Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:25 am 
Former PJ Drummer

I mainly like later Fugazi, from Red Medicine onward. I love The Argument. 13 Songs is great, but Repeater sounds like an inferior Gang of Four album to me, and everything else from that era isn't much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:57 pm 
Unthought Known

bart d. wrote:
I mainly like later Fugazi, from Red Medicine onward. I love The Argument. 13 Songs is great, but Repeater sounds like an inferior Gang of Four album to me, and everything else from that era isn't much better.

I disagree about Repeater. I think it's a killer album, w/ one of Fugazi's best instrumentals; and In On the Kill Taker is just as good, if not better in my opinion. The latter as well as the Argument are the two most underrated Fugazi albums. I recently purchased Red Medicine, and am really impressed w/ it so far; I've only listened to it twice, and it's been a few weeks since my last listen, but it will soon be back in the rotation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:11 pm 
Got Some

Fugazi albums are sorely in need of a remaster. If they were ever even mastered in the first place? The Argument is the only one that sounds mastered. What was the problem mastering isn't DIY?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:13 pm 
Corin's Cutie/Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Fugazi is incredible.

Sleater-Kinney, I will always <3 you! : (

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:19 pm 
Unthought Known

TS808 wrote:
Fugazi albums are sorely in need of a remaster. If they were ever even mastered in the first place? The Argument is the only one that sounds mastered. What was the problem mastering isn't DIY?

My 13 Songs, is remastered...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:19 pm 
Got Some

I rented Instrument through Netflix the other week and it was awesome. I at the moment only have 13 Songs, Red Medicine, End Hits and The Argument but they are all amazing. (Red Medicine and Argument are maybe my two favorite cds ever). They are one of those rare bands that has created an energy all their own and the fact that they didn't all underground and on their own label just makes me respect them more than any nationally know n band out there. Quickly becoming my favorite band of all-time. Also by the impression I got from Instrument they kick serious live. If only I could have seen them... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:21 pm 
Got Some

I rented Instrument through Netflix the other week and it was awesome. I at the moment only have 13 Songs, Red Medicine, End Hits and The Argument but they are all amazing. (Red Medicine and Argument are maybe my two favorite cds ever). They are one of those rare bands that has created an energy all their own and the fact that they didn't all underground and on their own label just makes me respect them more than any nationally know n band out there. Quickly becoming my favorite band of all-time. Also by the impression I got from Instrument they kick serious live. If only I could have seen them... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:28 pm 
Got Some

darth_vedder wrote:
TS808 wrote:

My 13 Songs, is remastered...

I don't think mine is even mastered. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:52 pm 
Got Some

13 Songs, Repeater+3, Steady Diet of Nothing, and In On the Kill Taker have all been remastered.

http://www.dischord.com/bands/fugazi.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:16 pm 
Unthought Known

the verb to trust wrote:

I haven't seen it yet, I think you have inspired me to check it out...

They are awesome live. I saw them back in 2002 at the Ft. Reno shows in DC (they're free concerts in a park in DC every summer, normally many discord bands play there and it's free of charge. So if you kiddies visit DC this summer be sure to check it out) it was amazing!!!! The energy they have live is rivaled by very few; bands like the Who in their hey day come to mind....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:19 pm 
Unthought Known

Unfortunately Dischord is quite the pompous label. Many talented bands that are better than the Dischord bands are being shunned by the label b/c they aren't in the inner circle of cool DC hipster. It really sucks, b/c Dischord is kinda like DC's SubPop, and to be honest not many good bands are on their label right now; especially since Fugazi is in hibernation, and Q & Not U broke up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:41 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Where's The Old Board? wrote:
Fugazi is incredible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:16 am 
Got Some

Mind of Meddle wrote:
13 Songs, Repeater+3, Steady Diet of Nothing, and In On the Kill Taker have all been remastered.

http://www.dischord.com/bands/fugazi.shtml

Hmm I need to check out the mastered version. My copy of 13 songs doesn't have a mastering credit on it and doesn't sound mastered. I would suggest these reissues should be called mastered versions rather than remastered versions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:59 am 
Got Some

Red Medicine is kicking my ass. Target has great lyrics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:21 am 
Got Some

Mind of Meddle wrote:
Red Medicine is kicking my ass.

Red Medicine is still kicking my ass. As is In on the Kill Taker.

I haven't heard Steady Diet of Nothing for years. How does it stack up to the rest of their catalog?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:06 am 
Banned from the Pit

this is the first time im really listening to the argument and its fucking amazing.i cant believe i let this album slip by me...now all i need to hear is in on the kill taker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:51 pm 
Unthought Known

wooden_jesus wrote:
this is the first time im really listening to the argument and its fucking amazing.i cant believe i let this album slip by me...now all i need to hear is in on the kill taker

In On The Kill Taker is good...It's a bit heavier, and faster than some of their other albums, many say more aggressive....IMO that and Red Medicine have been my favorties; however, I don't own the Argument, and have only heard it twice....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:09 pm 
Force of Nature

not to try and sell anybody anything, but if you dont have any or all of the live series you are missing out.

http://fugaziliveseries.com/

i ordered the full set around christmas and have been really enjoying all the shows from different eras of this great bands career. its really cool cause they have from the first show they ever played to the last shows they did in england in 02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:59 pm 
Got Some

What is the sound quality like on those boots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:07 pm 
Reissued

Mind of Meddle wrote:
What is the sound quality like on those boots?

Theres some samples up on that site. The earlier ones tend to be kinda rough, and the later ones are better, but they all seemed listenable to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands