Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1431 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: METALLICA thread (w/ fall 2009 NA tour dates)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:25 am
Posts: 17123
Location: Maspeth, NY
Gender: Male
Image
01. That Was Just Your Life
02. The End Of The Line
03. Broken, Beat & Scarred
04. The Day That Never Comes
05. All Nightmare Long
06. Cyanide
07. The Unforgiven III
08. The Judas Kiss
09. Suicide & Redemption
10. My Apocalypse

Release date is listed on Metallica.com as September 12, 2008 WORLDWIDE.

_________________
Gotta say it now.... better loud than too late.


Last edited by LostDog1079 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:01 pm
Posts: 14261
LostDog1079 wrote:
I hope it's anywhere around the level that they were at from Puppets-Black Album.


:haha:

_________________
bitches I like em brainless
guns I like em stainless steel
I want the fuckin fortune like the wheel


dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:35 pm
Posts: 8770
Location: flap flap flap hey no fair i made my saving throw
:bammer:

_________________
New Age bullshit is just a bunch of homo shit that some rich fuck came up with to scam people. It's exactly the same as scientology and every other religion: fake.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
a saucerful of secrets
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:08 pm
Posts: 15892
Location: a wee green island
Gender: Male
Well, it can't be worse than St. Anger. Can it? I think, at this stage, if they get anywhere close to load, it's as much as we can expect.

_________________
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Man, we were all a bunch of faggots.



You talkin to me?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:29 pm
Posts: 2326
Location: Uruguay
brainofpea wrote:
Well, it can't be worse than St. Anger. Can it? I think, at this stage, if they get anywhere close to load, it's as much as we can expect.


I love Load and Reload... :(

_________________
-let´s look death in the face and say "whatever dude!"-


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:25 am
Posts: 17123
Location: Maspeth, NY
Gender: Male
goncho wrote:
brainofpea wrote:
Well, it can't be worse than St. Anger. Can it? I think, at this stage, if they get anywhere close to load, it's as much as we can expect.


I love Load and Reload... :(

I don't LOVE them, but I dig a lot of it.

_________________
Gotta say it now.... better loud than too late.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:36 am
Posts: 2312
Location: Kitchener & Hamilton Ontario Canada
Gender: Male
I can't wait :arrow:

_________________
Still waiting for Yellow Ledbetter to open a show...
Audio- http://db.etree.org/canucklehead
Video- http://db.etree.org/canucklehead_dvd

8/22/98,9/11/05,8/21/09,9/15/11


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
a saucerful of secrets
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:08 pm
Posts: 15892
Location: a wee green island
Gender: Male
goncho wrote:
brainofpea wrote:
Well, it can't be worse than St. Anger. Can it? I think, at this stage, if they get anywhere close to load, it's as much as we can expect.


I love Load and Reload... :(
They ain't no MOP, that's all.

_________________
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Man, we were all a bunch of faggots.



You talkin to me?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:34 am
Posts: 12029
i really liked load. its what got me into them in the first place. however, it doesn't matter who they have producing and how long they take to make it, if you're old and uninspired there's not much you can do. i don't think they even know what a good album would sound like now, let alone be able to make and perfect one.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm a big fan of every invention post I've read.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:20 pm
Posts: 1001
Location: Long Island, NY
They haven't put out a worthy album in 16 years - I'm still hopeful though. THAT'S how good the first 5 were.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 8422
Location: Berthier-sur-Mer
Gender: Male
this band has been releasing sub-bar stuff since '91 but *holds breath* you don't associate "Rick Rubin" with many shitty albums, right?

_________________
http://jorgefarah.com/2012/03/27/chiendent-the-demented-the-rousing-and-the-sublime/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Spaceman
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:03 am
Posts: 24177
Location: Australia
i got bugs wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:
I hope it's anywhere around the level that they were at from Puppets-Black Album.


:haha:

_________________
Oh, the flowers of indulgence and the weeds of yesteryear,
Like criminals, they have choked the breath of conscience and good cheer.
The sun beat down upon the steps of time to light the way
To ease the pain of idleness and the memory of decay.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
clever girl...
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 7:44 pm
Posts: 10374
Location: • ω •
Gender: Female
Not a fan, but ...AJFA FTW


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
BLOODY FKKN RED TEAM FAN
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:57 pm
Posts: 5610
Location: Still in the D.
I Can't Wait. Rumor has it this album will have similar song structures closer to MOP and Justice....

_________________
EllisEamos wrote:
intelegence



J88Ryan everywhere else.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:34 am
Posts: 12029
J38ryan wrote:
I Can't Wait. Rumor has it this album will have similar song structures closer to MOP and Justice....


they said the same BS before st anger and those 2 new songs they were playing live weren't anything special.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm a big fan of every invention post I've read.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:01 pm
Posts: 14261
this shit will be metllicas 9-11

no wait that was st anger

_________________
bitches I like em brainless
guns I like em stainless steel
I want the fuckin fortune like the wheel


dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
BLOODY FKKN RED TEAM FAN
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:57 pm
Posts: 5610
Location: Still in the D.
i got bugs wrote:
this shit will be metllicas 9-11

no wait that was st anger


Rerecord the drums and throw in some guitar solo's and St. Anger isn't all that bad.

_________________
EllisEamos wrote:
intelegence



J88Ryan everywhere else.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 10690
Location: Lost in Twilight's Blue
J38ryan wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
this shit will be metllicas 9-11

no wait that was st anger


Rerecord the drums and throw in some guitar solo's and St. Anger isn't all that bad.


What about those lyrics? Awful.

Who knows, maybe they'll put something decent out, but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

_________________
Scared to say what is your passion,
So slag it all,
Bitter's in fashion,
Fear of failure's all you've started,
The jury is in, verdict:
Retarded

Winner of the 2008 STP Song Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
BLOODY FKKN RED TEAM FAN
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:57 pm
Posts: 5610
Location: Still in the D.
Mercury wrote:
J38ryan wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
this shit will be metllicas 9-11

no wait that was st anger


Rerecord the drums and throw in some guitar solo's and St. Anger isn't all that bad.


What about those lyrics? Awful.

Who knows, maybe they'll put something decent out, but I wouldn't hold my breath either.



You got a point, but a few of the songs are pretty good. I really would love for James to fall off the wagon and get pissed at the world again.

_________________
EllisEamos wrote:
intelegence



J88Ryan everywhere else.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Metallica - New Album 2008 (release date TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 10690
Location: Lost in Twilight's Blue
J38ryan wrote:
Mercury wrote:
J38ryan wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
this shit will be metllicas 9-11

no wait that was st anger


Rerecord the drums and throw in some guitar solo's and St. Anger isn't all that bad.


What about those lyrics? Awful.

Who knows, maybe they'll put something decent out, but I wouldn't hold my breath either.



You got a point, but a few of the songs are pretty good. I really would love for James to fall off the wagon and get pissed at the world again.


Something would need to happen. If you watched Some Kind of Monster you could tell that the entire making of that album was pretty much just him punching the clock, coming in and busting out what he could and getting the hell out of there. It's extremely uninspired and the music reflected that.

_________________
Scared to say what is your passion,
So slag it all,
Bitter's in fashion,
Fear of failure's all you've started,
The jury is in, verdict:
Retarded

Winner of the 2008 STP Song Tournament


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1431 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 1:06 am