Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:56 am
Offline
User avatar
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:19 pm
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Gender: Male
I've only watched Disarm, but it was pretty good.

_________________
"Though some may think there should be a separation between art/music and politics, it should be reinforced that art can be a form of nonviolent protest." - e.v.

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:15 pm
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am
great stuff...Starla is one of my favorites SP songs, and the acoustic performance is very good.

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:26 am
Offline
User avatar
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:41 pm
Gender: Male
Nice reminder of how insanely talented that dude is.

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:00 am
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:33 am
Is he going to do every song?

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:16 am
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:14 pm
what exactly is billy doing here?

_________________
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:47 am
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:16 pm
Location: Keyboard warrior HQ.
Holy shit Starla.

_________________
Dev wrote:
lol I got the new one cause I wanted to stay relevant

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:50 pm

J's Brain wrote:
Nice reminder of how insanely talented that dude is.

amazing songwriter.

Soma. wrote:
Holy shit Starla.

if you look at the b sides from that era ...all of them are great, Starla being the best, and one of the best songs from their catalog.

in other news, James Iha is making a video for his new solo album...

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:27 pm
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:33 am
Soma. wrote:
Holy shit Starla.

+1

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 am
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am
zeb wrote:
Soma. wrote:
Holy shit Starla.

+1

the version from the dvd they released some years ago is a monster.

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 am
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Gender: Male
so good.

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:02 pm

DeLima wrote:
what exactly is billy doing here?

zeb wrote:
Is he going to do every song?

I don't believe answers to either of these questions exist.

_________________
"Though some may think there should be a separation between art/music and politics, it should be reinforced that art can be a form of nonviolent protest." - e.v.

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am
all his ranting in that press conference about music...boring.
just release the record....

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:00 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
all his ranting in that press conference about music...boring.
just release the record....

It's the fault of the Recording Industrial Complex.

_________________
"Though some may think there should be a separation between art/music and politics, it should be reinforced that art can be a form of nonviolent protest." - e.v.

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:24 pm
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am
he might be looking for that record deal he said wasn´t necessary a few years ago when he wasn´t going to do a new record because that format was dead...

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:06 am
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 pm
I see cool aide pinky.

It's really bothering me.

Does anybody else see it?

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 pm
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:25 am
Location: Maspeth, NY
Gender: Male
So when are the Mellon Collie and Aeroplane Flies High reissues coming? Those are the ones I'm looking forward to.

_________________
Gotta say it now.... better loud than too late.

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:11 pm
Offline
Force of Nature
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:49 am
Not sure on the dates for the future reissues. I think Pisces Iscariot is next on the list. There is a new album, "Oceania", rumored to be released on June 18th or 19th (crestfallen.com).

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:00 pm
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am
Yeah pieces..is next i think in november ..
I hope we get a release date for the
New álbum soon , im pretty exited about it.

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:11 pm
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:12 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Pisces is due out this summer, with MCIS, TAFH and Adore due out most likely in November. MCIS is getting TWO bonus discs!

Speaking of reissues and archival releases, they need to release a SBD of this show:
--------------------------------
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS
January 19, 1997
Riverfront Coliseum
Cincinnati, OH, USA

Set:
1. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (over PA)
2. The Aeroplane Flies High
3. Jellybelly
4. Tonight, Tonight
5. Rhinoceros
6. Here Is No Why
7. Zero
8. Fuck You
9. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans > Rocket (partial)
10. 1979
11. Thirty-three
12. Bullet with Butterfly Wings
13. Muzzle
14. Disarm
15. Thru the Eyes of Ruby

Encore One:
> Jumpin' Jack Flash [The Rolling Stones] (tease)
16. X.Y.U.

Encore Two:
17. Drown/(Hummer)
> The Groover (tease)
> (blues jam)
> Tribute to Johnny (tease)
> Mouths Of Babes (tease)
> God (tease)
> Tristessa (tease)
18. Cherub Rock

Encore Three:
19. Silverfuck > Space Jam/(Star Spangled Banner)
I'm listening to an audience tape of this show right now. It's always been one of my favorites. If you like the Pumpkins and you've never listened to a show from the January / February 1997 tour, which is the very end of the MCIS tour and era, you need to. Right now. For my money, this might be the best live era in the band's history.

_________________
SOUNDGARDEN LIVE GUIDE

Pearl Jam shows:
Champaign 4/23/2003
Chicago 6/18/2003
St. Louis 10/05/2004
Portland 7/20/2006
Gorge 7/22/2006
Ridgefield 9/26/2009
Philadelphia 10/31/2009

Top

 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reissue Gish and Siamese Dream 11/29/11
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:12 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Or perhaps they need to release this too:
----------------------------------
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS
February 02, 1997
Jacksonville Coliseum
Jacksonville, FL, USA

Set:
1. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (over PA)
2. Tonight, Tonight
3. Cherub Rock
4. Where Boys Fear To Tread
5. Rhinoceros
6. Rocket
7. Zero
8. Fuck You
9. Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans
10. (La Dolly Vita)/Thirty-Three
11. Today [acoustic!]
12. Bullet With Butterfly Wings
> Swallowed [Bush] (tease)
13. Muzzle
14. Disarm
15. Thru the Eyes of Ruby

Encore 1:
> Lovefool [The Cardigans] (tease)
16. 1979 (with the Frogs)
> Hello Kitty Kat (tease)
> Obscured (tease)
> Tristessa (tease)
> Slunk (tease)
> Landslide [Nicks] (tease)
> Quiet (tease)
> Mouths of Babes (tease)
> Rotten Apples (tease)
> To Forgive (tease) [the crowd goes apeshit, leading the band to play it)
17. To Forgive
18. X.Y.U.

Encore 2:
19. Drown/(Hummer)
> Star Spangled Banner [Key] (tease)
20. Siva/(Spiders)

Encore 3:
21. The Aeroplane Flies High
22. Silverfuck > Space Jam

This is the longest pre-2000 performance, the craziest setlist of the MCIS era and all that exists is a crappy audience tape that cuts out 15 seconds into Encore 3. Billy made sure they taped every show so I guarantee a tape of this show exists.

_________________
SOUNDGARDEN LIVE GUIDE

Pearl Jam shows:
Champaign 4/23/2003
Chicago 6/18/2003
St. Louis 10/05/2004
Portland 7/20/2006
Gorge 7/22/2006
Ridgefield 9/26/2009
Philadelphia 10/31/2009

Top

Display posts from previous:  Sort by
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 pm