Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Ghostasauros
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:51 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: St. Paul - Minneapolis
Gender: Male
The RM Top Albums of the year thread is always a favorite of mine and I am itching to get this years version started. I would start the thread myself but I seriously do not have the time to do all the tabulations of everyone's votes. So, who here wants to take the reins and get the thing started? MF, are you gonna take charge again? Don't everyone volunteer at once now...


Last edited by PHATJ on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Coast to Coast
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:21 am
Posts: 23078
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Gender: Male
viewtopic.php?p=3615256&sid=1f9dd4f45d728bb03c8b6fb5c25d7e95#p3615256

_________________
For more insulated and ill-informed opinions, click here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Ghostasauros
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:51 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: St. Paul - Minneapolis
Gender: Male
theplatypus wrote:
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?p=3615256&sid=1f9dd4f45d728bb03c8b6fb5c25d7e95#p3615256


Well dammit all. Let's get this done people!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Coast to Coast
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:21 am
Posts: 23078
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Gender: Male
I kinda agree with KD. Let's maybe wait a few months before doing it.

_________________
For more insulated and ill-informed opinions, click here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Ghostasauros
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:51 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: St. Paul - Minneapolis
Gender: Male
theplatypus wrote:
I kinda agree with KD. Let's maybe wait a few months before doing it.


Whatever works. Beggars (as in myself) can't be choosers. That being said, I really hope the thread happens. I enjoy it every year, and I have my list ready to go!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 35180
Location: Brasil
Gender: Male
soundgarden...

_________________
need you, dream you, find you, taste you, fuck you, use you, scar you, break you, lose me, hate me, smash me, erase me, kill me....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
Someone tell what albums I HAVE to listen to before we do this. I only heard like 10 new albums this year.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 pm
Posts: 1840
Location: Denver
Gender: Male
durdencommatyler wrote:
Someone tell what albums I HAVE to listen to before we do this. I only heard like 10 new albums this year.


That's always my problem...I'll do a search by 2012 (or whatever year) stuff and it's usually like 10-15 albums of which I got into like 5. There's just always too much stuff to catch up on...old favorites, new-to-me old records, new records, new bands with long discog's.

_________________
All your cryin' don't do no good...

Come down off the cross we can use the wood.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
I've spent the last 2 years listening to so much Tom Waits. Now I'm ready to get back out there and date again. But every time I try I get distracted by The Mynabirds.

I need help.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 pm
Posts: 1840
Location: Denver
Gender: Male
durdencommatyler wrote:
I've spent the last 2 years listening to so much Tom Waits. Now I'm ready to get back out there and date again. But every time I try I get distracted by The Mynabirds.

I need help.


I said almost this exact same thing to a buddy...I'd try to listen to a new album for like 2 years and realize that I had several Tom Waits albums I hadn't completely internalized yet, then I'd start listening to one of them, and then I'd put on Bone Machine, Rain Dogs, or Mule Variations cuz I had those memorized.

_________________
All your cryin' don't do no good...

Come down off the cross we can use the wood.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
Gods' Die wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I've spent the last 2 years listening to so much Tom Waits. Now I'm ready to get back out there and date again. But every time I try I get distracted by The Mynabirds.

I need help.


I said almost this exact same thing to a buddy...I'd try to listen to a new album for like 2 years and realize that I had several Tom Waits albums I hadn't completely internalized yet, then I'd start listening to one of them, and then I'd put on Bone Machine, Rain Dogs, or Mule Variations cuz I had those memorized.

It's stupid how many times I've started listening to something else, only to stop and put on Bone Machine instead. Stupid.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Guys, that's perfectly ok. It's like, what we lose in the fire we gain in the flood.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 12393
cutuphalfdead wrote:
what we lose in the fire we gain in the flood.


Chud was fifteen years old,
and he'd never seen the ocean.
He climbed into a van
with a vagabond.
And the last thing Chud said,
was "I love you, Mom."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 pm
Posts: 1840
Location: Denver
Gender: Male
McParadigm wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
what we lose in the fire we gain in the flood.


Chud was fifteen years old,
and he'd never seen the ocean.
He climbed into a van
with a vagabond.
And the last thing Chud said,
was "I love you, Mom."


Back in the days when I was a teenager,
before I had status and before I had a pager...
you could find the Cut-up listening to hip hop.
Chud used to say it reminded him of bebop.

_________________
All your cryin' don't do no good...

Come down off the cross we can use the wood.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
I'd give it all for a legacy of chud.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:56 pm
Posts: 19957
Location: Jenny Lewis' funbags
If there are still no takers I'll put together the list this year. It's been a busy few months so I haven't really been on the ball, so i guess i kinda forgot about it this year. However, Start thinking about your rankings and I'll put something together for when I'm back from vacation in the new year


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When does the RM Top Albums of 2012 thread get started?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Ghostasauros
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:51 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: St. Paul - Minneapolis
Gender: Male
MF wrote:
If there are still no takers I'll put together the list this year. It's been a busy few months so I haven't really been on the ball, so i guess i kinda forgot about it this year. However, Start thinking about your rankings and I'll put something together for when I'm back from vacation in the new year


This post makes me happy.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:07 am