Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm
Posts: 10620
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Holy crap have these setlists been diverse. They opened with Into the Woods the other night. I don't remember them playing that at any time before period, let alone opening with it.

I'm really looking forward to the August show here in Chicago.

Have a great time.


Still tickets available Mr. Weedwhacker.

I'm not allowed in Chicago.


But that one-year ban expires before the show.

Oh, well that's good. I've learned my lesson and will never refer to Frank Thomas as "Black Beauty" ever again.


The 275 White Sox fans at the game when you made that reference before your interpretive dance to the Star Spangled Banner forgive you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:40 am
Posts: 5773
Location: S. MPLS
Gods' Die wrote:
I've skipped 3 opportunities in the past 2 years to see BoH. And as I see it BoH are still improving as MMJ unfortunately are not. So MMJ might also be missing what makes them so kickass. Plus I'm not so sure there's some realms where BoH hasn't equaled MMJ. They're really fucking good, and I love MMJ.


this.

while MMJ are a much stronger live band, their albums have been downhill big time since Z, whereas Band of Horses, while their debut is still my favorite, i've at least enjoyed the hell out of their last two albums... can't say the same for MMJ.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:40 am
Posts: 5773
Location: S. MPLS
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Holy crap have these setlists been diverse. They opened with Into the Woods the other night. I don't remember them playing that at any time before period, let alone opening with it.

I'm really looking forward to the August show here in Chicago.


sadly that's one of the worst songs in their entire catalog and the only black eye on Z :lol:

pretty damn stoked for the Somerset and Milwaukee shows


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Jim's Pal
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:49 pm
Posts: 2525
Location: South Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Anybody here going to Forecastle Festival?

_________________
Reading 10.01.04 - Philly 10.03.05 - Camden 5.27.06 - Camden 5.28.06 - Camden 6.19.08


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:35 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: Hermosa
Full Forecastle show :thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSUhzvcf ... re=related

setlist:
THE DARK
BLACK METAL (w/ Preservation Jazz Hall)
WORDLESS CHORUS
IM AMAZED
ANYTIME
IT BEATS 4 U
STEAM ENGINE
ISNT IT A PITY (George Harrison Cover. w/ Dean Wareham)
OUTTA MY SYSTEM
MAHGEETAH
ROCKET MAN (Elton John Cover)
THE BEAR
COBRA
RUN THRU
MAKES NO DIFFERENCE ( The Band cover w/ Clint from PJHB on Sax Solos)
SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN
TOUCH ME PT.2
GIDEON (w/ Andrew Bird on violin)

VICTORY DANCE
CIRCUITAL
CARELESS WHISPER (Wham! Cover)
ONE BIG HOLIDAY (w/ Johnny Quaid & the Squallis Puppeteers)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Omicron pussy I ate
Gender: Male
deep wrote:
Full Forecastle show :thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSUhzvcf ... re=related

setlist:
THE DARK
BLACK METAL (w/ Preservation Jazz Hall)
WORDLESS CHORUS
IM AMAZED
ANYTIME
IT BEATS 4 U
STEAM ENGINE
ISNT IT A PITY (George Harrison Cover. w/ Dean Wareham)
OUTTA MY SYSTEM
MAHGEETAH
ROCKET MAN (Elton John Cover)
THE BEAR
COBRA
RUN THRU
MAKES NO DIFFERENCE ( The Band cover w/ Clint from PJHB on Sax Solos)
SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN
TOUCH ME PT.2
GIDEON (w/ Andrew Bird on violin)

VICTORY DANCE
CIRCUITAL
CARELESS WHISPER (Wham! Cover)
ONE BIG HOLIDAY (w/ Johnny Quaid & the Squallis Puppeteers)


amazing set list. Run Thru?! way to go guys!

i really wish they would incorporate more covers into their shows. maybe not the level of Pearl Jam, but one or two a show.

_________________
Stoplight plays it's part, so I would say you've got a part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:02 pm
Posts: 3391
Location: At work, at my desk.
Red Mosquitoes wrote:
deep wrote:
Full Forecastle show :thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSUhzvcf ... re=related

setlist:
THE DARK
BLACK METAL (w/ Preservation Jazz Hall)
WORDLESS CHORUS
IM AMAZED
ANYTIME
IT BEATS 4 U
STEAM ENGINE
ISNT IT A PITY (George Harrison Cover. w/ Dean Wareham)
OUTTA MY SYSTEM
MAHGEETAH
ROCKET MAN (Elton John Cover)
THE BEAR
COBRA
RUN THRU
MAKES NO DIFFERENCE ( The Band cover w/ Clint from PJHB on Sax Solos)
SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN
TOUCH ME PT.2
GIDEON (w/ Andrew Bird on violin)

VICTORY DANCE
CIRCUITAL
CARELESS WHISPER (Wham! Cover)
ONE BIG HOLIDAY (w/ Johnny Quaid & the Squallis Puppeteers)


amazing set list. Run Thru?! way to go guys!

i really wish they would incorporate more covers into their shows. maybe not the level of Pearl Jam, but one or two a show.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:01 pm
Posts: 2333
Location: Branford, CT
stompbox wrote:
Red Mosquitoes wrote:
deep wrote:
Full Forecastle show :thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSUhzvcf ... re=related

setlist:
THE DARK
BLACK METAL (w/ Preservation Jazz Hall)
WORDLESS CHORUS
IM AMAZED
ANYTIME
IT BEATS 4 U
STEAM ENGINE
ISNT IT A PITY (George Harrison Cover. w/ Dean Wareham)
OUTTA MY SYSTEM
MAHGEETAH
ROCKET MAN (Elton John Cover)
THE BEAR
COBRA
RUN THRU
MAKES NO DIFFERENCE ( The Band cover w/ Clint from PJHB on Sax Solos)
SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN
TOUCH ME PT.2
GIDEON (w/ Andrew Bird on violin)

VICTORY DANCE
CIRCUITAL
CARELESS WHISPER (Wham! Cover)
ONE BIG HOLIDAY (w/ Johnny Quaid & the Squallis Puppeteers)


amazing set list. Run Thru?! way to go guys!

i really wish they would incorporate more covers into their shows. maybe not the level of Pearl Jam, but one or two a show.


Their covers of Rocket Man and It Makes No Difference are two of my favorites, though the Band one needs a sax not wailing.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder
And so it goes...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Omicron pussy I ate
Gender: Male
live stream from newport:

http://www.npr.org/event/music/15583909 ... tival-2012

_________________
Stoplight plays it's part, so I would say you've got a part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:10 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: Hermosa
Red rocks night 1 setlist below. They promised no repeats tonight. Crazy stuff going on

MMJ @ Red Rocks, Morrison, CO
Fri, August 3

ROLLIN BACK
THE WAY THAT HE SINGS
HEARTBREAKIN' MAN
THE DARK
LOWDOWN
OUTTA MY SYSTEM
HOLDIN ON TO BLACK METAL
FIRST LIGHT
WAR BEGUN
I WILL SING YOU SONGS
WONDERFUL (THE WAY I FEEL)
LIBRARIAN
ROCKET MAN (ELTON JOHN)
TONIGHT I WANT TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU
WORDLESS CHORUS
EVIL URGES
TYRONE (ERYKAH BADU)
MASTER PLAN
WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN
EASY MORNIN' REBEL
IT'S ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW
NEVER TEAR US APART (INXS)
ANYTIME
-----
BUTCH CASSIDY
VICTORY DANCE
OFF THE RECORD
COBRA
ROCK THE CASBAH (THE CLASH)
GIDEON


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Omicron pussy I ate
Gender: Male
deep wrote:
Red rocks night 1 setlist below. They promised no repeats tonight. Crazy stuff going on

MMJ @ Red Rocks, Morrison, CO
Fri, August 3

ROLLIN BACK
THE WAY THAT HE SINGS
HEARTBREAKIN' MAN
THE DARK
LOWDOWN
OUTTA MY SYSTEM
HOLDIN ON TO BLACK METAL
FIRST LIGHT
WAR BEGUN
I WILL SING YOU SONGS
WONDERFUL (THE WAY I FEEL)
LIBRARIAN
ROCKET MAN (ELTON JOHN)
TONIGHT I WANT TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU
WORDLESS CHORUS
EVIL URGES
TYRONE (ERYKAH BADU)
MASTER PLAN
WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN
EASY MORNIN' REBEL
IT'S ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW
NEVER TEAR US APART (INXS)
ANYTIME
-----
BUTCH CASSIDY
VICTORY DANCE
OFF THE RECORD
COBRA
ROCK THE CASBAH (THE CLASH)
GIDEON


:shock:

_________________
Stoplight plays it's part, so I would say you've got a part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:54 am
Posts: 2863
Location: Colorado
Just got back from night 2. Holy fuck. They played for three and a half hours.

_________________
Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
I had a dream last night that a hamburger was eating ME!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:50 am
Posts: 416
Location: West Virginia
Gender: Male
MMJ 8-4-12
RED ROCKS

At Dawn
Circuital
Xmas Curtain
It Beats 4 U
I'm Amazed
Lay Low
Highly Suspicious
The Day Is Coming
They Ran
The Bear
Golden
Honest Man
Steam Engine
Isn't It A Pity (with Ben Bridwell of Band of Horses)
Magheeta
Touch Me Part 2
Moving Away
Dondante
Smokin From Shootin
Run Thru
It Makes No Difference
Phone Went West

Encore:
Bermuda Highway (Jim James solo)
I Will Be There When You Die (Jim James solo)
Where To Begin
Move On Up (with John Oates and Trombone Shorty horns)
Dancefloors (with Trombone Shorty horns)
One Big Holiday

_________________
AUDIO: http://db.etree.org/ritchiem4812 (Updated Frequently)
DVDs: http://db.etree.org/ritchiem4812dvd (Updated 03.12.09)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm
Posts: 10620
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male
If I actually like the Night 2 setlist better, does that make me a communist?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
alot of $$$
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:01 pm
Posts: 25809
Location: FTW!
Gender: Male
i almost flew to denver for night 2 and neil young tonight :(

_________________
CrowdSurge and Ten Club will conduct further investigation into this matter.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:28 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: Hermosa
Kansas City - 8-6-12

dudes are killing it!

Cobra
Black Metal
Evil Urges
The Dark
Off the Record
The Way he Sings
Thank You Too
Strangulation
Circuital
Outta My System
Masterplan
Mahgeetah
War Begun
I Will Sing You Songs
Gideon
One Big Holiday
---
Victory Dance
The Day Is Coming
Touch Me Part 1
Touch Me Part 2


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 15767
Location: Vail, CO
Gender: Male
given2trade wrote:
i almost flew to denver for night 2 and neil young tonight :(



This may have been the best weekend of my life. both MMJ shows and Neil. Unreal. Great sets.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
deep wrote:
Kansas City - 8-6-12

dudes are killing it!

Cobra
Black Metal
Evil Urges
The Dark
Off the Record
The Way he Sings
Thank You Too
Strangulation
Circuital
Outta My System
Masterplan
Mahgeetah
War Begun
I Will Sing You Songs
Gideon
One Big Holiday
---
Victory Dance
The Day Is Coming
Touch Me Part 1
Touch Me Part 2


What a great show. Glad I made the trip.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
alot of $$$
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:01 pm
Posts: 25809
Location: FTW!
Gender: Male
62strat wrote:
given2trade wrote:
i almost flew to denver for night 2 and neil young tonight :(



This may have been the best weekend of my life. both MMJ shows and Neil. Unreal. Great sets.


:(

_________________
CrowdSurge and Ten Club will conduct further investigation into this matter.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 15767
Location: Vail, CO
Gender: Male
given2trade wrote:
62strat wrote:
given2trade wrote:
i almost flew to denver for night 2 and neil young tonight :(



This may have been the best weekend of my life. both MMJ shows and Neil. Unreal. Great sets.


:(



Just think - we could have put PJ behind us and triumphantly celebrated the amazing trifecta of these shows!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:49 am