Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2834 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 142  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:01 am
Posts: 19477
Location: Brooklyn NY
I dig the reverb :luv:

_________________
LittleWing sometime in July 2007 wrote:
Unfortunately, it's so elementary, and the big time investors behind the drive in the stock market aren't so stupid. This isn't the false economy of 2000.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:48 am
Posts: 2612
Woot Woot!


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:24 am
Posts: 37009
Location: In Missouri, they would (will) not let me be
Gender: Female
My Morning Jacket are cool for sure.

_________________
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
Nothin' ain't worth nothin', but it's free


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:01 am
Posts: 19477
Location: Brooklyn NY
Are they releasing a new album this year?

_________________
LittleWing sometime in July 2007 wrote:
Unfortunately, it's so elementary, and the big time investors behind the drive in the stock market aren't so stupid. This isn't the false economy of 2000.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:24 am
Posts: 37009
Location: In Missouri, they would (will) not let me be
Gender: Female
I haven't heard about a new album yet, but if you check out their website you can download their bonnaroo set. Just an FYI in case you didn't know.

_________________
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
Nothin' ain't worth nothin', but it's free


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:33 am
Posts: 17101
glorified_version wrote:
I dig the reverb :luv:


The production on It Still Moves makes me feel all funny in my bathing suit area.

j.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Force of Nature
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:01 pm
Posts: 492
Location: Utrecht, Holland
zeb wrote:
glorified_version wrote:
I dig the reverb :luv:


The production on It Still Moves makes me feel all funny in my bathing suit area.

j.

You have a swimming pool!?

And Yes: MMJ is a great band.

_________________
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"
--- Tom Waits


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:15 pm
Posts: 25452
Location: Under my wing like Sanford & Son
Gender: Male
I really want to see them live; I've heard their show is among the best.

Does anyone know of any good MMJ bootlegs?

_________________
Now that god no longer exists, the desire for another world still remains.

Always do the right thing.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:48 am
Posts: 2612
OrpheusDescending wrote:
I really want to see them live; I've heard their show is among the best.

Does anyone know of any good MMJ bootlegs?


Their live show is much diffrent than their albums. Most of the reverb is pulled back and the guitars are much more "crunchier". The above mentoned bootleg from Bonaroo is worth a listen if you want to hear their live sound.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Tramp
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 2827
Gender: Female
glorified_version wrote:
Are they releasing a new album this year?


I saw my sister over the weekend and she said she ran into Patrick ( the drummer) and that he told her the band was getting ready to head up to New York to record. So, when I hear more I'll let you know.

_________________
It's the art of feeling naked in your clothes.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:23 am 
Offline
Force of Nature
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:19 am
Posts: 335
Location: WI
yieldgirl wrote:
glorified_version wrote:
Are they releasing a new album this year?


I saw my sister over the weekend and she said she ran into Patrick ( the drummer) and that he told her the band was getting ready to head up to New York to record. So, when I hear more I'll let you know.


that's great news, i've been dying to hear some new mmj material.


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:43 am
Posts: 10694
I'm still partial to Tennessee Fire


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:16 pm
Posts: 13050
Location: Keyboard warrior HQ.
im your My Morning Jacket bitch. tell me which songs to check out!

_________________
Dev wrote:
lol I got the new one cause I wanted to stay relevant


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:47 pm
Posts: 4872
I recently bought "It Still Moves" and to be quite honest, I haven't been able to put it down...great band, great lyrics, great sound...I'm seeing them open for Wilco in a few weeks, I can't wait.

_________________
wouldyouof...


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:56 pm
Posts: 13274
Location: PA
Date
Venue
City
10.6
The Roxy
Atlanta, GA
10.7
Blue Cats
Knoxville, TN
10.8
City Hall
Nashville, TN
10.10
9:30 CLUB
Washington, D.C.
10.11
Chameleon
Lancaster, PA
10.12 & 10.14
Theater of Living Arts
Philadelphia, PA
10.15
Avalon
Boston, MA
10.16
State Theater
Portland, ME
10.18
Webster Hall
New York, NY
10.19
Guvernment
Toronto, ONT
10.20
House of Blues
Cleveland, OH
10.22
Vic Theater
Chicago, IL
10.23
Vogue
Indianapolis, IN
10.25
St. Andrew's
Detroit, MI
10.26
Bogart's
Cincinnati, OH
10.28
The Annex
Salt Lake City, UT
10.29
Quest
Madison, WI
10.31
Fox Theatre
Minneapolis, MN
11.1
In the Venue
Boulder, CO
11.3
Commodore
Vancouver, BC
11.4
Showbox
Seattle, WA
11.5
Aladdin Theater
Portland, OR
11.8
House of Blues
San Diego, CA
11.10
Fonda Theater
Los Angeles, CA
11.11 & 11.12
The Fillmore
San Francisco, CA

_________________
Walking tightrope high over moral ground


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:20 pm
Posts: 3334
1/2faithfull wrote:
Date
Venue
City
10.6
The Roxy
Atlanta, GA
10.7
Blue Cats
Knoxville, TN
10.8
City Hall
Nashville, TN
10.10
9:30 CLUB
Washington, D.C.
10.11
Chameleon
Lancaster, PA
10.12 & 10.14
Theater of Living Arts
Philadelphia, PA
10.15
Avalon
Boston, MA
10.16
State Theater
Portland, ME
10.18
Webster Hall
New York, NY
10.19
Guvernment
Toronto, ONT
10.20
House of Blues
Cleveland, OH
10.22
Vic Theater
Chicago, IL
10.23
Vogue
Indianapolis, IN
10.25
St. Andrew's
Detroit, MI
10.26
Bogart's
Cincinnati, OH
10.28
The Annex
Salt Lake City, UT
10.29
Quest
Madison, WI
10.31
Fox Theatre
Minneapolis, MN
11.1
In the Venue
Boulder, CO
11.3
Commodore
Vancouver, BC
11.4
Showbox
Seattle, WA
11.5
Aladdin Theater
Portland, OR
11.8
House of Blues
San Diego, CA
11.10
Fonda Theater
Los Angeles, CA
11.11 & 11.12
The Fillmore
San Francisco, CA


boston ma, portland me, woo hoo!!


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:47 pm
Posts: 4872
I'll be at the Philly show on the 14th

_________________
wouldyouof...


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:56 pm
Posts: 13274
Location: PA
Clark Griswold wrote:
I'll be at the Philly show on the 14th

_________________
Walking tightrope high over moral ground


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:47 pm
Posts: 4872
1/2faithfull wrote:
Clark Griswold wrote:
I'll be at the Philly show on the 14th


The planets will align that night.

_________________
wouldyouof...


Top
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
they're coming somewhat close to me

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2834 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 142  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:31 pm