Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Omicron pussy I ate
Gender: Male
HardTI wrote:
Who would you guys pick to start in a flex spot. Pierre Thomas, Sidney Rice, Titus Young, or Michael Turner?
My starting RBs are Bradshaw and one other (Gore is on bye so either Thomas or Turner). Debating even benching Bradshaw today but still really undecided this week.


well it's late but i would choose between Thomas or Rice, no question. Minnesota will get thrown on and Sproles is out for the Saints. leaning toward Thomas.

_________________
Stoplight plays it's part, so I would say you've got a part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:09 am 
Offline
Force of Nature
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:45 pm
Posts: 561
I ended up using Bradshaw and Thomas as my RBs and of-fucking-course I picked the one guy on my bench, Titus Young, who ain't doing shit today. Rice, Hartline, Nate Washington, and Turner (I'm assuming) all have great numbers today. Luckily the Bears D and Brandon Marshall are saving my ass. Having Rodgers at QB doesn't hurt either.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:57 pm
Posts: 3332
Location: Chicago-ish
Nice game Martin 8) 4 tds, 3 of them 40 yds+

126 pts


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:38 pm
Posts: 20059
Gender: Male
He was 51 in ESPN standard. Still a crazy number. I'm thinking about seeing if I can trade Jamaal Charles for the Bears D. I've also got Marshawn Lynch, Rashad Jennings, DeMarco Murray, and Alfred Morris at RB. Good idea?

_________________
stop light plays its part, so I would say you've got a part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 pm
Posts: 8288
guy scored 182 points against me this week. i hate this stupid game.

_________________
Sweep the leg!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: Hermosa
Over the past two weeks i was somehow able to pick up Greg Jennings and Darren Sproles on the wire.

Figure i'm able to bench them till playoff time since i am pretty much a lock already.

Anybody think that is not a wise decision and they won't bounce back? i lost nothing for them so i figure it's worth a shot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:57 pm
Posts: 3332
Location: Chicago-ish
deep wrote:
Over the past two weeks i was somehow able to pick up Greg Jennings and Darren Sproles on the wire.

Figure i'm able to bench them till playoff time since i am pretty much a lock already.

Anybody think that is not a wise decision and they won't bounce back? i lost nothing for them so i figure it's worth a shot.


Wow, how many teams are in your league?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:00 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: Hermosa
12. yeah i was pretty suprised.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
deep wrote:
12. yeah i was pretty suprised.

Your bench must be deep.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Omicron pussy I ate
Gender: Male
i hate when the same people every year in this one league don't pay attention to trade offers.

_________________
Stoplight plays it's part, so I would say you've got a part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 am 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: Hermosa
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
deep wrote:
12. yeah i was pretty suprised.

Your bench must be deep.


heh heh


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:10 am
Posts: 10993
Gender: Male
:)

_________________
i8pork wrote:
being on the internet is fun as hell. :comp:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
crazy parity in my league: four playoff spots are clinched, the best record is 8-4. the last two playoff spots are up for grabs between one 6-6 team and five 5-7 teams. everyone's still in it with one regular season game left.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
Spike wrote:
crazy parity in my league: four playoff spots are clinched, the best record is 8-4. the last two playoff spots are up for grabs between one 6-6 team and five 5-7 teams. everyone's still in it with one regular season game left.

We have a 14 team league. First place is the only one clinched now with one week to go. He's 9-3, second place is 8-4, then we have five at 7-5. The top six make the playoffs and i'm currently in seventh. I had some terrible weeks so my total points is low. I have pretty tough matchups this week.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Spike wrote:
crazy parity in my league: four playoff spots are clinched, the best record is 8-4. the last two playoff spots are up for grabs between one 6-6 team and five 5-7 teams. everyone's still in it with one regular season game left.

We have a 14 team league. First place is the only one clinched now with one week to go. He's 9-3, second place is 8-4, then we have five at 7-5. The top six make the playoffs and i'm currently in seventh. I had some terrible weeks so my total points is low. I have pretty tough matchups this week.

i'm 5-7 in a 10 team league, but leading the league in scoring (which is the first tie breaking criteria since we don't have divisions, so i'm currently sitting in the final playoff spot) and i'm first in POWER RANKINGS while on a three game winning streak. as long as i don't shit the bed this week, i like my chances.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
Spike wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Spike wrote:
crazy parity in my league: four playoff spots are clinched, the best record is 8-4. the last two playoff spots are up for grabs between one 6-6 team and five 5-7 teams. everyone's still in it with one regular season game left.

We have a 14 team league. First place is the only one clinched now with one week to go. He's 9-3, second place is 8-4, then we have five at 7-5. The top six make the playoffs and i'm currently in seventh. I had some terrible weeks so my total points is low. I have pretty tough matchups this week.

i'm 5-7 in a 10 team league, but leading the league in scoring (which is the first tie breaking criteria since we don't have divisions, so i'm currently sitting in the final playoff spot) and i'm first in POWER RANKINGS while on a three game winning streak. as long as i don't shit the bed this week, i like my chances.

Who do you have?

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Spike wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Spike wrote:
crazy parity in my league: four playoff spots are clinched, the best record is 8-4. the last two playoff spots are up for grabs between one 6-6 team and five 5-7 teams. everyone's still in it with one regular season game left.

We have a 14 team league. First place is the only one clinched now with one week to go. He's 9-3, second place is 8-4, then we have five at 7-5. The top six make the playoffs and i'm currently in seventh. I had some terrible weeks so my total points is low. I have pretty tough matchups this week.

i'm 5-7 in a 10 team league, but leading the league in scoring (which is the first tie breaking criteria since we don't have divisions, so i'm currently sitting in the final playoff spot) and i'm first in POWER RANKINGS while on a three game winning streak. as long as i don't shit the bed this week, i like my chances.

Who do you have?

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
also:

stafford
ponder
marshawn lynch
frank gore
cj spiller
michael turner
knowshon moreno
beanie wells
demaryius thomas
vincent jackson
julio jones
dez bryant
justin tucker (baltimore kicker)
san fran defense

really proud of these guys for continuing to fight after a 2-7 start


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
Not bad.

I still regret taking Julio over AJ Green. MJD in the third wasn't very helpful either.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
what i like about my team is that just about every guy projects for at least 10-12 points each week, so the standard deviation is low on me starting a dud player. my roster's as close to screw up proof as i've ever had, as long as stafford plays well, which hasn't been the case a lot of the year, hence my 5-7 record. i started kaepernick last week since he was playing NO, but i may have to put stafford back in against STL.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:14 am