
Posts: 46000
Location: Reasonville
Oh, here come those Patriots.

_________________
No matter how dark the storm gets overhead
They say someone's watching from the calm at the edge
What about us when we're down here in it?
We gotta watch our backs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:47 pm
Posts: 9282
Location: Atlanta
Gender: Male
Pretty good game last night.

_________________
Attention Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
Updated Power Rankings

NFC
1. 49ers - They beat the Pats in December on the road. 'nuff said.
2. Green Bay - At least my Packers-Pats pre-season Super Bowl prediction is still possible
3. Atlanta - Hanging tough in a tough conference.

AFC
1. Broncos - Manning for MVP and Comeback Player of the Year
2. Patriots - They really need that No. 2 seed; will Denver ever lose again?
3. Texans - Pretty confident that either the Pats or Denver could take these guys out anywhere, anytime.

Notes:

Denver takes over the No. 1 seed in the AFC. Yes, they did lose to New England, but they have not lost a game since.

Niners are the best team in football for this week.

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
corduroy_blazer wrote:
I can't help but think, despite his ability to consistently gather 100 catches per season, Welker misses more catches than he should. Then again, maybe it's because he's 5'9.


There's been plenty of talk around Boston - and rightfully so - about all of Welker's drops this year. He's never dropped this many balls before...maybe the SB drop is getting to him?

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:56 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
Coach wrote:
Updated Power Rankings

NFC
1. 49ers - They beat the Pats in December on the road. 'nuff said.
2. Green Bay - At least my Packers-Pats pre-season Super Bowl prediction is still possible
3. Atlanta - Hanging tough in a tough conference.

AFC
1. Broncos - Manning for MVP and Comeback Player of the Year
2. Patriots - They really need that No. 2 seed; will Denver ever lose again?
3. Texans - Pretty confident that either the Pats or Denver could take these guys out anywhere, anytime.

Notes:

Denver takes over the No. 1 seed in the AFC. Yes, they did lose to New England, but they have not lost a game since.

Niners are the best team in football for this week.


I'm really hoping the Niners loseto Seattle so GB can take that No. 2 seed. Anyone who has a tie in their record doesn't deserve the first post-season week off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Coach wrote:
Updated Power Rankings

NFC
1. 49ers - They beat the Pats in December on the road. 'nuff said.
2. Green Bay - At least my Packers-Pats pre-season Super Bowl prediction is still possible
3. Atlanta - Hanging tough in a tough conference.

AFC
1. Broncos - Manning for MVP and Comeback Player of the Year
2. Patriots - They really need that No. 2 seed; will Denver ever lose again?
3. Texans - Pretty confident that either the Pats or Denver could take these guys out anywhere, anytime.

Notes:

Denver takes over the No. 1 seed in the AFC. Yes, they did lose to New England, but they have not lost a game since.

Niners are the best team in football for this week.


I'm really hoping the Niners loseto Seattle so GB can take that No. 2 seed. Anyone who has a tie in their record doesn't deserve the first post-season week off.

i guess, but i don't like the idea of the packers' momentum being disrupted by a bye week. see last year vs the year before.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:15 pm
Posts: 25452
Location: Under my wing like Sanford & Son
Gender: Male
That might've been my favorite NFL sunday this whole year. I can't believe the Cowboys beat the Steelers, in OT no less. Also the Bears comeback "attempt" at the end of that game is probably the most pathetically lazy effort I have ever seen from an NFL team.

_________________
Now that god no longer exists, the desire for another world still remains.

Always do the right thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
Orpheus wrote:
That might've been my favorite NFL sunday this whole year. I can't believe the Cowboys beat the Steelers, in OT no less. Also the Bears comeback "attempt" at the end of that game is probably the most pathetically lazy effort I have ever seen from an NFL team.

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:16 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
Spike wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Coach wrote:
Updated Power Rankings

NFC
1. 49ers - They beat the Pats in December on the road. 'nuff said.
2. Green Bay - At least my Packers-Pats pre-season Super Bowl prediction is still possible
3. Atlanta - Hanging tough in a tough conference.

AFC
1. Broncos - Manning for MVP and Comeback Player of the Year
2. Patriots - They really need that No. 2 seed; will Denver ever lose again?
3. Texans - Pretty confident that either the Pats or Denver could take these guys out anywhere, anytime.

Notes:

Denver takes over the No. 1 seed in the AFC. Yes, they did lose to New England, but they have not lost a game since.

Niners are the best team in football for this week.


I'm really hoping the Niners loseto Seattle so GB can take that No. 2 seed. Anyone who has a tie in their record doesn't deserve the first post-season week off.

i guess, but i don't like the idea of the packers' momentum being disrupted by a bye week. see last year vs the year before.


True.

I just dread facing the Niners in San Fran, and that likely looks like the case.

The ideal superbowl would be Denver vs. Green Bay. How awesome does that sound?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
dude, the packers are going to win the super bowl because mccarthy's going to keep going for it on fourth down past midfield.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:34 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
Spike wrote:
dude, the packers are going to win the super bowl because mccarthy's going to keep going for it on fourth down past midfield.


Or lose it by trying to get cute on punt returns...what the fuck are you doing?!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Spike wrote:
dude, the packers are going to win the super bowl because mccarthy's going to keep going for it on fourth down past midfield.


Or lose it by trying to get cute on punt returns...what the fuck are you doing?!

yeah, that was terrible, but it helps to prove my point that he's willing to do crazy, unconventional stuff.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
The Niners' tie is like a really bad wart.

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:43 am 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
Oh Mark Sanchez, you pretty boy. Great comedy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:57 pm
Posts: 3332
Location: Chicago-ish
Spike wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Spike wrote:
dude, the packers are going to win the super bowl because mccarthy's going to keep going for it on fourth down past midfield.


Or lose it by trying to get cute on punt returns...what the fuck are you doing?!

yeah, that was terrible, but it helps to prove my point that he's willing to do crazy, unconventional stuff.


The only thing I can think of was that he was trying to "show" other teams stuff to prepare for in the playoffs or that it was the perfect opportunity to help his ST.

He knew the Bears prob wouldn't score 1 TD, much less 2 against him (barring a Def/return TD which has become quite barren).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
big ben - decent qb shittier human

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm
Posts: 25824
Location: south jersey
who'd he rape this time?

_________________
Feel the path of every day,... Which road you taking?,...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
warehouse wrote:
who'd he rape this time?



he bitched about the playcalling....yet says hes a team player and the team wins or loses together all in the same presser

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:40 pm