Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post subject: Tori Amos Buzzes With CD, Book Projects
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:06 pm 
Got Some

Amos Buzzes With CD, Book Projects
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/artic ... 1000694572

Tori Amos will in February release a new studio album and publish her first book. Due Feb. 22, the singer/songwriter's eighth studio album and second for Epic is dubbed "The Beekeeper." Amos is self-producing the set in her U.K. studio, and recording with frequent collaborators Matt Chamberlain (drums) and Jon Evans (bass). Songs bound for the disc include "Sweet the Sting," "Sleeps With Butterflies" and "Ribbons Undone."

"'The Beekeeper' is musically inspired by the fact that the piano has realized that she has an organ," Amos says. "With my right hand on her organ and my left hand on her piano keys, I have been changed by the relationship between these two beautiful creatures, the Bosendorfer piano and the B3 Hammond organ."

Meanwhile, "Tori Amos: Piece by Piece" is being co-written with journalist Ann Powers and will be published Feb. 8 by Broadway Books, a division of Random House. It is said to be an intimate look at Amos' private and performing life.

In late 2002, Amos released "Scarlet's Walk," her first album for Epic after more than a decade as a solo artist with Atlantic. The set debuted at No. 7 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 577,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

In May, Epic released the Amos concert DVD "Welcome to Sunny Florida," which debuted at No. 2 on Billboard's Top Music Video chart and has sold 41,000 copies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:17 pm 
Got Some

fantastic!

i'm one of the few people who enjoyed scarlet's walk. hell, if it wasn't for little earthquakes, it'd be my favourite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:41 pm 
Jim's Pal

YES! I haven't been keeping up with Tori, but the last I heard was plans for a tour / album early 2005. Supposedly, half the tour is with the band and half is solo. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:19 am 
Unthought Known

Timber wrote:
fantastic!

i'm one of the few people who enjoyed scarlet's walk. hell, if it wasn't for little earthquakes, it'd be my favourite.

Scarlet's Walk IS my favorite of her records. I'll definitely be picking this up.

yieldgirl wrote:
I look a like slut trying to have my boobs all sticking out and shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:19 am 
Got Some

Timber wrote:
fantastic!

Scarlet's Walk is definitely a good album.

GREED MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND!

Dean Corso for Mod 2005!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:21 am 
Jim's Pal

StyrofoamChicken wrote:
Timber wrote:
fantastic!

Scarlet's Walk IS my favorite of her records. I'll definitely be picking this up.

I thought it lacked.. something. I'm not sure what. But maybe my opinion's tainted, because I read reviews before listening to it.

I'll give it a listen now, with a more open mind. Maybe it's just different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:50 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Tori Amos book = remedy for insomnia...

A little harsh, perhaps, but...

8)

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands