Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:20 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Those tickets goes fast. I purchased mine at the very minute they went on sale, and I got very good seats on the 5th row floor but I checked half an hour later out of curiosity and all the good seats were gone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:03 pm 
Banned from the Pit

3dsound wrote:
Where are you gonna see them?

i'm seeing them at the acc in toronto.

Post subject: Re: green day tour
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:51 pm 
Johnny Guitar

3dsound wrote:
Who is going to see Green day on this tour?

I'am going to see them in november. Anybody that already saw them in the past I'd love some feedback on their previous performances cause it's gonna be my first.

I got to see them during the Dookie tour. It was easily one of the most intense and fun shows I've ever seen. It had the benefit of being in a small club to boot. They had SO MUCH energy while they were playing -- you could tell they were very happy to be there and loved what they were doing.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen happened there. They went into Longview, and suddenly, Billie Joe's face lit up as he was looking toward the back of the pit. He started motioning toward the stage. Someone had stolen a Longview street sign and brought it to the show. It was passed up to the stage and Billie Joe held it up for the entirety of the verse he was singing. Later on that summer, I saw a clip of them on their tour bus (a retired bookmobile) and the Longview sign was hanging over the door.

Midway through the show, they went into this 80s rock medly/parody. When they started playing "Come On Feel The Noise" they grabbed a kid out of the pit to sing. He got up there and started shouting like an idiot. Billie Joe asked for his name. The kid said something that sounded like "Joe Pricklick" so Billie Joe referred to him as such for the remainder of his time on the stage. When it came time to sing, the kid just screamed "fuck" a lot. Billie pushed him off the stage and went on with the song himself. It was pretty funny.

As a historical note, gay punkers "Pansy Division" opened for them and I don't think the audience was prepared for that. One guy stood at the back of the pit, giving them the double middle finger the whole show. I though Pansy Division was hilarious. The bassist came out on stage wearing a t-shirt that looked like the state of Florida, but upon further examination, it turned out to be a close-up of a guy's penis.

Post subject: Re: green day tour
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:36 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Papercuts! wrote:
3dsound wrote:
Who is going to see Green day on this tour?

I'am going to see them in november. Anybody that already saw them in the past I'd love some feedback on their previous performances cause it's gonna be my first.

I got to see them during the Dookie tour. It was easily one of the most intense and fun shows I've ever seen. It had the benefit of being in a small club to boot. They had SO MUCH energy while they were playing -- you could tell they were very happy to be there and loved what they were doing.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen happened there. They went into Longview, and suddenly, Billie Joe's face lit up as he was looking toward the back of the pit. He started motioning toward the stage. Someone had stolen a Longview street sign and brought it to the show. It was passed up to the stage and Billie Joe held it up for the entirety of the verse he was singing. Later on that summer, I saw a clip of them on their tour bus (a retired bookmobile) and the Longview sign was hanging over the door.

Midway through the show, they went into this 80s rock medly/parody. When they started playing "Come On Feel The Noise" they grabbed a kid out of the pit to sing. He got up there and started shouting like an idiot. Billie Joe asked for his name. The kid said something that sounded like "Joe Pricklick" so Billie Joe referred to him as such for the remainder of his time on the stage. When it came time to sing, the kid just screamed "fuck" a lot. Billie pushed him off the stage and went on with the song himself. It was pretty funny.

As a historical note, gay punkers "Pansy Division" opened for them and I don't think the audience was prepared for that. One guy stood at the back of the pit, giving them the double middle finger the whole show. I though Pansy Division was hilarious. The bassist came out on stage wearing a t-shirt that looked like the state of Florida, but upon further examination, it turned out to be a close-up of a guy's penis.

Thanks for that fun review of one of green day past show.. I am really looking forward to see them after reading this.. even though it's from an old show I hope they still have the same kind of energy!!! :D

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands