Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post subject: Re: conor oberst
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:33 am 
Interweb Celebrity

Something about this guy's voice just rubs my ears the wrong way.

We gotta watch our backs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:40 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

The girl sitting behind me last night was ready to punch me in the face. Her friend had to restrain her. She was being the obnoxious and loud singer at the quiet show and I told her to shut the fuck up on more than one occasion.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:39 pm 
Supersonic

You just went from tier 3 RMer to tier 1 RMer in a single post.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:44 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Thanks brah, I think.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:08 pm 
Supersonic

I've of two minds on this kind of thing. On the one hand, I LOVE singing out loud at concerts. On the other hand, I don't like shitting on others' experiences. I let the show dictate. If it's a quite, intimate show where not a lot of others are singing along, I'll just mouth the words, or sing in a near whisper.

If everyone else is into it though, I'll sing out loud.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:20 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

durdencommatyler wrote:
I've of two minds on this kind of thing. On the one hand, I LOVE singing out loud at concerts. On the other hand, I don't like shitting on others' experiences. I let the show dictate. If it's a quite, intimate show where not a lot of others are singing along, I'll just mouth the words, or sing in a near whisper.

Absolutely. Lots of people were singing along, quietly to themselves. It was a quiet show, so singing loudly meant no one around you could pay attention to the actual performance. I wasn't the only one telling this girl to shut up. There were at least two other people in our section that said something to her throughout the show.

Also, since he was performing stripped down versions of his songs, they were arranged slightly differently. Which means she was singing loudly, in an awful voice, and completely out of time with the performance!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:23 pm 
Supersonic

cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Absolutely. Lots of people were singing along, quietly to themselves. It was a quiet show, so singing loudly meant no one around you could pay attention to the actual performance. I wasn't the only one telling this girl to shut up. There were at least two other people in our section that said something to her throughout the show.

Also, since he was performing stripped down versions of his songs, they were arranged slightly differently. Which means she was singing loudly, in an awful voice, and completely out of time with the performance!

Gross.

You did the right thing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm 
Supersonic

But that's a New York audience for you. I just wish people around here weren't so fucking self-entitled. Just understand that you're not the only one trying to have a good time and enjoy the show, ya know.

New Yorkers just act like there's no one else around them. Ever. They think the world exists for them and only them. It's obnoxious.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:34 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

durdencommatyler wrote:
But that's a New York audience for you. I just wish people around here weren't so fucking self-entitled. Just understand that you're not the only one trying to have a good time and enjoy the show, ya know.

New Yorkers just act like there's no one else around them. Ever. They think the world exists for them and only them. It's obnoxious.

You've got it wrong. The New York audience at Carnegie Hall was fantastic. I saw him again in Boston Thursday night and that's where this happened.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:38 pm 
Supersonic

cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

You've got it wrong. The New York audience at Carnegie Hall was fantastic. I saw him again in Boston Thursday night and that's where this happened.

Oh. Is that usual in Boston?

I'm glad you had a great experience in NYC. I've never been to Carnegie Hall, but my experience everywhere else (except BAM and the Beacon) has been pretty bothersome. Glad you didn't find that to be the case.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:41 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Oh. Is that usual in Boston?

I'm glad you had a great experience in NYC. I've never been to Carnegie Hall, but my experience everywhere else (except BAM and the Beacon) has been pretty bothersome. Glad you didn't find that to be the case.

Boston is 50/50 on the crowd. The Eddie Vedder solo show I saw at the Wang had similar obnoxious singers. But it should be noted that this girl was the only one I noticed being this bad at the Oberst show.

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands