Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official BLACK CROWES Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:24 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

MattA751 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
meatwad wrote:
Yeah the growth and change from Shake Your Money Maker to the next two albums is unprecedented. It's like a totally different band really.

I think considering the wide range of material they had already, but had not released (I think non fiction, for example, was a very old song.) they could have simply been holding something back, but its just a theory, I definitely remember SHMC being almost a very last minute, quickly developed record, but the quality of material that came together so fast (or maybe not) is quite impressive.

most of the songs for SHMC were developed on the road, but not until well after they had become established thanks to SYMM

matt's right. I think they did the recording in like a weekend or something but the songs weren't thrown together that quick and probably evolved quite a bit on the road. Unless they were just straight up on fire in regards to writing which they were regardless of how long it took to write those tracks. Will always be one of my favorite records.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:32 am 
Got Some

Veddar10 wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
meatwad wrote:
Yeah the growth and change from Shake Your Money Maker to the next two albums is unprecedented. It's like a totally different band really.

I think considering the wide range of material they had already, but had not released (I think non fiction, for example, was a very old song.) they could have simply been holding something back, but its just a theory, I definitely remember SHMC being almost a very last minute, quickly developed record, but the quality of material that came together so fast (or maybe not) is quite impressive.

most of the songs for SHMC were developed on the road, but not until well after they had become established thanks to SYMM

matt's right. I think they did the recording in like a weekend or something but the songs weren't thrown together that quick and probably evolved quite a bit on the road. Unless they were just straight up on fire in regards to writing which they were regardless of how long it took to write those tracks. Will always be one of my favorite records.

as always, great info here:
http://www.crowesbase.com/sessionlistin ... essionID=3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:42 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Just watched all the webisodes with Chris...

Fuck im gonna miss the crowes.

on that note here is the 1.5 acoustic/1.5 electric set from Denver a month ago. the best crowes show in recent memory.

Amazing versions of seeing things...well damn near everything.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r2p1dl

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cs25yi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I just got the Warpaint Live Vinyl in the mail tonight finally. It took me 30 minutes to get past Josephine because I kept starting that shit over at the second verse (that shit kills me). Decent buy sound is decent enough that I would grab it if you're into vinyl.

On another note STILL....NO FUCKING CURSED DIAMOND. Maybe they are saving it for Atlanta but if not like I said before I'm gonna beat the shit out of chris robinson after night 2.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:41 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Veddar10 wrote:
I just got the Warpaint Live Vinyl in the mail tonight finally. It took me 30 minutes to get past Josephine because I kept starting that shit over at the second verse (that shit kills me). Decent buy sound is decent enough that I would grab it if you're into vinyl.

On another note STILL....NO FUCKING CURSED DIAMOND. Maybe they are saving it for Atlanta but if not like I said before I'm gonna beat the shit out of chris robinson after night 2.

No there ain't no other
Its not a matter of trust
it's just that...sometimes love aint enough...

That verse has gotten me through...welll shit...every fucking thing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:03 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other
it's just that...sometimes love aint enough... love aint enough

I knew I wasn't the only one.

don't forget about the bridge though.

for a while I was dealing in tears and powder
and for a spell I was strung out beyond my means
well I lost at love while climbing down the ladder
just searching for a song to set me free

god it such a great song

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 am 
Former PJ Drummer

Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other

god it such a great song

I feel this way about the entire album. Lyrically it just hit home and took a hold of me big time. MattA does not enjoy this record but to me this record is all about taking the shit thats thrown at you...and turning it into something good. Learning from lifes harsh lessons and enjoying the ride in the moment.

Very important.

sometimes the road is rocky and hard...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:49 am 
Got Some

62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other

god it such a great song

I feel this way about the entire album. Lyrically it just hit home and took a hold of me big time. MattA does not enjoy this record but to me this record is all about taking the shit thats thrown at you...and turning it into something good. Learning from lifes harsh lessons and enjoying the ride in the moment.

Very important.

sometimes the road is rocky and hard,

Whoa whoa whoa...I said the last 1/4 of the album blows...and I've done nothing but jones for Josephine live in this thread in post after post...it's a top 5 Crowes song for me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:57 am 
Former PJ Drummer

MattA751 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other

god it such a great song

Very important.

Whoa whoa whoa...I said the last 1/4 of the album blows...and I've done nothing but jones for Josephine live in this thread in post after post...it's a top 5 Crowes song for me

haha, i know. was just poking at ya in fun. You are the biggest lover and hater of the crowes. good fan...

Seriously watching the webisodes with chris was....so cool. Im really gonna miss them. Its like setting a love free that you hope will return and its all for the best....

The shows i saw this tour were really...really..something amazing. Actually every show since luther joined...this whole period the band has connected with the audience moreso than i've ever seen them do in the past. of course i hadn't seen them untill like 2000 so...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:55 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

62strat wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other

god it such a great song

Very important.

haha, i know. was just poking at ya in fun. You are the biggest lover and hater of the crowes. good fan,

Seriously watching the webisodes with chris was....so cool. Im really gonna miss them. Its like setting a love free that you hope will return and its all for the best....

The shows i saw this tour were really...really..something amazing. Actually every show since luther joined,this whole period the band has connected with the audience moreso than i've ever seen them do in the past. of course i hadn't seen them untill like 2000 so...

the webisodes were awesome. Iit makes me wish I could hang out with Chris Robinson and just pass a joint around and listen to him ramble.

I'm hoping this hiatus is only like 2 years max. They will miss it. I've loved this tour too but I hate that they haven't added any shows at liveblackcrowes.com recently. I got the two in Atlanta left on my schedule. What do you guys think is the chance of them finally playing Cursed Diamond at one of those shows? I don't want to have to beat the shit out of Chris Robinson.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:46 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other
it's just that...sometimes love aint enough...

I meant to add this last night but I pretty much used this verse ( not word for word I drew it out a bit) when I broke up with my last girlfriend.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:36 pm 
Got Some

Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other

god it such a great song

Very important.

haha, i know. was just poking at ya in fun. You are the biggest lover and hater of the crowes. good fan,

The shows i saw this tour were really...really..something amazing. Actually every show since luther joined,this whole period the band has connected with the audience moreso than i've ever seen them do in the past. of course i hadn't seen them untill like 2000 so...

the webisodes were awesome. Iit makes me wish I could hang out with Chris Robinson and just pass a joint around and listen to him ramble.

I'm hoping this hiatus is only like 2 years max. They will miss it. I've loved this tour too but I hate that they haven't added any shows at liveblackcrowes.com recently. I got the two in Atlanta left on my schedule. What do you guys think is the chance of them finally playing Cursed Diamond at one of those shows? I don't want to have to beat the shit out of Chris Robinson.

according to the guy who does the Gorman podcast, he's going to ask about Cursed Diamond on the next podcast...I specifically asked him to ask that for you

I guess all the shows from the first half of September have errors or glitches on them so they aren't being released right now

My guess is 3-4 years for this hiatus...though when Chris says that the "band members having kids is just the excuse they're using" or something along those lines I really start to wonder...I think he almost needs to go out and be reminded that he was playing to 50 people a night in most markets as a solo act

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

MattA751 wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other

god it such a great song

Very important.

according to the guy who does the Gorman podcast, he's going to ask about Cursed Diamond on the next podcast...I specifically asked him to ask that for you

I guess all the shows from the first half of September have errors or glitches on them so they aren't being released right now

My guess is 3-4 years for this hiatus...though when Chris says that the "band members having kids is just the excuse they're using" or something along those lines I really start to wonder...I think he almost needs to go out and be reminded that he was playing to 50 people a night in most markets as a solo act

I hope you're not just fucking with me because I've spent a lot of money on this tour and I just wanna hear it once. Not like they are obligated to satisfy me by playing that song for me alone but it would make the tour for me at this point. I've already gotten to hear alot of great songs this tour so I hate to whine about it but I'm not the only one who is dying to hear that song and they are pretty far into the tour for it not to make a single appearance so far. Its one of their best songs so really what the fuck? Some shows from the first half of september do have glitches and I know there have been complaints. The last show they released was the raleigh 9/17 show. I understand if they are holding them back to refine the quality I just hope they get released on liveblackcrowes sometime soon. There are a couple performances of certain songs I'm dying to hear again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:45 pm 
Got Some

Veddar10 wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other

god it such a great song

Very important.

I hope you're not just fucking with me because I've spent a lot of money on this tour and I just wanna hear it once. Not like they are obligated to satisfy me by playing that song for me alone but it would make the tour for me at this point. I've already gotten to hear alot of great songs this tour so I hate to whine about it but I'm not the only one who is dying to hear that song and they are pretty far into the tour for it not to make a single appearance so far. Its one of their best songs so really what the fuck? Some shows from the first half of september do have glitches and I know there have been complaints. The last show they released was the raleigh 9/17 show. I understand if they are holding them back to refine the quality I just hope they get released on liveblackcrowes sometime soon. There are a couple performances of certain songs I'm dying to hear again.

not fucking with you at all
http://www.crowesbase.net/showthread.ph ... ge=3&pp=10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:28 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

MattA751 wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
62strat wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:

No there ain't no other

god it such a great song

Very important.

not fucking with you at all
http://www.crowesbase.net/showthread.ph ... ge=3&pp=10

for some reason I can't log onto the crowebase. I emailed them twice about it with no response but what can I do? Oh well, they may never play that song again except San Fran when I can't be there

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 pm 
Got Some

09-28-2010, 04:19 PM #29
MattA75
amorican

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch, can you ask Steve why Cursed Diamond (of all songs) hasn't shown up yet? Just seems weird that that song is getting ignored

MattA75
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MattA75
Send email to MattA75
Find More Posts by MattA75
Add MattA75 to Your Buddy List

09-29-2010, 10:15 AM #30
MEB
amorican

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt - I'll ask SG about Cursed Diamond and let you know what he says.

In the meantime, there's a new podcast available for you all to enjoy. You'll be happy to hear that we kick things off this week by discussing Ian McLagan and sit-in etiquette.

http://stevegormansports.com/sgs-episode-20-austin/

Thanks for listening!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:42 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

P.S all my love

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:33 pm 
Got Some

Yesterday afternoon I was kickiing myself for not buying tickets to last nights show. After seeing this setlist I'm pretty happy I didn't spend the $$. Only 100 minutes to boot.

GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
SEEING THINGS
MY MORNING SONG
OH SWEET NUTHIN
FORK IN THE RIVER
DARLING OF THE UNDERGROUND PRESS
WISER TIME
SHE TALKS TO ANGELS
HARD TO HANDLE
JEALOUS AGAIN
THORN IN MY PRIDE
- encore -
SPACE CAPTAIN
THICK N THIN

S H O W . L E N G T H
100 minutes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:28 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  YIM  Profile

pjam81373 wrote:
Yesterday afternoon I was kickiing myself for not buying tickets to last nights show. After seeing this setlist I'm pretty happy I didn't spend the $$. Only 100 minutes to boot.

GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
SEEING THINGS
MY MORNING SONG
OH SWEET NUTHIN
FORK IN THE RIVER
DARLING OF THE UNDERGROUND PRESS
WISER TIME
SHE TALKS TO ANGELS
HARD TO HANDLE
JEALOUS AGAIN
THORN IN MY PRIDE
- encore -
SPACE CAPTAIN
THICK N THIN

S H O W . L E N G T H
100 minutes

Yeah that's pretty bunk.

I sent men to their doom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:27 pm 
Got Some

4 two set shows in a row followed by an electric only show at a sold out venue where the band always brings the house down

If things don't get interesting this week, I really truly wonder if they ever will outside of NYC and San Fran for this tour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands