Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: RM-NHL Fantasy Hockey
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:22 am 
Stone's Red Headed Stepchild Bitch

Mickey wrote:
Flipadelphia :shake:

I'm a hockey fan first.

I'm a Flyers fan second.

I'm a Red Wings fan third.

i'm a hole in the pipeline, i'm a road side bomb..."

:peace: Frank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:30 pm 
Reissued

Drafted last night. Twelve team league, payout is something like $250 when all is said and done, with weekly awards for top team.

C--Crosby, Carter, David Krejci
LW-Zetterberg, Sharp, Rene Borque
RW-Hossa, Samuelsson, Radim Vbrata
D- Phaneuf, Enstrom, Timonen Kubina, Giodano
G-Bryzgalov, Mason/Pavelec

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:42 pm 

Mickey wrote:
Drafted last night. Twelve team league, payout is something like $250 when all is said and done, with weekly awards for top team.

C--Crosby, Carter, David Krejci
LW-Zetterberg, Sharp, Rene Borque
RW-Hossa, Samuelsson, Radim Vbrata
D- Phaneuf, Enstrom, Timonen Kubina, Giodano
G-Bryzgalov, Mason/Pavelec

Goaltending seems to be only concern...nicely done otherwise :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:45 pm 
Reissued

I usually draft goalies pretty high, but the guy who won this league last year went all offense first, so I tried that strategy (amended to get some good D-men). I figure goalies can be pretty inconsistent. Bryzy should be solid, and I at least have a goalie by handcuffing Mason with Pavelec, plus the emergence of backups can dictate certain things. Also, it's head to head, so a bad game by Luongo or someone against just general mediocre play by Mason could give me the edge. We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I've always been about all-out offense. Nicely done. :thumbsup:

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:22 pm 
AnalLog

trade offered to me, what do y'all think?

they want from my team: h. lundqvist (i have lehtonen, khabibulin, and riemer ir'd)
they are offering: p. kane & t. hall

as a counter i'm thinking of asking for crosby and kane for lundqvist.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:34 am 
AnalLog

i haven't done anything yet, but does that counter seem ridiculous? or somewhat reasonable considering crosby is no guarantee to come back in top form.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:51 pm 
Supersonic

EllisEamos wrote:

they want from my team: h. lundqvist (i have lehtonen, khabibulin, and riemer ir'd)

I hate 2-for-1 trades because you end up having to drop someone anyway, so I always prefer balancing it out. Do you have someone on your team that you wouldn't care about dropping to make room for Kane and Hall? I actually wouldn't mind the original trade, but you might as well offer the counter and try to work from there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 pm 
AnalLog

PhilPritchard wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

I hate 2-for-1 trades because you end up having to drop someone anyway, so I always prefer balancing it out. Do you have someone on your team that you wouldn't care about dropping to make room for Kane and Hall? I actually wouldn't mind the original trade, but you might as well offer the counter and try to work from there.

i actually have had a rotating roster spot (i drafted drew stafford), which is currently matt carle (i still have visnovsky, lidstrom, phaneuf, and wideman)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:56 pm 
AnalLog

just for updates sake:

i did offer crosby & kane and the other owner countered w/ just crosby for lundqvist.
so i've walked away from the table.

thanks phil for the advice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:24 pm 
Supersonic

EllisEamos wrote:
just for updates sake:

i did offer crosby & kane and the other owner countered w/ just crosby for lundqvist.

Just out of curiosity, if Crosby was playing Friday night and Reimer was ready to come of the IR, would you have made that trade?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:31 pm 
AnalLog

PhilPritchard wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
just for updates sake:

Just out of curiosity, if Crosby was playing Friday night and Reimer was ready to come of the IR, would you have made that trade?

one for one?

no, there's too much risk involved w/ sid at this time.

however, if they were willing to accept any of my other goalies straight up, i'd take on that risk b/c there is some risk that each of my other goalies loses their job or gets hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:04 pm 
Supersonic

Didn't want to bring fantasy crap into the NHL thread, so here's a question:

I'm in a league with 8 teams and basically NHL sized rosters (3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 other forwards, 6 D, 3 G). It's a head to head league with four keepers. I went looking for keepers early in the draft and got Stamkos, Weber, Staal, Tavares and Rinne with my first five picks. Since Staal hasn't been that impressive, I've been more than happy with Stamkos, Tavares, Weber and Rinne giving me as good a set of keepers as anyone else could possibly have.

The issue is that I also took James Neal with a mid-round pick, so now I'm debating Neal vs. Rinne.

Who would you keep?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:16 pm 
Unthought Known

PhilPritchard wrote:
Didn't want to bring fantasy crap into the NHL thread, so here's a question:

I'm in a league with 8 teams and basically NHL sized rosters (3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 other forwards, 6 D, 3 G). It's a head to head league with four keepers. I went looking for keepers early in the draft and got Stamkos, Weber, Staal, Tavares and Rinne with my first five picks. Since Staal hasn't been that impressive, I've been more than happy with Stamkos, Tavares, Weber and Rinne giving me as good a set of keepers as anyone else could possibly have.

The issue is that I also took James Neal with a mid-round pick, so now I'm debating Neal vs. Rinne.

Who would you keep?

I'd keep Rinne all day. Especially since in an 8 team keeper good players will be available in draft. There are only a handful of goalies that will get as many starts/wins as rinne (for H2H it helps a ton). In goalies you usually never know what you will get but Rinne is as consistent as anyone.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 pm 
Supersonic

EastHastings wrote:
I'd keep Rinne all day. Especially since in an 8 team keeper good players will be available in draft. There are only a handful of goalies that will get as many starts/wins as rinne (for H2H it helps a ton). In goalies you usually never know what you will get but Rinne is as consistent as anyone.

That's kind of what I'm leaning towards, but I right now my goal is to keep one and draft the other in the first round and I feel like Rinne has a better chance of getting to me while Neal would be picked right away.

The other thing that's making me reconsider is the number of "out-of-nowhere" performances by goalies this year. Rinne's the only goalie I drafted who's still on my team right now, yet Mike Smith has single-handedly won at least a couple weeks for me and Halak gets a shutout every second game. I haven't had nearly the same success with forwards off of waivers.

I agree though about the consistency... at least having Rinne gives me some insurance if I can't find that lucky mid-season addition.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:32 pm 
Unthought Known

PhilPritchard wrote:
EastHastings wrote:

That's kind of what I'm leaning towards, but I right now my goal is to keep one and draft the other in the first round and I feel like Rinne has a better chance of getting to me while Neal would be picked right away.

The other thing that's making me reconsider is the number of "out-of-nowhere" performances by goalies this year. Rinne's the only goalie I drafted who's still on my team right now, yet Mike Smith has single-handedly won at least a couple weeks for me and Halak gets a shutout every second game. I haven't had nearly the same success with forwards off of waivers.

I agree though about the consistency... at least having Rinne gives me some insurance if I can't find that lucky mid-season addition.

That's what I mean, goalies fluctuate constantly. If you didn't get Rinne, you'd have mike smith who has been up throughout the year and halak is splitting the year with Elliott. There will always be forwards for head to head that can light it up in small batches to help with a week. It also depends on your goalie cats though. In mine 3 cats of about 10 or so are goalies and people don't trade often, so if you are unlucky at draft and high pick a goalie and he goes down or doesn't play like he should it's trouble. If anything i'd keep rinne and draft a goalie high. Goalies are good trading currency.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 pm 
Supersonic

I love being in a pool with someone who panics really easily... I just added Letang off waivers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:52 pm 

PhilPritchard wrote:
I love being in a pool with someone who panics really easily... I just added Letang off waivers.

oh man I did that back in Dec./Jan. during his long stretch of being out...he's probably gonna end up being one of my two keepers because of the rarity of high scoring d-men

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:59 pm 
Supersonic

sportsfreakpete6 wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:

oh man I did that back in Dec./Jan. during his long stretch of being out...he's probably gonna end up being one of my two keepers because of the rarity of high scoring d-men

It worked out well for me... I picked him up because I was the first one to notice him being dropped. I'm near the top of the league and don't have any room to keep him for next year, so instead of having an injured player on my roster I traded him to a team that wanted him as a keeper and got Iginla in return.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:10 pm 

PhilPritchard wrote:
sportsfreakpete6 wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:

It worked out well for me... I picked him up because I was the first one to notice him being dropped. I'm near the top of the league and don't have any room to keep him for next year, so instead of having an injured player on my roster I traded him to a team that wanted him as a keeper and got Iginla in return.

oh wow that's awesome. who are you keeping instead?

I'll probably come back here for advice once the time comes on keeping players, but right now my keepers are him and king henrik.

My other possibilities include Kesler/Callahan/Lehtonen and maybe a few others. (callahan because we have Hits as a stat in our league).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports