Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:42 am 
Jim's Pal

Buffalohed wrote:
Heh, I would love to go, but the tickets are gonna run me a lot.

Actually, the question is, how often do they tour? If it is only once for each album, which is generally every 3 years, I might have to go all out to get tickets so I don't have to wait forever when I miss this one.

You can view the past tour dates here:
http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/arctour.php

They tour pretty regularly, but your location plays heavily in your chances of seeing them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:52 am 
Former PJ Drummer

That is pretty strange. According to that, they have only played once in Austin. But I know some people that claim to have seen them play twice. They do tour pretty extensively but a good part of thier tours are in europe. :?

Whatever shall I do. Actually, to tell the truth, I'm not super keen on seeing them, not as much as some other bands. Especially for the price. We will see what I can find on ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:53 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Buffalohed wrote:
They do tour pretty extensively but a good part of thier tours are in europe. :?

Hey, they're not all like Pearl Jam, you know. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:02 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Buffalohed wrote:
That is pretty strange. According to that, they have only played once in Austin. But I know some people that claim to have seen them play twice. They do tour pretty extensively but a good part of thier tours are in europe. :?

Whatever shall I do. Actually, to tell the truth, I'm not super keen on seeing them, not as much as some other bands. Especially for the price. We will see what I can find on ebay.

How much are tickets going for? They were only $30 face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:15 am 
Jim's Pal

MF wrote:
Buffalohed wrote:

Fuck you. I paid $70 for mine, after shipping from Iceland and whatnot.
:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:33 am 
Former PJ Drummer

bullet proof wrote:
MF wrote:
Buffalohed wrote:

Shit! Did you order it from the band or off ebay? I didn't have to pay shipping because the tickets are all will-call at the venue the day of the show. I bought 2 tickets for $30 a piece.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:36 am 
Jim's Pal

MF wrote:
bullet proof wrote:
MF wrote:
Buffalohed wrote:

Shit! Did you order it from the band or off ebay? I didn't have to pay shipping because the tickets are all will-call at the venue the day of the show. I bought 2 tickets for $30 a piece.

Directly from the band's site at klink.. I couldn't do will-call, 'cuz it wasn't my credit card. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:35 am 
Former PJ Drummer

bullet proof wrote:
MF wrote:
bullet proof wrote:
MF wrote:
Buffalohed wrote:

Directly from the band's site at klink.. I couldn't do will-call, 'cuz it wasn't my credit card. :(

Will call was the only option for the show. I guess that's how they roll in Portland, ME. I would have preferred to have the tickets mailed to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:10 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Only option I have right now is ebay. I need to fucking get cracking and decide whether or not I am gonna go so I can snag them for less than 50 bucks a pop while I still can. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:57 am 
Jim's Pal

MF wrote:
bullet proof wrote:
MF wrote:
bullet proof wrote:
MF wrote:
Buffalohed wrote:

Will call was the only option for the show. I guess that's how they roll in Portland, ME. I would have preferred to have the tickets mailed to me.

Sigur Ros has a lot of issue with their mailed tickets, actually. Since it's shipped from overseas, you have to be there to sign for it and if you're not it gets sent back (?). A lot of people on the US tour last year weren't home to sign for it, so klink told them to go will-call. So they did, and then weren't on the list, and missed all of Amina's set and some of SR's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:07 pm 
Banned from the Pit

thanks everyone for the help.

they are coming to AC soon. I tired for tickets, appear to be sold out.

Perhaps I will buck up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:42 am 
Reissued

Me and a friend of mine/romantic interest went music shopping today, because she gave up music with lyrics for lent and I needed to show her some post-rock stuff. We eventually ended up getting Agaetis Byrjun, which she counted as not having lyrics because who knows Icelandic anyway?

So I come home and put it on myself...it's such a good album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:44 am 
Black Metal Hero

Mickey wrote:
Me and a friend of mine/romantic interest went music shopping today, because she gave up music with lyrics for lent and I needed to show her some post-rock stuff. We eventually ended up getting Agaetis Byrjun, which she counted as not having lyrics because who knows Icelandic anyway?

Icelandic doesn't count as a language now? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:47 am 
Reissued

godeatgod wrote:
Mickey wrote:

No, it does. But..she wanted post-rock stuff, and this suited her better than Godspeed and the crappy first Explosions album did, and since she can't understand the lyrics and they're used almost like an instrument anyway, we just ignored the fact that Sigur Ros does have lyrics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:48 am 
Black Metal Hero

Mickey wrote:
godeatgod wrote:
Mickey wrote:

No, it does. But..she wanted post-rock stuff, and this suited her better than Godspeed and the crappy first Explosions album did, and since she can't understand the lyrics and they're used almost like an instrument anyway, we just ignored the fact that Sigur Ros does have lyrics.

GOD KNOWS ICELANDIC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:56 am 
Former PJ Drummer

I think the lyrics are translated into English on their website, but I'm not sure if it's for all their albums...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:57 am 
Black Metal Hero

For how few people live in Iceland they have a LOT of bands, same goes for Finland.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:24 am 
Unthought Known

godeatgod wrote:
For how few people live in Iceland they have a LOT of bands, same goes for Finland.

It's cold outside, and for a long time it's pretty dark.

If Patagonia and Siberia had Finland and Iceland's economic prosperity, they'd produce heaps of bands too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:28 am 
Black Metal Hero

Hinny wrote:
godeatgod wrote:

It's cold outside, and for a long time it's pretty dark.

If Patagonia and Siberia had Finland and Iceland's economic prosperity, they'd produce heaps of bands too.

They probably would.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:44 am 
Got Some

i have front row sigur ros tickets for may 8th. SO FUCKING EXCITED. i can't wait for gong..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands