Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:03 am 
Interweb Celebrity

PhilPritchard wrote:
vedder10ua wrote:
jim rome is the biggest idiot in the world anyways. the guy is just a moron. secondly, he's right - jeter may not argue that call - in fact, jeter may not even do that.

now i'm a big ny fan, but...
arod isnt a yankee yet - he's not a yankee till he performs in a situation like tonight. yea he played well versus minnesota, but so what.

schilling is amazing - one of the top 5 ptichers of our time. but i also think he is an idiot for some of the things he says.

I'm pretty sure he became a Yankee when they decided to pay him all that money and give up one of the league's best second basemen for him. You may not like it, but he wears the jersey everyday... he's a yankee.

yes, but this is how i see it: tonight when i watched the game, i saw jeter, bernie, and posada out there. i saw rivera out there. all guys from the old squad that won a bunch. even a guy liek cairo fits the team well.

i have trouble adapting to these guys who do not hit in the clutch like they old guys did (tino, brosious, oneill, leyritz). arod and sheff may be great, but they did not perform when we most needed them. i always felt we were in the game with the old crew. tonight, at 6-0, i felt the game was over. as a yankee fan who is only 21 years old, i cannot remember feeling like that for awhile now.

as much as i love the yankees now, my favorite yankee teams will always be the tino, knoblauch (haha, yea), jeter, brosius, girardi/leyritz, oneill, bernie, chad curtis/shane spencer teams.

We gotta watch our backs

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports