Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Dexter (Season 5)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:42 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Junco Partner wrote:
Mecca wrote:
When does Robocop get shot up?

My guess is the end of the season.
Man last nights episode was kinda rough. rape is bad kids mmmkay?
That Jordan Chase guy is one sick fuck.

yeah Chase is really fucked up. Do you think Lumen wanted to fuck after the kill because she was so attracted to Dexter because he continuously puts himself on the line for her and risks himself completely or because the kill turned her on in some strange way. And that girl whos blood Jordan stores in the necklace. She must have more involvement than we think. Maybe she is part of it to and is the one who holds the camera and films everything. Dexter might wrongfully kill Quinn now because he will go check the records associated with the surveillance equipment after he finds it and see Quinn's signature not knowing it was forged by that one old bastard guy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:47 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

pretty sure it was the rush of killing someone and the connection they felt going through that together.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:13 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Is this season finished yet? I generally wait till the end of a season and go on a binge.

Shawn Smith: 1 in 2008

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:25 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

randallanddarcy wrote:
Is this season finished yet? I generally wait till the end of a season and go on a binge.

no, theres still a few more episodes to go

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

There's 2 more.

It seems odd that they would manage to finish the season in just 2 episodes. I think Chase will be killed in the next episode or at the begining of the finale. There's to much going on at this point. Unless they plan on keeping Lumen something will happen with her and there's the Quinn and Liddy plot that has to come to an end. I doubt they'll just die in an accident or something.

The 1st girl it's probably just part of Chases' fuckedup-ness. She would have recognized Lumen if she was filming. I think she's just some sort of souvenir.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:01 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Mine wrote:
There's 2 more.

It seems odd that they would manage to finish the season in just 2 episodes. I think Chase will be killed in the next episode or at the begining of the finale. There's to much going on at this point. Unless they plan on keeping Lumen something will happen with her and there's the Quinn and Liddy plot that has to come to an end. I doubt they'll just die in an accident or something.

The 1st girl it's probably just part of Chases' fuckedup-ness. She would have recognized Lumen if she was filming. I think she's just some sort of souvenir.

Maybe she did recognize Lumen. When she was talking to Chase at her house she said that she told them exactly what Jordan had told her to tell them. I know Its a reach but she seems to know more than she is letting on about them progressing to murdering from a teenage gang rape.

If I had to bet on it I would bet both Lumen and Quinn are still around next season. Maybe Quinn will learn the truth or part of the truth and somehow be alright with it because he loves Deb (doubt it though). That LIddy guy has to die though. Maybe Quinn will end up killing Liddy and Dexter will be the only one who knows so they have to keep a lie for eachother. I just don't see either of them dying this season, especially Quinn. It would start to look kinda strange that everyone who Dexter ever has problems with in the department ends up dead eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:13 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Veddar10 wrote:
Mine wrote:
There's 2 more.

Maybe she did recognize Lumen. When she was talking to Chase at her house she said that she told them exactly what Jordan had told her to tell them. I know Its a reach but she seems to know more than she is letting on about them progressing to murdering from a teenage gang rape.

If I had to bet on it I would bet both Lumen and Quinn are still around next season. Maybe Quinn will learn the truth or part of the truth and somehow be alright with it because he loves Deb (doubt it though). That LIddy guy has to die though. Maybe Quinn will end up killing Liddy and Dexter will be the only one who knows so they have to keep a lie for eachother. I just don't see either of them dying this season, especially Quinn. It would start to look kinda strange that everyone who Dexter ever has problems with in the department ends up dead eventually.

Yeah but they don't have much of a choice unless they want to make Dexter's secret something everybody knows but nobody talks about which would be lame. Liddy and Quinn will probably get to Chase and something may happen with that without Dexter being directly involved.

I'm pretty sure she knows very little. I'm judging by her remark about Lumen being very pretty which probably means she never saw any of the other girls.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:47 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Mine wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
Mine wrote:
There's 2 more.

Yeah but they don't have much of a choice unless they want to make Dexter's secret something everybody knows but nobody talks about which would be lame. Liddy and Quinn will probably get to Chase and something may happen with that without Dexter being directly involved.

I'm pretty sure she knows very little. I'm judging by her remark about Lumen being very pretty which probably means she never saw any of the other girls.

good call. If she had known about her from first hand experience she wouldn't have said that.

Dexter still has to keep his identity secret of course. The show would start to suck if more people got let in on it. Now Lumen knows, Miguel knew a few seasons back but Dexter had to kill him because he was a crazy fuck. Sometimes I get the feeling that at least one higher up in the department knows and has known for a long time. Something La Guerta said a couple episodes ago kinda made me think she might know and actually protects him because of the kind of people he kills (but I doubt she knows). The one I really think probably knows is that one dude who is higher up (can't remember his name) he only pops up a few episodes a season but he is the same one who told Deb at the end of last season about what happened to Dexter's mother and also that the ice truck killer (her former fiancee) was Dexter's brother. I have this nagging feeling that he knows.

Anyway, somehow Quinn will stop being an obstacle but will remain on the show (he is one of the more important cast members IMO) and Liddy will be dead shortly. Liddy has to die there is just no other way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:44 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Maybe they're leaving open the option that Harry somehow hinted something to someone. I doubt Laguerta knows anything because she's such an odd character. I mean she isn't written as someone you'd trust or someone that would be able to keep a secret unless her personal interests are involved.
To me it seems like they don't know what to do with Quinn. The plot they gave the character is really weak in my opinion because it can't go anywhere and it's obvious because if it would have an interesting development the show would be over. Especially now that Chase caught Dexter and Lumen the Quinn/Liddy plot is becoming more and more filler.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:25 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Mine wrote:
Maybe they're leaving open the option that Harry somehow hinted something to someone. I doubt Laguerta knows anything because she's such an odd character. I mean she isn't written as someone you'd trust or someone that would be able to keep a secret unless her personal interests are involved.
To me it seems like they don't know what to do with Quinn. The plot they gave the character is really weak in my opinion because it can't go anywhere and it's obvious because if it would have an interesting development the show would be over. Especially now that Chase caught Dexter and Lumen the Quinn/Liddy plot is becoming more and more filler.

It is becoming more filler but on the other hand it does seem like pressure it coming at Dexter from all directions. He is at more risk than ever of being exposed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Veddar10 wrote:
It is becoming more filler but on the other hand it does seem like pressure it coming at Dexter from all directions. He is at more risk than ever of being exposed.

Yeah but he isn't really aware of it and 2 episodes don't really allow for much development there so i guess they'll either finished it in some big bang or they'll extend it to the next season which they never do.
My guess is that Liddy and Quinn will get to Chase trough Dexter somehow and something will happen there.
I think this is what it's really interesting about this season's end. The mayor plots combining into one. I'm also pretty sure Debra will found out who Lumen is which again complicates the possible final outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:45 pm 
Unthought Known

The part about Deb saying she could kill the guys is going to be important I think. I think it will somehow come around that Deb believes Lumen is the killer and she is fine with it. It seems to be a direction they are hinting at. Introducing lumen to deb at the house, deb saying how she would kill too, girl power etc lol.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:29 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

EastHastings wrote:
The part about Deb saying she could kill the guys is going to be important I think. I think it will somehow come around that Deb believes Lumen is the killer and she is fine with it. It seems to be a direction they are hinting at. Introducing lumen to deb at the house, deb saying how she would kill too, girl power etc lol.

This is what they seem to want to make you believe. I got the same impression but it's just to easy by the show's standards.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:44 pm 
Unthought Known

Mine wrote:
EastHastings wrote:

This is what they seem to want to make you believe. I got the same impression but it's just to easy by the show's standards.

It may just be a small part of it though. Maybe she only continues to think it COULD be lumen. Although I'm not sure they will keep Lumen around.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:17 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

EastHastings wrote:
Mine wrote:
EastHastings wrote:

It may just be a small part of it though. Maybe she only continues to think it COULD be lumen. Although I'm not sure they will keep Lumen around.

If they don't it would make more sense in my opinion. If they let her escape or something and Deb let's her get away with it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:25 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

I hope they don't go down the route of Dexter created another monster like with Prado.
Part of me feels like it will go down the route of Lumen getting killed by Chase and Dexter going crazy over another loss, which leads to him being sloppy and Deb finds out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Mecca wrote:
I hope they don't go down the route of Dexter created another monster like with Prado.
Part of me feels like it will go down the route of Lumen getting killed by Chase and Dexter going crazy over another loss, which leads to him being sloppy and Deb finds out.

I think the point of the show is to not make any big changes about Dexter because that's what the show is all about so i presume whatever route it goes nothing huge will happen to Dexter. Rita's death didn't change him dramatically. I think Chase will kill Liddy or Quinn or both because they'll get to him by spying on Dexter. He doesn't need to get sloppy for Deb to find out. She just needs to follow her idea and connect the dots at this point.
I don't think Lumen will die because that would be the same as last season basically.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

that does make a lot of sense. Deb will find out that Lumen is involved and will help her escape and that will be the end of her character. Dexter may kill Liddy and pin it on Chase or something. Then Quinn and Deb will make up at seasons end and live happily ever after. But somehow Quinn will know something more is up with Dexter still and keep spying on him. Thats too simple for this show and won't happen. Something ridiculous will happen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:55 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Just got renewed for season 6. They need to set an end date for this series.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:06 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ensign9 wrote:
Just got renewed for season 6. They need to set an end date for this series.

shouldn't they wait til it starts to suck like entourage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment