Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Will Oldham / Bonnie 'Prince' Billy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:32 pm 
Got Some

durdencommatyler wrote:
I like that first record he did with Isobel Campbell quite a bit and I like Sweet Oblivion.

Try Whiskey for the Holy Ghost or Bubblegum. They're both pretty damn good. Blues Funeral is pretty interesting but I'd hit these two first. His records all had an acoustic-based blues rock feel until Bubblegum; now his last two have had different vibes from the rest of his discography. And I do enjoy those two Screaming Trees records as well.

Come down off the cross we can use the wood.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:45 pm 
Supersonic

Gods' Die wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I like that first record he did with Isobel Campbell quite a bit and I like Sweet Oblivion.

Try Whiskey for the Holy Ghost or Bubblegum. They're both pretty damn good. Blues Funeral is pretty interesting but I'd hit these two first. His records all had an acoustic-based blues rock feel until Bubblegum; now his last two have had different vibes from the rest of his discography. And I do enjoy those two Screaming Trees records as well.

Have you heard (/do you like) Ballad of the Broken Seas w/ Isobel Campbell?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:09 pm 
Got Some

durdencommatyler wrote:
Gods' Die wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Have you heard (/do you like) Ballad of the Broken Seas w/ Isobel Campbell?

I like all his records with her (my favorite being the most recent), though I prefer his best solo works to those records. And her records spurred my downloading of 3 or 4 Belle & Sebastiom records. Given them a couple spins and they seem like they could take a pretty good hold if I let em.

Come down off the cross we can use the wood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands