Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Why haven't you listened to it yet? There's a great song where she's sort of singing about getting herself off.

I can't play the file you sent me, and I haven't taken the time to purchase my own copy. Haven't we talked about this?

We'll fix this tonight.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
62strat wrote:
Link me up, foo.

I don't know how to do links.

But chud put a link to a mix he made earlier in the thread. You could start with that. See if anything grabs ya.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Why haven't you listened to it yet? There's a great song where she's sort of singing about getting herself off.

I can't play the file you sent me, and I haven't taken the time to purchase my own copy. Haven't we talked about this?

We'll fix this tonight.

:luv:

You'll never know how much I love you. Never know how much I care.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 15767
Location: Vail, CO
Gender: Male
Im rather upset that you never grabbed onto Paul Westerberg.

Where is this mynabirds link


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
62strat wrote:
Im rather upset that you never grabbed onto Paul Westerberg.

Where is this mynabirds link

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Awesome Mynabirds Mix

by Peter Clarke

01 - Welcome to Daytrotter (9-13-2012 Daytrotter Session)
02 - Karma Debt (9-13-2012 Daytrotter Session)
03 - Disaster (9-1-2010 Daytrotter Session)
04 - Let The Record Go (9-1-2010 Daytrotter Session)
05 - This Will Be Our Year (All I Want is Truth 7")
06 - Lemon Tree (9-1-2010 Daytrotter Session)
07 - Give It Time (9-1-2010 Daytrotter Session)
08 - Body of Work (9-13-2012 Daytrotter Session)
09 - Mightier Than The Sword (Generals LP)
10 - Fallen Doves (Generals 7")
11 - Generals (9-13-2012 Daytrotter Session)
12 - In the Mouths of Wolves (Body of Work 7")
13 - Right Place (What We Lose In The Fire We Gain In The Flood LP)
14 - All I Want is Truth (for Christmas) (All I Want is Truth 7")

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nbl83r

Don't fear, friend. Mr. Westerberg is on deck. It'll happen soon.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 15767
Location: Vail, CO
Gender: Male
download commenced.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 15767
Location: Vail, CO
Gender: Male
In the mouths of Wolves :luv:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Right!?

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 15767
Location: Vail, CO
Gender: Male
Yea, great tune. So far im digging it. We will see how it grabs on to me though... She has a Jenny Lewis thing going on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
If you like it at all - I mean EVEN A LITTLE BIT AT ALL - I highly recommend getting their first album, What We Lose In The Fire We Gain In The Flood.

I can't think of another album I've listened to more times in the past year.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 15767
Location: Vail, CO
Gender: Male
durdencommatyler wrote:
If you like it at all - I mean EVEN A LITTLE BIT AT ALL - I highly recommend getting their first album, What We Lose In The Fire We Gain In The Flood.

I can't think of another album I've listened to more times in the past year.



You know what, guy?

I like YOU... Thus, i will check it out.

Chud on the other hand? not sure about him.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
62strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
If you like it at all - I mean EVEN A LITTLE BIT AT ALL - I highly recommend getting their first album, What We Lose In The Fire We Gain In The Flood.

I can't think of another album I've listened to more times in the past year.



You know what, guy?

I like YOU... Thus, i will check it out.

Chud on the other hand? not sure about him.

Chud gave us all the gift of The Mynabirds.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Hey Joey, set up dropbox so I can send you stuff more easily.

http://db.tt/Fkisd3kM

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Guys, she likes Pearl Jam. Or at least she did as a kid.


_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
I was thinking... remember how she was asking for suggestions for cover songs a while back? I sent her Whistle Down The Wind by Tom Waits and No Way by Pearl Jam. But you know what PJ song they really need to cover? Sunburn.

Wouldn't that be amazing?

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
durdencommatyler wrote:
I was thinking... remember how she was asking for suggestions for cover songs a while back? I sent her Whistle Down The Wind by Tom Waits and No Way by Pearl Jam. But you know what PJ song they really need to cover? Sunburn.

Wouldn't that be amazing?

Oh my god that would be incredible.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
Pete, since you're the closest to her, maybe you should suggest it. She might listen to you.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Hey Joey, set up dropbox so I can send you stuff more easily.

http://db.tt/Fkisd3kM

I'll try to set up dropbox tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes.

Is it pretty easy/self-explanatory? Or should I use today to research how to do it?

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Hey Joey, set up dropbox so I can send you stuff more easily.

http://db.tt/Fkisd3kM

I'll try to set up dropbox tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes.

Is it pretty easy/self-explanatory? Or should I use today to research how to do it?

You can figure this out. Basically you register then install the software. When you set it up you'll set up a folder on your computer that becomes your dropbox folder. Anything you put in there is synced with their servers and can be accessed on any other device you set dropbox up on or their website. But, the key thing is sharing. I can put something in my dropbox folder, share it to you, and once you accept it'll automatically download into your dropbox folder.

Also, make sure you register via the link I posted so we get referral credit. It benefits both of us.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mynabirds
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
:nice:

I'll set this up tomorrow night!

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:25 am