Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:38 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:37 pm
Posts: 1281
Location: Tampa, FL
OK, this is a bit complicated but I will try to explain an argument that our league is having a hard time settling.

We have a live draft every year using a draft board and stickers. One of the owners drafted Dexter McCluster. His sticker was coded blue which designated him a "RB." When McCluster was drafted in real life the NFL labeled him a "RB" and assigned him a RB jersey number (22). The Chiefs are currently using him as a WR and he is lining up at WR much more than RB. Our website currently designates him as a "WR" only. ESPN fantasy football currently designates him as both a WR and a RB and eligible to play in either slot. Other websites have him listed as a WR only. The owner is requesting that we change his current designation from "WR" only to "RB" only. The only thing we have agreed to is that he must be one or the other and not both designations.

What does everybody here think?

_________________
"Relaxed, but Edgy" - Ed, Raleigh, NC April, 2003


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:29 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
The Kansas City Chiefs have him down as a WR on the depth chart, so WR and only WR.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
The Kansas City Chiefs have him down as a WR on the depth chart, so WR and only WR.

[/thread]

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:47 pm
Posts: 9282
Location: Atlanta
Gender: Male
Dexter McCluster is not a Running Back anymore. He's a WR that may occasionally do some single wing stuff out of the backfield.

He's a WR. He should be coded as such.

_________________
Attention Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
Cutler vs GB on Thursday night
or
Eli Manning (Peyton's brother) vs TB on Whenever they play

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:37 pm
Posts: 1281
Location: Tampa, FL
I appreciate the responses. One quick question, though. What happens if Hillis and Charles get hurt and the Chiefs decide to start McCluster at RB in week 3?

_________________
"Relaxed, but Edgy" - Ed, Raleigh, NC April, 2003


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm
Posts: 25824
Location: south jersey
Ilium wrote:
I appreciate the responses. One quick question, though. What happens if Hillis and Charles get hurt and the Chiefs decide to start McCluster at RB in week 3?

then the depth chart changes

_________________
Feel the path of every day,... Which road you taking?,...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:37 pm
Posts: 1281
Location: Tampa, FL
warehouse wrote:
Ilium wrote:
I appreciate the responses. One quick question, though. What happens if Hillis and Charles get hurt and the Chiefs decide to start McCluster at RB in week 3?

then the depth chart changes


But does McCluster suddenly turn back into a "RB" for fantasy purposes?

_________________
"Relaxed, but Edgy" - Ed, Raleigh, NC April, 2003


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
Ilium wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Ilium wrote:
I appreciate the responses. One quick question, though. What happens if Hillis and Charles get hurt and the Chiefs decide to start McCluster at RB in week 3?

then the depth chart changes


But does McCluster suddenly turn back into a "RB" for fantasy purposes?

Why shouldn't he?

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm
Posts: 25824
Location: south jersey
Ilium wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Ilium wrote:
I appreciate the responses. One quick question, though. What happens if Hillis and Charles get hurt and the Chiefs decide to start McCluster at RB in week 3?

then the depth chart changes


But does McCluster suddenly turn back into a "RB" for fantasy purposes?

yeah, i would go w/ the official depth chart.

i had woodhead a couple years ago in a fantasy league and it was awesome starting him at rb or wr b/c we didnt have a flex spot.

_________________
Feel the path of every day,... Which road you taking?,...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:15 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Cutler vs GB on Thursday night
or
Eli Manning (Peyton's brother) vs TB on Whenever they play



Manning, just because I think he's motivated to do better after last week's blunder.

I have a radical decision:

I'm thinking of starting Alshon Jeffery (WR-Bears) vs. Green Bay over --

Antonio Brown (WR-Pitts) vs. New York Jets.

The Steeler wide outs says they're not afraid of New York, but I sure am.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Cutler vs GB on Thursday night
or
Eli Manning (Peyton's brother) vs TB on Whenever they play



Manning, just because I think he's motivated to do better after last week's blunder.

I have a radical decision:

I'm thinking of starting Alshon Jeffery (WR-Bears) vs. Green Bay over --

Antonio Brown (WR-Pitts) vs. New York Jets.

The Steeler wide outs says they're not afraid of New York, but I sure am.

GB's D has been garbage, plus Cutler has more weapons now. But it's a short week. I don't know, I keep going back and forth. I think i'll take a "risk" and go Cutler because I feel like i'm gonna win this matchup anyway.

That's a tough one for you. Will Revis be on Wallace?

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
I don't know anyone besides you that would take Cutler over Manning this week.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Cutler vs GB on Thursday night
or
Eli Manning (Peyton's brother) vs TB on Whenever they play



Manning, just because I think he's motivated to do better after last week's blunder.

I have a radical decision:

I'm thinking of starting Alshon Jeffery (WR-Bears) vs. Green Bay over --

Antonio Brown (WR-Pitts) vs. New York Jets.

The Steeler wide outs says they're not afraid of New York, but I sure am.

GB's D has been garbage, plus Cutler has more weapons now. But it's a short week. I don't know, I keep going back and forth. I think i'll take a "risk" and go Cutler because I feel like i'm gonna win this matchup anyway.

That's a tough one for you. Will Revis be on Wallace?



That's what I'm hoping for. Only Champ was on Brown in Denver, so...

fuck it. I'll keep Antonio. But if Jeffery does something special tonight... :x


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
washing machine wrote:
I don't know anyone besides you that would take Cutler over Manning this week.

Do you know anyone who would take Manning over Cutler, though?

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Cutler vs GB on Thursday night
or
Eli Manning (Peyton's brother) vs TB on Whenever they play



Manning, just because I think he's motivated to do better after last week's blunder.

I have a radical decision:

I'm thinking of starting Alshon Jeffery (WR-Bears) vs. Green Bay over --

Antonio Brown (WR-Pitts) vs. New York Jets.

The Steeler wide outs says they're not afraid of New York, but I sure am.

GB's D has been garbage, plus Cutler has more weapons now. But it's a short week. I don't know, I keep going back and forth. I think i'll take a "risk" and go Cutler because I feel like i'm gonna win this matchup anyway.

That's a tough one for you. Will Revis be on Wallace?



That's what I'm hoping for. Only Champ was on Brown in Denver, so...

fuck it. I'll keep Antonio. But if Jeffery does something special tonight... :x

I just remembered Revis is hurt and may not play.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
washing machine wrote:
I don't know anyone besides you that would take Cutler over Manning this week.

Do you know anyone who would take Manning over Cutler, though?

Both Davo and Shamp would.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
washing machine wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
washing machine wrote:
I don't know anyone besides you that would take Cutler over Manning this week.

Do you know anyone who would take Manning over Cutler, though?

Both Davo and Shamp would.

I think we all know we should always do the opposite of Shamp.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 25451
Location: 111 Archer Ave.
True.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
JK love that guy.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:51 am