Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:39 pm 
Administrator

Orpheus wrote:
What's up with the Bears getting absolutely reamed by the Bengals?
I'm loving it. :thumbsup:

Post subject: Re: The 2009 NFL Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:41 pm 
AnalLog

That Cutler trade is really working out. I didn't realize it included TWO first round picks. Jesus.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:21 pm 
statistically insignificant

Dear Bears fans,

Told you so.

Your in Christ,
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:27 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Orpheus wrote:
That Cutler trade is really working out. I didn't realize it included TWO first round picks. Jesus.

He doesn't have a lot on this team. Their defense is horrible (maybe we could at least slow down the Bengals so they don't score a TD every possession? - ah yes there was that FG...). Everyones talks about how maligned their WR's were before he came here.

Their OL can't open a hole in the running game as evidenced by the 3.5 ypc and their running game can't muster 80 yds/game. In Denver he was sacked 1/57 passes. In Chicago, it's 1/19 ... you can't tell me that a 26 year old loses that much mobility. As soon as he gets back to pass, the rush is already on him - even a 4 man rush against 6 blockers.

This team has regressed quite a bit. Losing Url hurt quite a bit, but so many others have regressed and that's sad. I'm not sure what God would even do with the play of these teammates...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:30 pm 
AnalLog

homersheineken wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

He doesn't have a lot on this team. Their defense is horrible (maybe we could at least slow down the Bengals so they don't score a TD every possession? - ah yes there was that FG...). Everyones talks about how maligned their WR's were before he came here.

Their OL can't open a hole in the running game as evidenced by the 3.5 ypc and their running game can't muster 80 yds/game. In Denver he was sacked 1/57 passes. In Chicago, it's 1/19 ... you can't tell me that a 26 year old loses that much mobility. As soon as he gets back to pass, the rush is already on him - even a 4 man rush against 6 blockers.

This team has regressed quite a bit. Losing Url hurt quite a bit, but so many others have regressed and that's sad. I'm not sure what God would even do with the play of these teammates...

Well yeah, that's kind of my point. I doubt things would be much worse with Orton, and you're out three draft picks. Sucks, as I like the Bears.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:35 pm 

homersheineken wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

That's a lot of excuses right there, friend. At what point does one just admit that aside from being able to throw the ball really, really hard, he's not much of a quarterback? Half of his TDs this year came against dreck: Seattle and Detroit. He's still making the same poor decisions as he did in Denver. He's got tools, but no toolbox. You can't fix dumb and entitled.

Like I tried to tell you in the offseason, trading for Jay Cutler was solving the wrong problem. He is who we thought he was.

Last edited by thodoks on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:36 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

thodoks wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

That's a lot of excuses right there, friend. At what point does one just admit that aside from being able to throw the ball really, really hard, he's not much of a quarterback? Half of his TDs this year came against dreck: Seattle and Detroit. He's still making the same poor decisions as he did in Denver. He's got tools, but no toolbox. You can't fix dumb and entitled.

Like I tried to tell you in the offseason, trading for Jay Cutler was solving the wrong problem. He is who we thought he was.

I wouldn't mind having Jay Cutler on my team, though

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:38 pm 

Mecca wrote:
thodoks wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

I wouldn't mind having Jay Cutler on my team, though

At the right price, of course. Would you trade two firsts, a third, and umpteen millions in cap space for him?

Spoiler: show
Didn't think so.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:43 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

thodoks wrote:
Dear Bears fans,

Told you so.

Your in Christ,
Kris

?

Let's see here...

Their defense gives up 10 points a game. Name me a QB in the league who can't win with that.

On top of that, Orton has arguably the most talented WR in the league to go with a rookie WR that had 1K yds. Orton has an OL that protects him. He has a running game that is #7 in the league. He hasn't really done anything except toss 5 yd passes and watch his playmakers do the work for him (ahem Montana had HOFers do the same thing for him). I'm sorry, but he did the same thing in Chicago in '05. Name me a NFL QB who can't win with those kinds of players?

Cutler has a defense that lost it's best player, completely revamped and lost secondary, and is completely reeling. A non-existant running game even though last year it was pretty good. Their OL can't give him time to drop back, much less step up in the pocket. He's consistently playing from behind so yeah he's going to force it and get picks - and still put them in a position to win.

Yet, despite the lack and regression of talent, he's put them in the lead in the 4th quarter of every game except this one (and it was over before he ever had a chance). Not sure what else he can do....

The trade has been fine (including Knox who has been amazing), it's the other players who aren't stepping up. Who knew the rest of the team would collapse?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:44 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Orpheus wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

Well yeah, that's kind of my point. I doubt things would be much worse with Orton, and you're out three draft picks. Sucks, as I like the Bears.

Who knew Url would be out, Harris would be non-existant and so many others regress? They were basically a playoff team last year. So many aren't playing like they were last year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:47 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

thodoks wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

See my other posts... Orton has numerous tools in the tool box. Chicago now just has a bunch of tools after being on the cusp last year.

When you're down every game, you have to force it . And except for this game Culter has put them in a position to win. Is it his fault, really? that the defense has surrendered it everygame?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:47 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

thodoks wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

See my other posts... Orton has numerous tools in the tool box. Chicago now just has a bunch of tools after being on the cusp last year.

When you're down every game, you have to force it . And except for this game Culter has put them in a position to win. Is it his fault, really? that the defense has surrendered it every game he brought them back in the 4th?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:48 pm 

homersheineken wrote:
thodoks wrote:
Dear Bears fans,

Told you so.

Your in Christ,
Kris

?

Let's see here...

Their defense gives up 10 points a game. Name me a QB in the league who can't win with that.

On top of that, Orton has arguably the most talented WR in the league to go with a rookie WR that had 1K yds. Orton has an OL that protects him. He has a running game that is #7 in the league. He hasn't really done anything except toss 5 yd passes and watch his playmakers do the work for him (ahem Montana had HOFers do the same thing for him). I'm sorry, but he did the same thing in Chicago in '05. Name me a NFL QB who can't win with those kinds of players?

Cutler has a defense that lost it's best player, completely revamped and lost secondary, and is completely reeling. A non-existant running game even though last year it was pretty good. Their OL can't give him time to drop back, much less step up in the pocket. He's consistently playing from behind so yeah he's going to force it and get picks - and still put them in a position to win.

Yet, despite the lack and regression of talent, he's put them in the lead in the 4th quarter of every game except this one (and it was over before he ever had a chance). Not sure what else he can do....

The trade has been fine (including Knox who has been amazing), it's the other players who aren't stepping up. Who knew the rest of the team would collapse?

Lulz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:49 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

thodoks wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
thodoks wrote:
Dear Bears fans,

Told you so.

Your in Christ,
Kris

?

Let's see here...

Lulz

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:50 pm 

homersheineken wrote:
thodoks wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

When you're down every game, you have to force it . And except for this game Culter has put them in a position to win. Is it his fault, really? that the defense has surrendered it every game he brought them back in the 4th?

Double lulz. You still don't get it.

What would have to happen for you to acknowledge that the Bears made the wrong decision in giving up Orton, two firsts, and a third for Cutler and a fourth (or fifth)?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:51 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

thodoks wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
thodoks wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

Double lulz. You still don't get it.

What would have to happen for you to acknowledge that the Bears made the wrong decision in giving up Orton, two firsts, and a third for Cutler and a fourth (or fifth)?

ooooh double lulz!!! What next a triple dog lulz?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:53 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

they definitely gave up more than they had to for Cutler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:55 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Anybody that thinks that Cutler (or the Cutler trade) was in the top 5 reasons the Bears lost today is crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:57 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Too Big a Man Too Say wrote:
Anybody that thinks that Cutler (or the Cutler trade) was in the top 5 reasons the Bears lost today is crazy.

It's the draft picks that haven't happened yet fault...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:10 am 
AnalLog

Like I said, I have nothing against the Bears. I like it when they're a good team. I just think they gave up too much. It really doesn't have a connection to what happened today until you think about trades that could have been made with the picks or even the players you could get in the future if you guys are just due for a rough year in general. Kyle Orton isn't an amazing QB sure, but he obviously isn't horrible either. It was a pretty huge trade and it's interesting to discuss.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports