Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official BLACK CROWES Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:42 am 
Former PJ Drummer

oh you guys.

Enjoy the shows gentleman, they are on fire.

Also, the version of Girl from a pawnshop on Croweology is OWNING me right now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:10 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

62strat wrote:
P.S all my love

you shut your mouth. This song may do what Josephine only better

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:00 am 
Former PJ Drummer

:heartbeat:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:53 pm 
Got Some

Hey Veddar10, haven't listened yet but your answer appears to be inside

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's that special time again! SGS! #21 is now available. (And, Matt, I did ask him about 'Cursed Diamond'.)

http://stevegormansports.com/sgs-ep...-new-york-city/

Steve, Brandon and Mitch are back with their biggest episode ever! Things kick off with the guys taking a highly revealing personality quiz. Then they move on down the line to cover Brett Favre and the NFL, Sister Wives and polygamy, MLB playoff action, Weezer’s arch-enemy and much more. Naturally things wrap up with “What’s Wrong…With Steve?” and recommendations.

Thanks as always for listening.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:24 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  YIM  Profile

MattA751 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's that special time again! SGS! #21 is now available. (And, Matt, I did ask him about 'Cursed Diamond'.)

Steve, Brandon and Mitch are back with their biggest episode ever! Things kick off with the guys taking a highly revealing personality quiz. Then they move on down the line to cover Brett Favre and the NFL, Sister Wives and polygamy, MLB playoff action, Weezer’s arch-enemy and much more. Naturally things wrap up with “What’s Wrong…With Steve?” and recommendations.

Steve Gorman wrote:
Very simple answer. I hate that song. Anything else?

I'm kidding! I don't know, that's a good question! Maybe we'll throw it in tomorrow night, cuz I haven't even thought about it. I love that song actually.

I sent men to their doom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:27 pm 
Got Some

meatwad wrote:
MattA751 wrote:

Steve Gorman wrote:

I'm kidding! I don't know, that's a good question! Maybe we'll throw it in tomorrow night, cuz I haven't even thought about it. I love that song actually.

I'll laugh like hell if they play it in Boston on Fri night and it's the only playing of the tour

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:48 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

MattA751 wrote:
meatwad wrote:
MattA751 wrote:

Steve Gorman wrote:

I'll laugh like hell if they play it in Boston on Fri night and it's the only playing of the tour

that would be pretty gay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:31 am 
Got Some

Veddar10 wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
meatwad wrote:
MattA751 wrote:

Steve Gorman wrote:

that would be pretty gay

honestly, I could take or leave Cursed Diamond for Friday night...I just like busting your balls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:51 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Anyone looking for a ticket to philly, 10/29? Let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

RedMosquitoTC wrote:
Anyone looking for a ticket to philly, 10/29? Let me know.

you get your ass to that show and stop being a pussy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:29 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I'm taking my niece who loves John Mayer to night two at the tabernacle. She's 15 and is just now being introduced to the black crowes by myself of course. I told her she can't grow up in Atlanta and not be a crowes fan. Its just wrong. This is her first true rock show in my opinion and I'm giving her bail money to carry in case I have to beat the shit out of Chris Robinson after the show for not playing cursed diamond so she can get me out of jail. Maybe someone should tell Gorman on the next interview that theres a fan threatening to beat CR's ass if that song doesn't get played there, he should think its kinda funny.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:46 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

as I am type this I am listening to cursed diamond on the brothers of a feather dvd and if they don't start playing this tune now CR deserves an ass beating and I think anyone here who is gonna be at that night 2 show in atlanta should join in on this because its just fucked up. almost as fucked as I am right now typing it but i worked a 15 hour day today so I'm mega stoned and I've earned a right to be in that state of mind. Its maybe their best song and it hasn't been played once and when played in acoustic it is an unbelievable thing to witness.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:40 am 
Force of Nature

Well, still no Cursed Diamond,but got Girl from a Pawnshop, Josephine, a killer Ballard in Urgency. Tomorrow night should be good.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:40 am 
Got Some

THIS IS NO ILLUSION
THIS IS AN EXIT

FUCK YEAH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:53 pm 
Got Some

Some notes from last night:

Whole band is just on fire, with one exception, noted below

Setlist was almost perfect...Wee Who See the Deep does NOT work acoustically...they gave it a good shot, but the muddy, swampy sound it needs doesn't work on acoustic guitars...

Thorn in My Pride acoustic, very similar to the Croweology version, is EXACTLY what that song needed in a live setting...it felt so refreshing to NOT have that take up 25 minutes...no 10 minute intro jam, no drum solo in the middle, just a perfect song with a fucking badass jam in the solo section that FIT the song and built to an unbelievable climax

Torn and Frayed, the ONE cover I've always wanted, was great

Chris reamed the talkers in the audience after the band had started My Heart's Killing Me, only to have to stop it and restart ("it's really fucked up when you guys are talking so much we can't even hear ourselves up here")

Pawnshop...that just makes me :luv:

Exit to open the electric set...my fucking god how did that song never make an album? B E A S T, one I never thought I'd ever be lucky enough to witness live

P25 London, what I call the red headed stepchild of Amorica, and with good reason too...and fucking A it kicked ass last night

Ballad was great, but I'm sorry, Adam's solo on Wiser was just painful at times...it was the weirdest solo I've ever seen, because he'd have times where it sounded pretty good, and then times where it was just like he was plunking keys with no rhyme or reason

Josephine was great, even if Rich struggled a bit with the melody (not sure if his guitar was just cutting out, or if he was just having an off night with the song)...the coda at the end, fucking A I'll never be able to listen to that fade out on the album version ever again...Luther fucking Dickinson holy shit

Definitely picked the right night to go...can't believe this band is going away for a long time...they are too good right now, Luther has found his place, and while I still think he can't touch MFF on Morning Song, he otherwise is right there with him everywhere else right now

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:54 pm 
Force of Nature

MattA751 wrote:
THIS IS NO ILLUSION
THIS IS AN EXIT

FUCK YEAH

Plus, this. I'm so glad I got tickets to both nights.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:59 pm 
Force of Nature

MattA751 wrote:
Some notes from last night:

Whole band is just on fire, with one exception, noted below

Setlist was almost perfect...Wee Who See the Deep does NOT work acoustically...they gave it a good shot, but the muddy, swampy sound it needs doesn't work on acoustic guitars...

Thorn in My Pride acoustic, very similar to the Croweology version, is EXACTLY what that song needed in a live setting...it felt so refreshing to NOT have that take up 25 minutes...no 10 minute intro jam, no drum solo in the middle, just a perfect song with a fucking badass jam in the solo section that FIT the song and built to an unbelievable climax

Torn and Frayed, the ONE cover I've always wanted, was great

Chris reamed the talkers in the audience after the band had started My Heart's Killing Me, only to have to stop it and restart ("it's really fucked up when you guys are talking so much we can't even hear ourselves up here")

Pawnshop...that just makes me :luv:

Exit to open the electric set...my fucking god how did that song never make an album? B E A S T, one I never thought I'd ever be lucky enough to witness live

P25 London, what I call the red headed stepchild of Amorica, and with good reason too...and fucking A it kicked ass last night

Ballad was great, but I'm sorry, Adam's solo on Wiser was just painful at times...it was the weirdest solo I've ever seen, because he'd have times where it sounded pretty good, and then times where it was just like he was plunking keys with no rhyme or reason

Josephine was great, even if Rich struggled a bit with the melody (not sure if his guitar was just cutting out, or if he was just having an off night with the song)...the coda at the end, fucking A I'll never be able to listen to that fade out on the album version ever again...Luther fucking Dickinson holy shit

Definitely picked the right night to go...can't believe this band is going away for a long time...they are too good right now, Luther has found his place, and while I still think he can't touch MFF on Morning Song, he otherwise is right there with him everywhere else right now

Totally agree with everything you wrote, esp. the bolded part. I was in another place with Ballad and love Wiser Time, but actually found myself shuffling off to the bathroom during Adam's solo. Totally lost me for a few minutes. Otherwise, awesome show and am glad I bought myself a ticket as originally I was only going tonight with the wife.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:05 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

well a guitar player gets restless

they own torn and frayed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:15 pm 
Got Some

yeah, after seeing last night's setlist, I'm REALLY fucking glad I went Friday and not Saturday

fucking YEESH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:17 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands