Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots -2012 tour-
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:28 pm 
AnalLog

great song

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

warehouse wrote:
great song

Yes, it is. I also drafted Julio in my fantasy league the other night so i'm just celebrating.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:43 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ramblings.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:15 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Black again was played again last night..happy to see that.
Hope they do hello, its late or coma from that record someday.
It seems its scott who likes to do those songs, he played them at a solo gig this year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:08 am 
Got Some

seeing them in early september. i can't wait to finally see meatplow. black again, on the other hand, is the only song on shangri-la that i don't like. if i could pick a song from each album, i'd go naked sunday, kitchenware and candybars, adhesive, glide, bipolar bear, and peacoat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:40 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

inglishteecher wrote:
seeing them in early september. i can't wait to finally see meatplow. black again, on the other hand, is the only song on shangri-la that i don't like. if i could pick a song from each album, i'd go naked sunday, kitchenware and candybars, adhesive, glide, bipolar bear, and peacoat.

Glad to know you are seeing Meatplow..its one of my favorites...the other ones you have chose , well they are great too...specially kitchenware and candybars...peacoat??? i prefer take a load off or maver...bi polar bear actually has a chance, they played i in 2009 or 10 i think..

anyway here is black again, sound amazing and scott sounds great.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:52 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Hey lenny.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:14 am 
Got Some

VinylGuy wrote:
inglishteecher wrote:

Glad to know you are seeing Meatplow..its one of my favorites...the other ones you have chose , well they are great too...specially kitchenware and candybars...peacoat??? i prefer take a load off or maver...bi polar bear actually has a chance, they played i in 2009 or 10 i think..

it's the chorus that kills the song for me. she can't eat, she can't sleep, she's not well....it sounds like depression feels, in a way, and i would just rather not listen to it. what about wonderful? now that's an amazing song.

as to the self-titled stuff, i think i'm one of very few people who love that album. purple and no. 4 are in a virtual tie for me, but self-titled is only a notch below, and i chock that up to nostalgia. i think last time they were in the twin cities they played between the lines, hickory dichotomy, huckleberry crumble, cinnamon, and dare if you dare. peacoat, take a load off, and fast as i can would complete my favorites from it. the other 4 songs would be fine too. i'm guessing hazy daze would sound huge.

i think the most important thing with stp is catching weiland on a good night. i've been really lucky. i've seen stp 4 times, velvet revolver twice, and i even caught 2 solo shows 10 plus years apart. he's been spectacular each time, though the second vr show was terrible. the most recent solo show is my favorite. just a great performance. plus, he did "atlanta."

i do hope in getting back together they are writing and recording some new material. i never thought we were going to get no. 4. that they might actually have a 7th album in them is exciting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:22 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

inglishteecher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
inglishteecher wrote:

it's the chorus that kills the song for me. she can't eat, she can't sleep, she's not well....it sounds like depression feels, in a way, and i would just rather not listen to it. what about wonderful? now that's an amazing song.

as to the self-titled stuff, i think i'm one of very few people who love that album. purple and no. 4 are in a virtual tie for me, but self-titled is only a notch below, and i chock that up to nostalgia. i think last time they were in the twin cities they played between the lines, hickory dichotomy, huckleberry crumble, cinnamon, and dare if you dare. peacoat, take a load off, and fast as i can would complete my favorites from it. the other 4 songs would be fine too. i'm guessing hazy daze would sound huge.

i think the most important thing with stp is catching weiland on a good night. i've been really lucky. i've seen stp 4 times, velvet revolver twice, and i even caught 2 solo shows 10 plus years apart. he's been spectacular each time, though the second vr show was terrible. the most recent solo show is my favorite. just a great performance. plus, he did "atlanta."

i do hope in getting back together they are writing and recording some new material. i never thought we were going to get no. 4. that they might actually have a 7th album in them is exciting.

You ve seen Scott solo? great ! Happy in Galoshes is a great record, if ed would have recorded that album we were taking about a "masterpiece"....
i like self titled a lot, but not a fan of peacot...ive seen them 3 times and they were amazing.
Hope to see them again this tour.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:36 pm 
Winner: 2007+2009 Other Bands Cover Contest

Scott's voice has held up better than almost all of his contemporaries. Probably cause he was never a screamer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:53 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

badabing wrote:
Scott's voice has held up better than almost all of his contemporaries. Probably cause he was never a screamer.

True...his voice has aged very well, better than Ed for sure, even if eddie´s range is better...he can sing the rock songs better than eddie... Cornell and Lanegan are great too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:07 am 
Got Some

only a week away for me. it looks like they're playing the same set every night. since i'm not seeing them twice, i'm fine with that. guarantees meatplow. it is a little disappointing that they're only doing 17 songs though. i think that's down 5 songs from the last tour. less than 20 at this stage in their career doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

has there been any news on a 7th album? i'm really hoping for some new stp heading into next summer. this winter belongs to soundgarden if the album is any good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:27 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

inglishteecher wrote:
only a week away for me. it looks like they're playing the same set every night. since i'm not seeing them twice, i'm fine with that. guarantees meatplow. it is a little disappointing that they're only doing 17 songs though. i think that's down 5 songs from the last tour. less than 20 at this stage in their career doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

has there been any news on a 7th album? i'm really hoping for some new stp heading into next summer. this winter belongs to soundgarden if the album is any good.

There hasnt been any news...Eric said they were about to record something by the time self titled came out and that´s about it.
But they told rolling stone this was supposed to be the core aniversary tour and they would play the whole record and it didn`t happen either...there is a book supposed in the works for this year too...who knows, they are very secretive and don´t seem to plan things.
I wish they do another one, because these guys are really good togheter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:12 am 
Mike's Maniac

Wasn't this suppose to be the core tour?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:55 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

the guitar player from Cheap Trick did surrender with them...also it seems they started 90 minutes late but scott seemed ok!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:11 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
the guitar player from Cheap Trick did surrender with them...also it seems they started 90 minutes late but scott seemed ok!

Hey bro I listened to Glide yesterday and thought about you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:59 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Really? why??

Glide is great btw...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Really? why??

Glide is great btw...

You're a big STP fan and I just had VinylGuy on the brain I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:45 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Really? why??

Glide is great btw...

Lenny, you should participate in the OB cover contest. Are you a ryan adams fan? if so, and I make it to another round, you may get to hear me cover a ryan adams tune.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:49 pm 

62strat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Really? why??

Glide is great btw...

Lenny, you should participate in the OB cover contest. Are you a ryan adams fan? if so, and I make it to another round, you may get to hear me cover a ryan adams tune.

Post a video of it and i'll consider.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Other Bands