Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post subject: The new Sleater-Kinney album
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:58 pm 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

Tiny Mix Tapes wrote:
Sleater-Kinney Sign To Sub Pop And Begin Work On New Album; Orgasms Aplenty

Whenever I'm at a loss to express my excitement, glee, or general sentiments, I look to the wisest, wiseass fictional character in the history of film: ah yes kids, I'm talking about Billy Madison. So when I heard that everyone's favorite Pacific Northwestern rock goddesses, Sleater-Kinney, recently signed with Seattle's Sub Pop records, I did indeed exclaim that I peed my pants. My friends did not find this amusing. And then I felt like a jackass all night. A jackass with wet pants. Moral of the story is, don't tell people you just peed your pants, 'cause it's not as funny in real life. Damn you, Billy!

In what continues to be the best year in Sub Pop's most recent history, the label keeps the momentum rolling by signing perhaps one of the most influential and definitely rockingest all-chick bands of the last ten years. Score! In a statement from the band's official website, S-K "parted amicably with Killrockstars last year. After a decade of playing music we decided that we wanted to try something new. We will always consider KRS to be part of who we are and have much love and respect from them." Word.

The gals will be entering the studio in early November to begin recording their Sub Pop debut, and follow up to 2002's One Beat, with producer David Fridmann. A release date of late spring/early summer of 2005 is expected.

In other Sleater-Kinney related news, the band will be joining The Flaming Lips and Wilco for a kick ass New Year's Eve show at NYC's Madison Square Garden. Internet presale for this show begins today, 11/1 at 10 am EDT via Musictoday.com. Public onsale begins 11/5 at 10AM via Ticketmaster (aka Ticketscammer). And if that's not enough excitement for you, neato tshirts are now available on the band's official online store! Oh my god, I think I just wet myself again!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:27 pm 
Got Some

Awesome! I was wondering when they'd get back to work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:17 pm 
Unthought Known

Heh. Talked about this with some KillRockStars fans. Not too happy with the trio. This should be cool, though. Open up some new possibilities. A band (aside from Mudhoney) I don't dislike on Sub Pop. This hasn't happened since the days of Sunny Day Real Estate ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:27 pm 
Got Some

i thought one beat was their best album so i'm definately looking forward to this

Top Five Musical Geniuses (Alphabetical Order): Johnny Cash, Miles Davis, Andrew Hill, Mark Lanegan, Tom Waits

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands