Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post subject: This Holy House - Free full album stream!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:00 pm 
Banned from the Pit
 YIM  Profile

http://thisholyhouse.bandcamp.com/

This Holy House, if you want to define by genre, they would fall somewhere under indie rock, americana, indie folk/rock, or an alternative southern rock. If you want to give any band comparisons (I hate doing this), I'd say they sound a lot like some kind of hot, smoldering orgy of a one night stand between My Morning Jacket, Band of Horses, Wilco, and Mumford & Sons (). The singer, Elliott Cotten, draws his song writing influences heavily from the Avett Brothers. Elliott, and the rest of the two members, David & James Velek (brothers) are all from Conway, Arkansas. AKA, middle of nowhere (believe me, I live here, too). I'd like to think you'd never, ever ever ever expect to hear something like this from the middle of Arkansas of all places. We're hoping to move to Nashville when we can save enough money. First it was a touring van, then it was this album, now it's Nashville.

The entire album is available for stream, completely free. And you can download the album for a small price if you'd like to put it on your iTunes or iPhone whateva .

I know what it's like to post 'my friends band' on here, but I urge you to really take a chance and click on that link and if anything, I'm looking for feedback. I'd love for you to download the album (of course)..

but, I just want feedback.

I'm willing to stake my entire reputation on this recording. It's taken over a year and a half to raise enough money from shows to finally get a studio recording going, so now we want to share it with the whole world.

If you can't find the time to listen to the whole album, IF I had to give a few "highlights" (the album is written as a whole, consecutive effort that tells a story), I'd have to say the highlights are (in rough order):

"Hold On to Me"
"Put Your Arm Around My Shoulder"
"I Will Follow You"

and personally for a rocker, I suggest Three Pieces

But, if you have the time for a 12 minute epic, if that's your kind of thing (think Explosions in the Sky's Birth & Death of Day or a great live version of About Today from The National), check out the last song on the album, In Death. I personally think that's the peak and it's always the set closer live...but that's me anyways

Please post some feedback if you can! Thanks for your time!!

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands