Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: WTF is Corduroy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:01 am
Posts: 19477
Location: Brooklyn NY
fucker

_________________
LittleWing sometime in July 2007 wrote:
Unfortunately, it's so elementary, and the big time investors behind the drive in the stock market aren't so stupid. This isn't the false economy of 2000.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Spaceman
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:03 am
Posts: 24177
Location: Australia
Yeah, I miss him :arrow:

_________________
Oh, the flowers of indulgence and the weeds of yesteryear,
Like criminals, they have choked the breath of conscience and good cheer.
The sun beat down upon the steps of time to light the way
To ease the pain of idleness and the memory of decay.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:21 am
Posts: 585
Location: THE LAND DOWN UNDER!
you gotta admit, his posts were funny.

_________________
I'm the ocean, I'm the *giant* undertow.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:48 am
Posts: 2612
present tense wrote:
you gotta admit, his posts were funny.


Yeah, but his pretentious elitisim got annoying fast.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Spaceman
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:03 am
Posts: 24177
Location: Australia
does Screamadelica = corduroy?

_________________
Oh, the flowers of indulgence and the weeds of yesteryear,
Like criminals, they have choked the breath of conscience and good cheer.
The sun beat down upon the steps of time to light the way
To ease the pain of idleness and the memory of decay.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 35180
Location: Brasil
Gender: Male
wtfic?

_________________
need you, dream you, find you, taste you, fuck you, use you, scar you, break you, lose me, hate me, smash me, erase me, kill me....


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
you gotta admit, him getting banned was to be expected

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Johnny Guitar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 112
Location: Slow Country
Can anyone of you explain cos' i don't know for what you are talking about!!! :?

_________________
And what does the wall say to ya?
I ain't a mirror, fuck off


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
Rubi wrote:
Can anyone of you explain cos' i don't know for what you are talking about!!! :?


corduroy was a user on the old board, who some might say was extremely obnoxious (though i guess to be fair, some if not most would say the same about me), but went around calling everyone a parse or some other made up name to insult people who didnt agree with his musical tastes.

the line was drawn when he said he was going to assisnate george dubya bush, and when given the chance to recant, he said he was serious. if the post wasnt moved out of the general section for us users and into the mod forum, im most certain it would have been reported and he would have had some explaining to do to guys in black suits and glasses

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:29 am
Posts: 1240
Peeps wrote:
Rubi wrote:
Can anyone of you explain cos' i don't know for what you are talking about!!! :?


corduroy was a user on the old board, who some might say was extremely obnoxious (though i guess to be fair, some if not most would say the same about me), but went around calling everyone a parse or some other made up name to insult people who didnt agree with his musical tastes.

the line was drawn when he said he was going to assisnate george dubya bush, and when given the chance to recant, he said he was serious. if the post wasnt moved out of the general section for us users and into the mod forum, im most certain it would have been reported and he would have had some explaining to do to guys in black suits and glasses


Do they wear sunglasses at night?


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
only cory does

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:29 am
Posts: 1240
Peeps wrote:
only cory does


Is he in the FBI now? That was quite a career change.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm
Posts: 10620
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male
I particularly miss having an entire thread I or someone else started about a band completely derailed by his typical response: "[insert band/singer name here] sucks." :arrow:


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:27 am
Posts: 1690
Location: panis et circensis
vacatetheword wrote:
does Screamadelica = corduroy?


Yeah that's what I thought.

And I liked Corduroy, even though I didn't agree with many of his posts or musical tastes, he was still a funny guy.

_________________
Quote:
Alright end of the charade. Get the fuck out of here!


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 4470
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
POST TITLE: Who Here Likes <insert band name here>?


REPLIES:

"I DO!"

"They're fantastic!"

"I really liked their last album"

"I think the first album was better than anything else they've done, but that's just me."

CORUROY: "They're complete shite. Rubbish I tell you. You must be a complete idiot to want to listen to <insert band name here> Go listen to some real music like Metallica or Green Day then we'll talk about good music. Until then you'll stay a moron."


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:29 am
Posts: 1240
Cartman wrote:
POST TITLE: Who Here Likes <insert band name here>?


REPLIES:

"I DO!"

"They're fantastic!"

"I really liked their last album"

"I think the first album was better than anything else they've done, but that's just me."

CORUROY: "They're complete shite. Rubbish I tell you. You must be a complete idiot to want to listen to <insert band name here> Go listen to some real music like Metallica or Green Day then we'll talk about good music. Until then you'll stay a moron."


Who are you?


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Force of Nature
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:12 pm
Posts: 580
Location: Anywhere but here.
I personally liked Corduroy...

His caustic attitude was refreshing.

:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 4470
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Auggiestyle wrote:
Cartman wrote:
POST TITLE: Who Here Likes <insert band name here>?


REPLIES:

"I DO!"

"They're fantastic!"

"I really liked their last album"

"I think the first album was better than anything else they've done, but that's just me."

CORUROY: "They're complete shite. Rubbish I tell you. You must be a complete idiot to want to listen to <insert band name here> Go listen to some real music like Metallica or Green Day then we'll talk about good music. Until then you'll stay a moron."


Who are you?


I am the Ghost of Tom Joad.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:38 am
Posts: 2258
Location: Boston
i thought he was a dick. we only need maybe one person on this board like that and since king kool does it better i say good riddance to corduroy

_________________
My Music Page:http://www.rateyourmusic.com/~barto19

Top Five Musical Geniuses (Alphabetical Order): Johnny Cash, Miles Davis, Andrew Hill, Mark Lanegan, Tom Waits


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:09 pm
Posts: 24847
Location: this stark raving, sick, sad little world
Gender: Male
he's almost as cool as King Kool.

_________________
never mind, death professor.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:33 am