Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3368 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 169  Next
 Post subject: *** BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ***
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:30 pm 
Got Some

Bruce made it to the show last night.
He looked as he did in the " bedazzler " photos from the Light Of Day Benefit a few weeks back, gray milkman hat and all .
The security was insane as usual- no pics or vids to share. :evil:
It was great to see him playing an electric guitar again.! :bammer:
Bruce hit the stage approx 1130 pm, Oh yeah- i met and chatted with Senetor Lautenberg of NJ afterwards. Huge Bruce fan.

Setlist : Darlington County , Spirit In The Night , Seaside Bar Song , Waitin' On A Sunny Day , *10th Avenue Freeze Out ( w/ Jon Bon Jovi and full horn sections :shock: :shock: ) , Santa Claus Is Coming To Town ( full stage ) .

* The last E Street Tour this basically was dropped off the setlists for " Marys Place "( the extended long band intros , ect ) , so it was nice to hear this again and especially with all the horns and all those electric guitars ...

photos some poeple snuck in there- i was in the loge with only 3 rows , it extended down over the orchestra- so security was too tighht to even take my cam out ) :crying: i actually enjoyed the show instead of looking thru the lens.

JBJ & Southside

these 2 take the cake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:24 pm 
Epitome of cool
 WWW  Profile

That's a good little setlist. But...Bon Jovi? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:00 pm 
Got Some

dirtyfrank0705 wrote:

:roll: Contrary to popular belief Jon Bon Jovi totally rocks live....very much in the same fashion as Southside and Bruce.

Bon Jovi :bammer:

:D Awesome pictures!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:02 pm 
Epitome of cool
 WWW  Profile

girl_interrupted wrote:
dirtyfrank0705 wrote:

:roll: Contrary to popular belief Jon Bon Jovi totally rocks live....very much in the same fashion as Southside and Bruce.

The only time the terms "Bon Jovi" and "rock" should be included in the same sentence is if you're explaining his love of geology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:11 pm 
Got Some

dirtyfrank0705 wrote:
girl_interrupted wrote:
dirtyfrank0705 wrote:

The only time the terms "Bon Jovi" and "rock" should be included in the same sentence is if you're explaining his love of geology.

I knew your reply would be of that nature.......however, I've seen Bon Jovi live and i've seen Bruce live.....both rock (not a geology reference) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:25 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

dirtyfrank0705 wrote:

I thought the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:28 pm 
Got Some

girl_interrupted wrote:
[I knew your reply would be of that nature.......however, I've seen Bon Jovi live and i've seen Bruce live.....both rock (not a geology reference) :wink:

apples and oranges.
Bruce and Bon Jovi arent even in the same stratosphere of Rock and a live performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:53 pm 
Got Some

PAGE ONE

Tim McLoone
5 songs
SS Johnny
4 songs
Run Rudolph - A
Who Says You Can't Go Home - G

PAGE TWO

Then He Kissed Me - E
Da Do Run - Eb
Be My Baby - E
Not Alone Anymore - C
Wait Till My Bobby - F
Love Messin w/ Mind - G
White Xmas - Bb
Let it Be - C
Spanish Harlem - D
Pretty Angel Eyes
River Deep - Bb
R7R Radio - G
Hurricane - A-

PAGE THREE

Bruce
Darlington County - G
Spirit in the Night - E-
Seaside Bar Song - E
Sunny Day - C
10th Ave Freeze - F
Santa Claus Comin to Town - G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:36 pm 
Supersonic

Looked like a Flaming Lips show near the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:03 am 
Needs to start paying for bandwidth

McParadigm wrote:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:18 am 
Got Some

banned?

sorry i didnt know i broke " the rules"

Last edited by Bathgate66 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:26 am 

:shock:

sweet!

take out your link though, might get you banned...

do you have Vol 1. as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:20 am 
Got Some

McParadigm wrote:

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

WHEN THEY SAID "ALL-STAR," THEY MEANT IT

The Boss man joins the band for Bobby B's holiday jam
On Tuesday night, "The Bobby Bandiera All-Star Holiday Concert" lived up to its billing, as Bobby wrangled a whole host of New Jersey greats for a full night of holiday cheer. The show was a benefit for the PALS Support Group, a charity started by Terry Magovern in memory of Joan Dancy. After a few words from Dave Marsh about the good cause, it was right into nearly four hours of music: Tim McLoone and his Holiday Express kicked things off, followed by sets from the balcony-storming Mark Pender and LaBamba, Bandiera's smokin' Rock and Soul Revue, Southside Johnny, and Gary U.S. Bonds. The night's penultimate artist was Bon Jovi, who turned in a charming set of yuletide R&B, like "Please Come Home for Christmas," "Blue Christmas," and "Run Run Rudolph." Dave Gaetano tells us, "It was a fantastic evening of music. The night kept building and building. Everyone knows the vibe that is present when Bruce is going to be making an appearance, and that electricity was in the air from the pre-show reception right on through the last notes of the evening."

Yes, then there was Bruce, closing the show with a 35-minute set. Backed by Bandiera's Rock and Soul Revue, plus a big swath of Jukes making for an immense horn section, Springsteen brought the heat.

Flynn McLean writes: "Bruce was on fire from the minute he sauntered on stage last night, casually picked up an electric guitar, and launched right into the opening chords of 'Darlington County.' In a setting where he could have played it cool, he took it up a notch and had the entire theatre eating out of his hand. While many fans were just happy to see him strap on an electric guitar, Bruce showed that he could still make it talk -- the intensity of his playing, especially on 'Spirit in the Night,' not usually a guitar-driven song, blew everyone away. Bruce let the audience take over a couple of lines during 'Spirit,' much to its delight. The horns added a lot to 'Darlington' and 'Seaside Bar Song,' and, of course, 'Tenth Avenue Freeze-out,' which included Jon Bon Jovi. A fun 'Waitin' on a Sunny Day,' which Bruce dedicated to Terry, could have been better than in 2003.

"The finale of Santa Claus brought the surreal images of Bruce sharing the stage with the Grinch (not Southside Johnny, but a person in an actual Grinch suit) and a couple of Sesame Street characters. [It was a 'Flaming Lips-like scene,' says Gaetano.] Jon asked Bruce if he had been good this year, and Bruce responded by playing some hot licks on the guitar while Santa Claus bore witness. It was just a great night, even if the show lagged a bit at points over the course of the night before Bruce took the stage. And wWhile we certainly enjoyed the artistry of Devils & Dust and the enthusiasm of the Seeger Sessions, last night reminded us of what Bruce does best: rock the house."
-December 13, 2006 - photos by Kevin O'Keefe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:45 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

Sweet. 8)

I won't comment on Bon Jovi. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:47 am 
Got Some

i've met bruce before

GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO
GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:50 am 
Got Some

holierthanthou wrote:
i've met bruce before

so have i

twice

Shore legends play Santa
Springsteen and Bon Jovi lead rollicking revelry that tops $100,000 for ALS
Thursday, December 14, 2006

BY JAY LUSTIG

Star-Ledger Staff

POP/ROCK

For once, Bruce Springsteen was at a loss for words.

He and Jon Bon Jovi were exchanging banter at the end of "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," the grand finale of the Bobby Bandiera All-Star Concert that took place Tuesday night at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank.

Bon Jovi, playing Santa Claus, asked him if he had been good this year. Springsteen replied that he had.

Then Bon Jovi threw him a curveball, asking him to define "good."

Springsteen hesitated a moment, then played a sweet, lyrical guitar solo that appeared to be an attempt to define the word, nonverbally.

It was that kind of night, as old friends, including Southside Johnny Lyon and Gary U.S. Bonds, got together to raise more than $100,000 for the Joan Dancy & PALS (People with ALS) Support Group. The organization was named for the late Joan Dancy, a Middletown resident who died from ALS -- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a neurological disorder also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease -- last year. It was founded by Terry Magovern, who was Dancy's fiancé, and is Springsteen's longtime bodyguard, assistant and friend.

Despite the seriousness of the cause, the show had the same loose, fun spirit of Springsteen's own holiday concerts of the past. Costumed revelers (Santa Claus, the Grinch, Elmo, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and more) joined the musicians for "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." Springsteen and Bon Jovi cracked each other up with goofy dance moves when they dueted on "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out." During a set by the Mark Pender Band, trumpeter Pender, trombonist Richie "La Bamba" Rosenberg and other horn players strolled through the theater's orchestra section, then up to the balcony, continuing to play the whole time.

For his show-closing set, Springsteen was backed by Bandiera (who also played with Bon Jovi, Southside Johnny and Bonds) and 13 members of Bandiera's Jersey Shore Rock-n-Soul Revue. They created a big, brassy sound on old favorites such as "Darlington County" and "Spirit in the Night" as well as one of Springsteen's most hopeful recent songs, "Waitin' on a Sunny Day," dedicated to Magovern and the late Dancy.

Springsteen's set peaked with a fast, forceful version of "Seaside Bar Song," a'70s obscurity that he resurrected on his 1998 "Tracks" boxed set, and has performed occasionally since then.

Bon Jovi dueted with Southside Johnny on "I Don't Want to Go Home" before presenting his own set, which emphasized seasonal material such as "Blue Christmas" (sung in an Elvis-like croon), "Run Rudolph Run" and "Please Come Home for Christmas."

He closed with his recent hit, "Who Says You Can't Go Home." He introduced the song by talking about how proud he was to be from New Jersey, and how happy he was to share the stage with people like Southside Johnny ("my hero"), Springsteen ("the man"), Bonds ("one of the originators") and two original members of Southside Johnny's Asbury Jukes (keyboardist Kevin Kavanaugh and percussionist Ken "Popeye" Pentifallo).

Previously, he was also effusive in his praise of Bandiera, a longtime Juke who played guitar on the recent world tour by the Bon Jovi band. He called him a "true legend of the Jersey Shore."

The show opened with short sets by Holiday Express and the Mark Pender Band, and a long one by the Jersey Shore Rock-n-Soul Revue. The Revue concentrated on songs from their recent Phil Spector tribute concert ("Da Doo Ron Ron," "Be My Baby," "River Deep -- Mountain High," "Unchained Melody," "Let It Be"), but ended with an extended run through Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane," complete with a mesmerizing guitar solo by Bandiera, who drew from Young's own palette of earthy grunge-rock tones.

Southside Johnny sounded hoarse singing "Spanish Harlem" with the Jersey Soul Rock-n-Soul Revue, but rallied during his own set, belting out classics like "Talk to Me" and "Trapped Again." Bonds also made a cameo with the Revue, on "Little Bitty Pretty One," then returned for a set of his own, which included trademark songs like "New Orleans" and "Quarter to Three."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:56 pm 
Got Some

Bathgate66 wrote:
holierthanthou wrote:
i've met bruce before

so have i

twice

Shore legends play Santa
Springsteen and Bon Jovi lead rollicking revelry that tops $100,000 for ALS
Thursday, December 14, 2006

BY JAY LUSTIG

Star-Ledger Staff

POP/ROCK

For once, Bruce Springsteen was at a loss for words.

He and Jon Bon Jovi were exchanging banter at the end of "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," the grand finale of the Bobby Bandiera All-Star Concert that took place Tuesday night at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank.

Bon Jovi, playing Santa Claus, asked him if he had been good this year. Springsteen replied that he had.

Then Bon Jovi threw him a curveball, asking him to define "good."

Springsteen hesitated a moment, then played a sweet, lyrical guitar solo that appeared to be an attempt to define the word, nonverbally.

It was that kind of night, as old friends, including Southside Johnny Lyon and Gary U.S. Bonds, got together to raise more than $100,000 for the Joan Dancy & PALS (People with ALS) Support Group. The organization was named for the late Joan Dancy, a Middletown resident who died from ALS -- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a neurological disorder also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease -- last year. It was founded by Terry Magovern, who was Dancy's fiancé, and is Springsteen's longtime bodyguard, assistant and friend.

Despite the seriousness of the cause, the show had the same loose, fun spirit of Springsteen's own holiday concerts of the past. Costumed revelers (Santa Claus, the Grinch, Elmo, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and more) joined the musicians for "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." Springsteen and Bon Jovi cracked each other up with goofy dance moves when they dueted on "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out." During a set by the Mark Pender Band, trumpeter Pender, trombonist Richie "La Bamba" Rosenberg and other horn players strolled through the theater's orchestra section, then up to the balcony, continuing to play the whole time.

For his show-closing set, Springsteen was backed by Bandiera (who also played with Bon Jovi, Southside Johnny and Bonds) and 13 members of Bandiera's Jersey Shore Rock-n-Soul Revue. They created a big, brassy sound on old favorites such as "Darlington County" and "Spirit in the Night" as well as one of Springsteen's most hopeful recent songs, "Waitin' on a Sunny Day," dedicated to Magovern and the late Dancy.

Springsteen's set peaked with a fast, forceful version of "Seaside Bar Song," a'70s obscurity that he resurrected on his 1998 "Tracks" boxed set, and has performed occasionally since then.

Bon Jovi dueted with Southside Johnny on "I Don't Want to Go Home" before presenting his own set, which emphasized seasonal material such as "Blue Christmas" (sung in an Elvis-like croon), "Run Rudolph Run" and "Please Come Home for Christmas."

He closed with his recent hit, "Who Says You Can't Go Home." He introduced the song by talking about how proud he was to be from New Jersey, and how happy he was to share the stage with people like Southside Johnny ("my hero"), Springsteen ("the man"), Bonds ("one of the originators") and two original members of Southside Johnny's Asbury Jukes (keyboardist Kevin Kavanaugh and percussionist Ken "Popeye" Pentifallo).

Previously, he was also effusive in his praise of Bandiera, a longtime Juke who played guitar on the recent world tour by the Bon Jovi band. He called him a "true legend of the Jersey Shore."

The show opened with short sets by Holiday Express and the Mark Pender Band, and a long one by the Jersey Shore Rock-n-Soul Revue. The Revue concentrated on songs from their recent Phil Spector tribute concert ("Da Doo Ron Ron," "Be My Baby," "River Deep -- Mountain High," "Unchained Melody," "Let It Be"), but ended with an extended run through Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane," complete with a mesmerizing guitar solo by Bandiera, who drew from Young's own palette of earthy grunge-rock tones.

Southside Johnny sounded hoarse singing "Spanish Harlem" with the Jersey Soul Rock-n-Soul Revue, but rallied during his own set, belting out classics like "Talk to Me" and "Trapped Again." Bonds also made a cameo with the Revue, on "Little Bitty Pretty One," then returned for a set of his own, which included trademark songs like "New Orleans" and "Quarter to Three."

I would have loved to have been there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:22 pm 
Got Some

Last weeks Christmas Show ( Photos above in this thread )

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VT2UH203

Bobby Bandiera All Star Holiday Concert
Count Basie Theater, Red Bank NJ
December 12 2006
to benefit PALS (People with ALS)

Southside Johnny

01 intro
02 Talk to Me
03 It's Christmas Time Baby
04 I Don't want to Go Home - w/JBJ
05 Trapped Again

Bon Jovi

06 intro
07 Please Come Home For Christmas
08 Blue Christmas
09 Run Rudolph Run
10 Who Says You Can't Go Home

Bruce Springsteen

11 Darlington County
12 Spirit in the Night
13 Seaside Bar Song
14 Waiting on a Sunny Day
15 10th Ave Freezeout - w/JBJ
16 Santa Claus is Coming to Town

or, if you prefer just the Bruce songs , here they are individually :

10th Avenue w/ JBJ
http://www.savefile.com/files/355325

Seaside Bar Song
http://www.savefile.com/files/355360

Spirit In The Night * check out this guitarwork by The Boss
http://www.savefile.com/files/355377

Darlington County
http://www.savefile.com/files/355393

Waitin' On A Sunny Day
http://www.savefile.com/files/355422

Santa
http://www.savefile.com/files/355459

SSJ

Talk To Me
http://www.savefile.com/files/355433

I Don't Wanna Go Home
http://www.savefile.com/files/355491

Last edited by Bathgate66 on Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:56 pm 

woah! neat!

i'll download this when i get home.

how's the sound quality?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:56 pm 
Got Some

conoalias wrote:
woah! neat!

i'll download this when i get home.

how's the sound quality?

i would say decent.

its not from the engineering board or anything, can be quiet loud , with whistles , applause and screaming , but you can get a feel for the music regardlesss. Slight echo in this super small " Hall " .

you should still enjoy it tho .

i personally could do without the Jon Bon Jovi stuff but hey its okay .

Last edited by Bathgate66 on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3368 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 169  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands