Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament Solo Album?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:45 pm 
Mike's Maniac
 WWW  Profile

Got it in the mail today, with a pick.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:08 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Mirella wrote:
wow, you people are so lucky! The mail will never get to Europe so soon...

but fortunately there's downloading 8)

groetjes,
Mirella :) (listened once, so far)

93 Rdm2x 96 D L2x Ber Gro Ams Par Zür 00 L2x D Gla Man Car Par Pin Pra Kat2x Sal Lju Ver Ber Ham Ros L 01 BSB2x Sea2x 06 D Arn Ant Bern Bol Ver Mil Tor Pis Pra Ber Vie Zag 07 L Düs Nij Wer 09 L Rdm Ber Man L 10 D Belf L Ber 12 Am2x EV:Am2x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:15 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

B wrote:
Got a pick too. I could tell I got one b/c they slit the envelope, stuck it in and retaped it.

I got my package yesterday. I got home from an all-day tailgate at the Penn State v. Syracuse game and grabbed my mail and just wanted to hit the sack. I noticed there was a puncture in the package so I opened it up just to check it's condition. It was fine. Now this morning I reached my hand into the package to grab my invoice. It wasn't there but a pick was. The pick just happened to be the exact same size as the puncture. I'm guessing they pushed the pick through the middle of the package and didn't seal the puncture damage. I guess with free shipping that should be expected from the 10C. Unbelievable. I wish I had a Photobucket account to share the pic with with everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:51 am 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
B wrote:
Got a pick too. I could tell I got one b/c they slit the envelope, stuck it in and retaped it.

I got my package yesterday. I got home from an all-day tailgate at the Penn State v. Syracuse game and grabbed my mail and just wanted to hit the sack. I noticed there was a puncture in the package so I opened it up just to check it's condition. It was fine. Now this morning I reached my hand into the package to grab my invoice. It wasn't there but a pick was. The pick just happened to be the exact same size as the puncture. I'm guessing they pushed the pick through the middle of the package and didn't seal the puncture damage. I guess with free shipping that should be expected from the 10C. Unbelievable. I wish I had a Photobucket account to share the pic with with everyone.

Mine was a clean slit about the width of the pick. The taped back over the slit w/ packing tape. I just assumed they had had them all packed up and then Jeff wanted to go through and stick picks into them, so they did what they could.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:48 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Still no Tone in Taxachusetts, but the mail comes late to my house on weekdays.

"The real truth about it is: no one gets it right / The real truth about it is: we’re all supposed to try"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:50 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

CopperTom wrote:
B wrote:

How long did you stay at the game? That place was practically empty mid-way through the third quarter. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait to play Illinois.

I'll hopefully get "tone" today.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:09 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Track 4, Relapse, scare the shit out of me..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:00 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Simple Torture wrote:
Still no Tone in Taxachusetts, but the mail comes late to my house on weekdays.

Got mine last week and i live in MA, so i assume u should get it soon.

Just got my tickets to the Illinois game, should be a good one

NYC 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Meadows 5/13/06
Vedder: Opera House 8/1/08

Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Tone
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:18 pm 
Global Moderator

so how is this thing anyway? how did Jeffy do?

The perfect gift for certain occasions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:25 pm 
Coast to Coast

Yeah we don't care about your picks. Talk about the music.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:05 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

YessCode wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
B wrote:

How long did you stay at the game? That place was practically empty mid-way through the third quarter. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait to play Illinois.

I'll hopefully get "tone" today.

That's about when I left.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:48 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

stip wrote:
I think its more along the lines of wellwater conspiracy type of material.

i think he did really well! Is it mind blowing? no. Not yet. Bt its unique, it rocks. I was figuring it woudl be all atmospheric acoustic tinged material. A lot of it is really intense. Typical ament time changes.

his voice is actually nice to listen to, unlike his previous attempts with PJ.

I definitely suggest at least getting it. you dont have to love it or anything but its good. A good listen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:19 am 
Poney Girl

Got mine today, I'm on my second listening.

I like it, it's definitely Jeff, but the singing is definitely not the pearl jam attempts, his voice is actually listenable unlike those past attempts.

So far I might listen to it more than once, we'll see.

Spoiler: show
And my packaged was in mint condition when it was stuffed into my mailbox, no slits or punctures from putting the guitar picks in it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:06 am 
Cameron's Stallion

62strat wrote:
stip wrote:
I think its more along the lines of wellwater conspiracy type of material.

i think he did really well! Is it mind blowing? no. Not yet. Bt its unique, it rocks. I was figuring it woudl be all atmospheric acoustic tinged material. A lot of it is really intense. Typical ament time changes.

his voice is actually nice to listen to, unlike his previous attempts with PJ.

I definitely suggest at least getting it. you dont have to love it or anything but its good. A good listen.

This are good things. Can't wait to here it.

The smallest oceans still get...big, Big Waves...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:08 am 
Team Binaural
 WWW  Profile

There's some good stuff on this thing. Nothing mindblowing indeed, and a few songs are just not good at all, but overall I was pleasantly surprised.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:36 am 
Force of Nature

I agree with what has been said, it's not mindblowing. But it's a fun record, it's just somethin Jeff released while the band is on hiatus.

The rockers sound a bit like God's Dice then there's atmospheric stuff like Army Reserve and there's one lowlight kinda ballad but they all have Sweet Lew vocals, that pretty much sums it up :).

Overall, I thought it was better than I expected (didn't expect much) and it does have some suprises, the song 'relapse' start with a haunting mood and melody and a of sudden there's a break with multi-layered vocals by Jeff! (who's idea was it to add to layered vocals on Army Reserve, well I think we have an answer here ;) ). The record itself has a nice flow, it's start with some rockers in which Jeff sometimes sounds like Dave Grohl (who can't really sing either 8) ).
Then there's the acoustic track which I really like, again great backing vocals all by jeff, one more straight forward rocker 'the forest'. Then the last four songs are the more atmospheric ones. One has vocals by Doug Pinnick (it doesn't really fit the record would have been better with jeff vocals I guess).
So far, it does get better on every spin, so check it out!

Since this is mostly released through the TenClub it is my hope that this 'monkeywrench' label will be used more often. Maybe more solo releases? More jazzy Matt stuff and more Stoney country or Brad stuff. Who needs labels nowadays ;). Just some appetizers for the band and the fans while we are all waiting for that phonecall from eddie 'hey let's make another record now'.

Het nederlandstalige Pearl Jam forum:

http://www.pearljamonline.nl

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:15 pm 
Stone's Bitch

joostone wrote:
it's start with some rockers in which Jeff sometimes sounds like Dave Grohl

i´m on my first listen and was just about to post the exact same thing...

agree with most of the comments, not mindblowing, but definitely nice to listen to, and I´m likin jeff´s singin here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:40 pm 
Unthought Known

http://www.myspace.com/jeffamentpj

Wow, I just listened to about 30 seconds of "The Forest." That's MUCH better than I ever expected this to sound.

Who played what on it? This isn't Jeff as a one-man band is it?

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Just finished my first listen... songs that stood out to me were "The Forest", "Life Of A Salesman" and "Bulldozer".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:14 pm 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

While Jeff's vocal was certainly better than the PJ efforts, it didn't do much for me. The Forest was a decent track but I could take or leave the rest of it.

http://www.last.fm/user/csibrandon/

RIP: Evil Bunny

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam