PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:52 am 
Black Metal Hero

Why does it feel like Sunday :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:41 am 
Jim's Pal

godeatgod wrote:

weird...i thought the same thing today. actually i said to a friend "thank god the elction is the day after tomorrow"

:oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:50 am 
Unthought Known

Eminem sucks. Looks like I'll be changing the channel during the musical performances again. That seems to happen quite a bit.

yieldgirl wrote:
I look a like slut trying to have my boobs all sticking out and shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:49 am 
Global Moderator

ill see what he is like live, i dont mind him on the albums, but ill just be watching kate :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:53 am 
Black Metal Hero

YouAre GivenToFly wrote:
godeatgod wrote:

weird...i thought the same thing today. actually i said to a friend "thank god the elction is the day after tomorrow"

:oops: :oops:

It's something like a phenomenon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:54 am 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

StyrofoamChicken wrote:
Eminem sucks. Looks like I'll be changing the channel during the musical performances again. That seems to happen quite a bit.

SNL hasn't had a decent band for ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its all hiphop MTV pop Nelly Britney Simpson crap !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:56 am 
Jim's Pal

3dsound wrote:
StyrofoamChicken wrote:

SNL hasn't had a decent band for ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its all hiphop MTV pop Nelly Britney Simpson crap !!!

What about Ashlee? She was a good choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:01 am 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

bullet proof wrote:
3dsound wrote:
StyrofoamChicken wrote:

What about Ashlee? She was a good choice.

That is so true!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:22 am 
Banned from the Pit

3dsound wrote:
StyrofoamChicken wrote:

i was watching a SNL rerun the other day and Smashing Pumpkins was the musical guest. it wasn't until then that i realized just how fucked this current teen generation is. they played 'cherub rock' and 'today' and it just fucking owned. my brother is 17 right now and i just felt like calling him and apologizing to him or sympathizing with him since mainstream music sucks sooooo much these days. *steps off soapbox*

btw, that eminem song sucked. i enjoyed the fact that it was trashing bush but can't anyone write a catchy protest song anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 am 
Banned from the Pit

I'm not a big fan of Eminem, but it was nice to see a pretty strong political song, instead of his radio single.

Good stuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:24 am 
Jim's Pal

mookie d wrote:
3dsound wrote:
StyrofoamChicken wrote:

i was watching a SNL rerun the other day and Smashing Pumpkins was the musical guest. it wasn't until then that i realized just how fucked this current teen generation is. they played 'cherub rock' and 'today' and it just fucking owned. my brother is 17 right now and i just felt like calling him and apologizing to him or sympathizing with him since mainstream music sucks sooooo much these days. *steps off soapbox*

btw, that eminem song sucked. i enjoyed the fact that it was trashing bush but can't anyone write a catchy protest song anymore?

Excellent, excellent post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:13 pm 
Got Some

Is it just me or was Eminem lip syncing. There was one spot about half way through the song where his lips quit moving but I still hear him. Also he either had a backing track that was just barely delayed or he was definitely lip syncing because it sounded like two Eminems singing at once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:16 pm 
Unthought Known

The only worthwhile aspect of Eminem has nothing to do with things he says/writes in his music, it's the fact that he constantly says "What the fuck, c'mon, it's just a joke, relax, get a sense of humor, etc. etc." but the second someone insults him in the press or simply expresses disagreement with something he says on one of his records, he flips out. What a tool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:29 pm 
Got Some

inadvertent imitation wrote:
The only worthwhile aspect of Eminem has nothing to do with things he says/writes in his music, it's the fact that he constantly says "What the fuck, c'mon, it's just a joke, relax, get a sense of humor, etc. etc." but the second someone insults him in the press or simply expresses disagreement with something he says on one of his records, he flips out. What a tool.

I think you just described everyone on this board.

--PunkDavid

Post subject: Re: Eminem On SNL Tonight
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:03 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

borisdisco wrote:
with Kate Winslet

sweet!

with Kate, it would've been worth watching !! :luv:

no one else can heal your soul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:24 pm 
Banned from the Pit

mookie d wrote:
3dsound wrote:
StyrofoamChicken wrote:

I Agree with all of you!... Its a real shame that the mainstream is polluted with that teenpoppunkhiphop garbage. The sad thing is that the biggest chance that a good new genre of Rock 'n' Roll to become mainstream again is on the next decade!. SNL's skits are getting a bit better, but from late 1999 most of thier musical guest really sucked! Anyone see that horrible episode where Britney was the host and the guest! that an hour of my life I will never have again!.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:34 pm 
Got Some

mad_city wrote:
Anyone see that horrible episode where Britney was the host and the guest! that an hour of my life I will never have again!.

She most certainly is a horrible actor and singer/musical guest but she sure isnt bad to look at. I agree that SNL has gotten bad in recent years but I must say the women they get to host the shows are hot, Lindsay Lohan, Kate Winslete, Britney. Although the show is horrible now I do think one of the funniest skits ever had to be the Harry Potter skit with Lindsay Lohan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:43 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Watch The Flames wrote:
Is it just me or was Eminem lip syncing. There was one spot about half way through the song where his lips quit moving but I still hear him. Also he either had a backing track that was just barely delayed or he was definitely lip syncing because it sounded like two Eminems singing at once.

I thought the same thing!!!!!!! you bet he did! I noticed the same thing and my friends watching with me too! At one point he puts the micro down for a second and keep on singing without changes in the sound.. even though the micro was away from his mouth.

it's blasphemy.. after what happens last week... !!!!!!!!! and making fun of it in the Osama sketch!

By the way this SNL really sucked!!! wasn't funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:17 pm 
Got Some

3dsound wrote:
Watch The Flames wrote:

I thought the same thing!!!!!!! you bet he did! I noticed the same thing and my friends watching with me too! At one point he puts the micro down for a second and keep on singing without changes in the sound.. even though the micro was away from his mouth.

it's blasphemy.. after what happens last week... !!!!!!!!! and making fun of it in the Osama sketch!

By the way this SNL really sucked!!! wasn't funny!

I thought this one was really funny. Winslet is an excellent live performer.

As for Eminem....yeah, he was definitely lip syncing - but then again, he raps so it's not going to get much attention. I did like the first song though - direct, in your face lyrics about politics. Good stuff.

PATS 38 GIANTS 10 - However I do see a chance the Pats letting it all hang out and scoring 56 or 63 points. Just realize that you will NEVER see a team like this again in your lifetime.... that is until next year...... 38-0

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands