Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post subject: Sigur Ros video (untitled)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:10 am 
Former PJ Drummer

i saw a video on tv the other day for a song called "untitled". im assuming it was off the album of the same (non)name. can somebody please explain this band to me. i really liked the video with the kids playing in the black snow with gasmasks on. it was pretty cool. the song was awesome. im interested in this band...point me in the right direction please.
thanks

also looking for info on
godspeed you black emperor! & death from above 1979

id like to listen to more of their tunes before i buy the cd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:45 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

they have a song called "nos novelin" that is played at the end of vanilla sky and it totally kicks ass...check that one out....i think it is also called "the song with no name" or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:06 am 
Supersonic

I'm actually not sure what album the video was from. Maybe another fan will be able to help you out there.

They have two proper studio albums. 'Agaetis Byrjun' and '( )'.

I started with Agaetis Byrjun and fell in love with it. I'd say start there, and once you've dug into it, go for ( ).

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Sigur Ros video (untitled)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:09 am 
Johnny Guitar

mikef wrote:
i saw a video on tv the other day for a song called "untitled". im assuming it was off the album of the same (non)name. can somebody please explain this band to me. i really liked the video with the kids playing in the black snow with gasmasks on. it was pretty cool. the song was awesome. im interested in this band...point me in the right direction please.
thanks

also looking for info on

id like to listen to more of their tunes before i buy the cd.

this video comes off a dvd that was included with the Sigur 1 / Sigur 9 single...it's very inexpensive (less than $10). I HIGHLY recommend getting it. There are two other videos on the DVD, one of which is very "on the edge," for lack of a better term.

The band is from Iceland and you can head over to http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk and download a crapload of their music...to me, all their stuff is great...but I've had trouble getting other people to give them the time of day.

I think it was Jeff or maybe Stone who mentioned they were into Sigur Ros in an interview a couple of years ago.

I was fortunate enough to see them play live in Detroit a few years ago...one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

ds

edit...fixed sigur ros website link.

Last edited by darkstar on Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:43 am 
Got Some

I really enjoy putting their music on when i go to bed. (that is a good thing by the way not trying to take a hack on them with that) Its relaxing to me. I own the () album and enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:39 pm 
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

the song "is called" untitled #1

of the album ( )

and stephen they have three studio albums

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:07 pm 
Johnny Guitar

but whatever you do....don't buy the EP they released called "Ba ba Ti ki Di do" containing the music they composed for a dance piece. It is in sharp contrast with everything else they've done up to now. Everything they released is gold EXCEPT Ba ba Ti ki Di do, which sucks big time. :)

But ( ) is your ticket to paradise, though. Soooo beautiful.

I saw them in october 2002 when they came in MTL. Unforgetable experience. Can't wait for their next album.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:20 pm 
Johnny Guitar

mikef wrote:
also looking for info on

If you want to try out Godspeed, i suggest you give a try to their album "Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven". It is their very best, in my humble opinion. And then there's Yanqui U.X.O. which is also amazing. And while you're at it, why don't you give a try to another band that is quite similar to Godspeed called "Explosions in the sky". Try their album "The earth is a cold dead place". All these albums are breathtaking.

But you live in Canada, right? If you ever come over to Montreal, i suggest you visit the "Casa Del Popolo" and the "Salla Rosa" on St-Laurent. These two restaurants are affiliated and a shitload of amazing bands play there all the time. Godspeed you black emperor! played there numerous times, so did Explosions in the sky. I'm going to see "Do Make Say Think" there in a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:54 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

BysTanDeR wrote:
mikef wrote:
also looking for info on

If you want to try out Godspeed, i suggest you give a try to their album "Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven". It is their very best, in my humble opinion. And then there's Yanqui U.X.O. which is also amazing. And while you're at it, why don't you give a try to another band that is quite similar to Godspeed called "Explosions in the sky". Try their album "The earth is a cold dead place". All these albums are breathtaking.

But you live in Canada, right? If you ever come over to Montreal, i suggest you visit the "Casa Del Popolo" and the "Salla Rosa" on St-Laurent. These two restaurants are affiliated and a shitload of amazing bands play there all the time. Godspeed you black emperor! played there numerous times, so did Explosions in the sky. I'm going to see "Do Make Say Think" there in a couple of weeks.

im in New Brunswick so i make the occasional trip to montreal. one of my favorite cities. ill have to keep those places in mind for my next trip. thanks for the info

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:33 pm 
Johnny Guitar

mikef wrote:
im in New Brunswick so i make the occasional trip to montreal. one of my favorite cities. ill have to keep those places in mind for my next trip. thanks for the info

http://www.casadelpopolo.com/

There you go, buddy....If you ever come over to QC, check out the "Calendar" section to see the bands playing at both the Casa, the Salla Rosa AND the "el Salon".

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands