Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:39 pm 
Got Some

Dec. 10, 2004 - Headbanger's Ball' To Feature Reactions From DIME's Friends And Other Bands

More information has surfaced regarding this weekend's special edition of MTV2's "Headbanger's Ball" hosted by MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine. In addition to commentary by Mustaine and regular host Jamey Jasta (HATEBREED), the program, which is scheduled to air this Saturday at 10:00 p.m. EST/7:00 p.m. PST, will feature some of Dimebag Darrell's friends calling in, reactions from fans and bands, plus the latest news on the Columbus tragedy and some DAMAGEPLAN and PANTERA videos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:24 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  YIM  Profile

stranger34 wrote:
lol shocked my bodybag post didnt get removed. i guess otherbands moderators arent as gay as the general chat ones.

seriously was a horrible horrible incident

and by all accounts dimebag was a legend and a great dude

the bodybag comment was just me regurgitating some sick humor i heard earlier on imus. who is a corpse himself

:roll:

I sent men to their doom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:23 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

ElPhantasmo wrote:
Whale&Wasp wrote:
I mean no disrepect here, but just for peace of mind, take a look at dimebags life and affiliations, I dont mean to judge but its very unlikely it was a random act.

There's always some douchebag like you that has to come into a thread and shit on people, isn't there? You don't mean to judge? Do you know anything about Pantera or DD? He was nothing but a good ol' Texas boy that loved to party and play the fuck outta his guitar. He was killed by a psycho. You mean no disrespect, and you don't mean to judge, yet that's exactly what you've done. How about you just STFU. This is quite a shock and many, many of his fans are feeling pretty fucked up about this.

And it's exactly what you've just done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:39 pm 
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

Ron Dayvüe wrote:
Dec. 10, 2004 - Headbanger's Ball' To Feature Reactions From DIME's Friends And Other Bands

More information has surfaced regarding this weekend's special edition of MTV2's "Headbanger's Ball" hosted by MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine. In addition to commentary by Mustaine and regular host Jamey Jasta (HATEBREED), the program, which is scheduled to air this Saturday at 10:00 p.m. EST/7:00 p.m. PST, will feature some of Dimebag Darrell's friends calling in, reactions from fans and bands, plus the latest news on the Columbus tragedy and some DAMAGEPLAN and PANTERA videos.

I wish I had digital cable so I could see this. MTV could definitely improve my opinion of them if they were to show this one on their regular programming instead of just on mtv2. An unbelievable sad event, but at least Dime is being remembered. That's the way it should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:46 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I wish wrote:
ElPhantasmo wrote:
Whale&Wasp wrote:
I mean no disrepect here, but just for peace of mind, take a look at dimebags life and affiliations, I dont mean to judge but its very unlikely it was a random act.

There's always some douchebag like you that has to come into a thread and shit on people, isn't there? You don't mean to judge? Do you know anything about Pantera or DD? He was nothing but a good ol' Texas boy that loved to party and play the fuck outta his guitar. He was killed by a psycho. You mean no disrespect, and you don't mean to judge, yet that's exactly what you've done. How about you just STFU. This is quite a shock and many, many of his fans are feeling pretty fucked up about this.

And it's exactly what you've just done.

What? This thread is about the tragic death of a great guitarist. I was pointing out that someone has to come into threads like this and say something that's obviously going to be hurtful to the people that are upset over his death. And he's a fucking douchebag for doing it. How is my saying that anywhere near what he did?

I sent men to their doom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:32 am 
Former PJ Drummer

My personal Dimebag memorial:

We were hanging out last night at the local dive (cheap beer, bad music) and we starting giving our cheers to dimebag. The "DJ" (i use the term loosly because he could be replaced by a 5 disc changer full of mixed top 40 cds) was playing the usual dance crap despite the fact that NOBODY in the joint was into it. Anyways after several attempts at asking the guy to play anything by pantera, he kept saying he didnt have any, a guy came forward with Far Beyond Driven from his car. The DJ still refused to play it despite the fact that dozons of people were cheering for it. Said that he wasnt allowed to play anything like that cause the bar wouldnt let him....
So my buddy goes up to the bar staff and convinces them to tell the DJ they want to hear it too and that its okay to play...

Finally the asshole relents and 5 Minutes Alone comes blasting on the stereo. LOUD AS FUCK!!!! The place went NUTS!!!! My buddy had meanwhile gone the the bar and ordered 11 shots of Jack Daniels (cost him $40!) and we all had a shot in DDs honour...it was so good we had another round 15 minutes later and toasted again...

and thats my story.

Great time...great man...great music and he will be missed
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:41 am 
Force of Nature

there are some fucked up people in this world.

what a terrible tragedy. RIP DD and god bless his family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:10 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  YIM  Profile

mikef wrote:
My personal Dimebag memorial:

We were hanging out last night at the local dive (cheap beer, bad music) and we starting giving our cheers to dimebag. The "DJ" (i use the term loosly because he could be replaced by a 5 disc changer full of mixed top 40 cds) was playing the usual dance crap despite the fact that NOBODY in the joint was into it. Anyways after several attempts at asking the guy to play anything by pantera, he kept saying he didnt have any, a guy came forward with Far Beyond Driven from his car. The DJ still refused to play it despite the fact that dozons of people were cheering for it. Said that he wasnt allowed to play anything like that cause the bar wouldnt let him....
So my buddy goes up to the bar staff and convinces them to tell the DJ they want to hear it too and that its okay to play...

Finally the asshole relents and 5 Minutes Alone comes blasting on the stereo. LOUD AS FUCK!!!! The place went NUTS!!!! My buddy had meanwhile gone the the bar and ordered 11 shots of Jack Daniels (cost him $40!) and we all had a shot in DDs honour...it was so good we had another round 15 minutes later and toasted again...

and thats my story.

Great time...great man...great music and he will be missed
:(

Right on. Dime would want people to do just that in his honor. Nice story man.

I sent men to their doom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:20 am 
Got Some

I just finished watching the Dimebag tribute on Headbangers Ball and I think the most fitting comment was made by a fan who had emailed or posted on a message board. His comment was that Dime had inspired him to pick up a guitar when he was younger and that "Even though I didn't know him (Dime), he was a friend of mine" I think there are a ton of people out there that feel exactly the same. I know I do. Anytime I ever read or saw an interview or saw any of the Pantera Home Vids, Dime and all the Pantera family for that matter just seemed like such down to earth, genuine cats. Metal lost one of its chief torchbearers when it lost Dime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:16 am 
Johnny Guitar
 WWW  Profile

A good friend of mine sings in a metal band out of Chicago and knew Dime fairly well. He was recalling to me yesterday how a couple of years ago he and Dime and Vinnie met up in Chicago at a show they were all there to hang out at, and Dime asks my buddy (Mike) "Hey you got any weed?" and he replies "no I don't smoke, messes with my voice too much." And Dime asks "You like whiskey?" Mike replies "hell yeah" and Dime put his arm around him and said "then we're gonna get fucked up brother. Let's go."

Not that that is the most inspiring story ever, but I thought I would share. And had I been there, I would have had a drink with the guy cause he seemed like he would have been a riot to party with.

RIP DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:53 pm 
Supersonic

jpj77 wrote:

Not that that is the most inspiring story ever

stop right there. im fuckin inspired!

ps. im serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:22 pm 
Supersonic

yeah this is fuckin terrible..needless to say..but heres my 2 cents..

these events need to get beefed up in security..whre the fuck was the security..how in the hell did this jackass get in the place with a gun..and then get on the stage with it..after the pistons game, then this..we should really check into our event security..fuckin we're too worried about the arabs and fighting wars overseas to kill terrorists thousands of miles away..well what about the terrorists right here in our counrty (and you wont ever hear this guy being referred to as a terrorists because our media only associates terrorists with the fucking arabs..but obviously he committed an act of terror, thus making him a terrorist)..all im saying is that we need to get our acts together..

i heard a lot of people saying that they were glad that the killer got shot on the scene..fuck that..i think he got off way to easy..he claimed to be a big pantera fan..if he was a true fan id love for him to see the faces of the millions of pantera fans after they heard what he did..

finally..right after i heard the dimebag story i heard a story about a kid where i live..i think he was 19..(i live in a real calm area)..apparently he owed people money (assuming drugs, but who knows)..they got the kid..cut off his tongue with fuckin scissors..put gas on his dick and then burnt it off..then torched his whole body (this is the account of the story i got..should be accurate but not definite)..the kid lived..but in horrible shape needless to say..well after hearing these 2 stories, im thinkin, what the fuck is wrong with people..sick fucks out there..its such a shame..i dont know what is going on anymore

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:25 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

i got bugs wrote:
claimed to be a big pantera fan..if he was a true fan id love for him to see the faces of the millions of pantera fans after they heard what he did..

finally..right after i heard the dimebag story i heard a story about a kid where i live..i think he was 19..(i live in a real calm area)..apparently he owed people money (assuming drugs, but who knows)..they got the kid..cut off his tongue with fuckin scissors..put gas on his dick and then burnt it off..then torched his whole body (this is the account of the story i got..should be accurate but not definite)..the kid lived..but in horrible shape needless to say..well after hearing these 2 stories, im thinkin, what the fuck is wrong with people..sick fucks out there..its such a shame..i dont know what is going on anymore

fucking sick. this world sucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:44 pm 
Reissued

i got bugs wrote:
yeah this is fuckin terrible..needless to say..but heres my 2 cents..

these events need to get beefed up in security..whre the fuck was the security..how in the hell did this jackass get in the place with a gun..and then get on the stage with it..after the pistons game, then this..we should really check into our event security..fuckin we're too worried about the arabs and fighting wars overseas to kill terrorists thousands of miles away..well what about the terrorists right here in our counrty (and you wont ever hear this guy being referred to as a terrorists because our media only associates terrorists with the fucking arabs..but obviously he committed an act of terror, thus making him a terrorist)..all im saying is that we need to get our acts together..

i heard a lot of people saying that they were glad that the killer got shot on the scene..fuck that..i think he got off way to easy..he claimed to be a big pantera fan..if he was a true fan id love for him to see the faces of the millions of pantera fans after they heard what he did..

Yeah this world is fucked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:31 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  YIM  Profile

There are some great photos of the memorial here:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source ... |0|0|0&p=3

Great picture of Jerry Cantrell singing for Dime. The pictures of Vinnie break my heart.

RIP Dime.

I sent men to their doom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:19 pm 
Banned from the Pit
 WWW  Profile

Bought his MXR Dime Distortion pedal yesterday...

RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:49 pm 
Banned from the Pit

i got bugs wrote:
these events need to get beefed up in security..whre the fuck was the security

It seems like people on this board have rather quickly gone from complaining about "overzealous" security to saying that security is not aggressive enough in the wake of this tragedy. I'm not singling anyone out in particular, and I dont want to take away from what's going on, but please everyone--think about this next time you (or Eddie) wants to start complaining about "the guys in yellow." They are there for a reason.

Post subject: Re: RIP Dimebag
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:46 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

6 years today

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:49 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

:peace:

pantera still kicks fuckin ass

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.

Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:50 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

watched this for the first time last week:

good times. Dimebag is one of the greats, not just metal-greats.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands