Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dave Matthews Band is pretty good
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:37 am 
Got Some

stompbox wrote:
Brass Monkey

YT sound isn't working so not positive if this is the same audio source but http://soundcloud.com/alaskafox/dave-ma ... band-brass sounds pretty damn clear, IEM clear.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 am 
AnalLog

thats awesome, i knew they'd do something for mca after he died. flawless transition

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:34 pm 
Got Some

http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday ... ?pc=DMDD95

The 3.2.94 show from The Masquerade Nightclub in Tampa, FL (the historic Rivoli then Ritz Theatre, now the Ritz Ybor) is the band's first performance at the venue during their first tour dates in Florida. DMB received a great reception from the audience.

Highlights of the show include a classic Warehouse with supporting vocals from Carter and, as always, one-of-a-kind playing from LeRoi. Hard hitters from the show include Tripping Billies, Pay For What You Get and a solid rendition of Help Myself. Minarets features Carter and Dave’s scatting intro and ends with its typical feverish finish, segwaying into Typical Situation. What Would You Say is funky and tight and keeps the crowd hollering. Ants ends the show with a rousing finish. The 3.2.94 show has been digitally mastered and is available in its entirety.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:16 am 
AnalLog

i cant lie, warehouse hasnt been the same since leroi died. tim reynolds took the solo and the end, and they do that weird salsa thing, but it will never be as good as when roi went off right before the last verse.

the band has still been taking things to a new level. i havent been too impressed w/ the setlists, but they do things live that just get me off. cant wait til next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 pm 
Got Some

warehouse wrote:
i cant lie, warehouse hasnt been the same since leroi died. tim reynolds took the solo and the end, and they do that weird salsa thing, but it will never be as good as when roi went off right before the last verse.

the band has still been taking things to a new level. i havent been too impressed w/ the setlists, but they do things live that just get me off. cant wait til next week.

Warehouse from SPAC '06 is my favorite version ever. The salsa outro has been there for a long time but I agree it is not the same without Roi. I really enjoyed my shows and while I do follow the setlists I don't bitch about them. Not that you are, but over at ants the world seems to revolve around DMB's nightly setlist.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:28 pm 
AnalLog

oasisfan35 wrote:
warehouse wrote:

Warehouse from SPAC '06 is my favorite version ever. The salsa outro has been there for a long time but I agree it is not the same without Roi. I really enjoyed my shows and while I do follow the setlists I don't bitch about them. Not that you are, but over at ants the world seems to revolve around DMB's nightly setlist.

i dont think the song gets better than on Listener Supported. that solo at the end is the best solo ive ever heard.

setlists so far have been kinda hit or miss, but the encores have been awesome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:02 pm 
Got Some

Listener Supported is probably the live release that gets the most play from me, I love that show.

I'm looking forward to watching the setlist roll in tonight. Probably a good time to get some archiving done as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 am 
Force of Nature

Red Rocks is great... pretty amazing Dancing Nancies.... and that's not one of my favorite songs.

My problem with Dave is that there are songs I love and songs I hate... and in concert... when a bad song comes on... I have to wait a minimum of 8 min for it to be done...

That being said...... Say Goodbye, Warehouse, Cry Freedom, Grey Street, Jimi Thing, and Seek Up and Halloween are amongst my favs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:11 pm 
AnalLog

Aliveguy1 wrote:
Red Rocks is great... pretty amazing Dancing Nancies.... and that's not one of my favorite songs.

My problem with Dave is that there are songs I love and songs I hate... and in concert... when a bad song comes on... I have to wait a minimum of 8 min for it to be done...

That being said...... Say Goodbye, Warehouse, Cry Freedom, Grey Street, Jimi Thing, and Seek Up and Halloween are amongst my favs.

luckily there's always good looking chicks at dmb shows so you have something to kill your time when they play satelite or something almost as terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:40 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

festival show last night, and my first chance to see them outside in my home state. glad they played, but a good chunk of the set wasn't my cup of tea. like someone above said, there are songs i love and songs i hate, and this show seemed to have them alternating every 2-3 songs or so. i'd be happy to never hear corn bread again. a lot of these songs got a rise out of the crowd, though, so what do i know. pretty uptempo, high energy set. getting song that jane likes was not expected at a festival, so i can walk away being happy with that. big eyed fish ended and i thought they were going into bartender, but they actually seemed to play don't drink the water to bartender's rhythm. maybe it was just the sound being muddied in the field, but it sounded pretty cool. stefan's bass solo was a couple tool songs, so at least the tool fans who stuck around had something to cheer for.

Dave Matthews Band
June 24, 2012
River's Edge Music Festival
Harriet Island, Saint Paul, MN

Seven
Shake Me Like a Monkey
Big Eyed Fish »
Don't Drink the Water
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel
Mercy
Funny the Way It Is
Crush
Spaceman »
Corn Bread
So Damn Lucky
The Song That Jane Likes
Jimi Thing
What Would You Say
Time Bomb
Two Step
-----------------------------------
Grey Street
Stefan solo »
All Along the Watchtower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 pm 
Supersonic

Are they back to playing What Would You Say with regularity?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:51 pm 
Got Some

Chris_H_2 wrote:

http://www.dmbalmanac.com/SongStats.aspx?sid=10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 pm 
Got Some

AndySlash wrote:
festival show last night, and my first chance to see them outside in my home state. glad they played, but a good chunk of the set wasn't my cup of tea. like someone above said, there are songs i love and songs i hate, and this show seemed to have them alternating every 2-3 songs or so. i'd be happy to never hear corn bread again. a lot of these songs got a rise out of the crowd, though, so what do i know. pretty uptempo, high energy set. getting song that jane likes was not expected at a festival, so i can walk away being happy with that. big eyed fish ended and i thought they were going into bartender, but they actually seemed to play don't drink the water to bartender's rhythm. maybe it was just the sound being muddied in the field, but it sounded pretty cool. stefan's bass solo was a couple tool songs, so at least the tool fans who stuck around had something to cheer for.

I believe someone mentioned the same on Stefan's twitter. The setlist scan may prove interesting.

Personally there are really only a few songs I tend to dislike and they're American Baby and Smooth Rider. Can't Stop is close but whenever I hear it I am reminded of '06 when it was a cool intro to Crush. I dig Smooth Rider on the album but it's like ten minutes shorter and a short, fun filler track.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:58 pm 
AnalLog

Chris_H_2 wrote:

lets hope not

i think the set above is pretty good. ive been following the sets this tour and they've been playing alot of slower stuff. which brings me to my point about songs i hate and songs i love. its pretty easy to distinguish, the loud/fast songs are better than the soft/slow ones. with that said, im super pumped for tomorrows show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:32 am 
Got Some

warehouse wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

lets hope not

i think the set above is pretty good. ive been following the sets this tour and they've been playing alot of slower stuff. which brings me to my point about songs i hate and songs i love. its pretty easy to distinguish, the loud/fast songs are better than the soft/slow ones. with that said, im super pumped for tomorrows show.

I'm guessing that is your honest opinion. I agree setlist flow has been an issue this year but gig performances almost nullify this issue when taken as a whole. I really wish I was able to go to Bethel this weekend but I am confident that I will get a solid AUD pull.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:24 am 
Ghostasauros

I've always enjoyed DMB. My favorite album is Before These Crowded Streets. I think it is by far the best set of songs the band has ever put together. Busted Stuff would probably be my second favorite.

My favorite songs include, but are not limited to (in no particular order):

Bartender
Don't Drink The Water
Halloween
The Stone
Eh Hee (Radio City version)
The Dreaming Tree
Squirm
Gray Street
Cry Freedom
Crash Into Me
The Space Between
Louisiana Bayou
The Best Of What's Around
Lover Lay Down (my wife and I had our first dance at our wedding to this song)
Jimi Thing
Don't Burn The Pig
Grace Is Gone
Where Are You Going
Warehouse
Why I Am
Steady As We Go
Time Bomb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:53 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

oasisfan35 wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

I believe someone mentioned the same on Stefan's twitter. The setlist scan may prove interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 am 
AnalLog

did they put the horn part from "bartender" into "dont drink the water" or do i need more coffee?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:42 pm 
Got Some

Dave Matthews Band will release its new album, Away From the World, on Sept. 11.

Away From the World is now available for pre-order. Here’s the official new DMB album track listing:

“Broken Things”
“Belly Belly”
“Mercy”
“Gaucho”
“Sweet”
“The Riff”
“Belly Full”
“If Only”
“Rooftop”
“Snow Outside”
“Drunken Soldier”

Fans who pre-order the new DMB album will also receive a five- or eight-song bonus disc featuring live performances of new songs. DMB has not announced the track listing for the Away From the World bonus disc.

Away From the World will be available in CD, vinyl and digital formats. Fans who pre-order the super deluxe edition will also receive a photo book and DVD. The Away from the World cover art is coming soon, according to the official DMB website.

“Mercy,” out July 16, will be the first single from Away From the World. Here’s a brief promo video for the new DMB album, featuring an instrumental clip of a new song and footage of the band and producer Steve Lillywhite in the studio:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:21 pm 
Supersonic

Some of those are absolutely terrible song titles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands