Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Dexter (Season 5)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:33 pm 
Got Some

Mine wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
1. Does Quinn die/go to jail/tell Debra what he knows

There's a hint on the show's site that implies Dexter saves his ass.
If that's Dexter, Debra finds i think he'll pretend he lost his mind because of Rita's murder or something along this lines. I mean Deb buys everything Dexter says by default so i don't see her as a problem.

Spoiler: show
In the books, I think she sees dexter for what he is, but accepts him anyway. Maybe the show wont run the same way, the books seem to lean slightly more on fantasy where the show seems to want to be more 'realistic'.

http://www.jason-stallings.com

Last edited by Junco Partner on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:35 pm 
Got Some

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
I think Deborah will catch dexter and find him out, like in the books.

The spoiler code works, dude.

sorry, dude, Its just speculation, I dont know the definitive answer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:04 pm 
Johnny Guitar
 YIM  Profile

Nanny/Harrison Question:
Lots of reasons I see this happening. I think this will be the cliffhanger for next season. After all the other loose ends are tied up for better or worse with Lumen/Chase/Quinn there needs to be a purpose for Dexter. The nanny was in a cafe by herself when she called. So much emphasis has been placed on her being perfect. In Dexter's world no one is perfect. It may be a reaction to thinking Dexter is not fit to be a parent. Maybe he is implicated in some way. Too convenient that they just have everyone in Orlando for Harrison's birthday. Also the phone call about a magician. What do magicians do? Make things disappear.

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Ledbetterdays wrote:
Here is how I think it will go:

1. Emily will be viewed as #13 not Lumen
2. Jordan Chase will be sought in her murder and all others
3. Dexter will be about to kill Jordan
4. Debra will catch him
5. Story will be Lumen was next or maybe Jordan does already kill her
6. Dexter gets off
7. Nanny kidknaps Harrison

Unresolved:
1. Does Quinn die/go to jail/tell Debra what he knows
2. Does Lumen live?

What makes you think that the Nanny plotline would ever evolve into something that sinister?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 pm 
a joke

Ledbetterdays wrote:
Nanny/Harrison Question:
Lots of reasons I see this happening. I think this will be the cliffhanger for next season. After all the other loose ends are tied up for better or worse with Lumen/Chase/Quinn there needs to be a purpose for Dexter. The nanny was in a cafe by herself when she called. So much emphasis has been placed on her being perfect. In Dexter's world no one is perfect. It may be a reaction to thinking Dexter is not fit to be a parent. Maybe he is implicated in some way. Too convenient that they just have everyone in Orlando for Harrison's birthday. Also the phone call about a magician. What do magicians do? Make things disappear.

This is the most retarded thing i have ever read on the internet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:50 pm 
Got Some

Skitch Patterson wrote:
Ledbetterdays wrote:
Nanny/Harrison Question:

This is the most retarded thing i have ever read on the internet.

ya, that is a bit of a stretch. I think the Nanny will be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:48 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I wasn't crazy about how it all worked out. Especially since
it seems like Quinn should know at this point that Dexter killed Liddy and thus Quinn should also (mistakenly) think that Dexter killed Rita, possibly others as well.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed that the nanny didn't kidnap Harrison. fingers crossed for this plot happening next season. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:13 am 
Poney Girl

WORST SEASON FINALE EVER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:38 pm 
Got Some

it seemed very rushed and anti-climactic...

half way through i just kept thinking "theres only 30 mins left, and so much still to happen"... and yet the final 10 mins was pretty lame/useless if you ask me...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:20 pm 
Johnny Guitar
 YIM  Profile

Incredibly disappointing. So many interesting ways they could have gone and chose none of them. No explanation of why Eugene became Jordan. No real explanation of who Emily was and what about the machete murders? Weak.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:22 pm 
Unthought Known

Ledbetterdays wrote:
Incredibly disappointing. So many interesting ways they could have gone and chose none of them. No explanation of why Eugene became Jordan. No real explanation of who Emily was and what about the machete murders? Weak.

There was a big explanation of why Eugene became Jordan?

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:57 pm 
Got Some

what i thought was hilarious was at the end when Deb and Quinn came to the party, LaGuerta says "here's the one who solved the barrel girls case".....

what was solved about it? as far as the police are concerned, Jordan is still missing (and frankly so are the others since their bodies were never found). And they still didn't have enough evidence on Jordan to link him to the murders....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:57 pm 
Poney Girl

I think this season finale would have been a lot different hadn't the series been renewed for a 6th.

I don't have much hope or season 6 if showtime keeps doing the renew for 1 more year thing.

Let's just have a definite end date so that the series can end in the right way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:52 pm 
Unthought Known

chino wrote:
what i thought was hilarious was at the end when Deb and Quinn came to the party, LaGuerta says "here's the one who solved the barrel girls case".....

what was solved about it? as far as the police are concerned, Jordan is still missing (and frankly so are the others since their bodies were never found). And they still didn't have enough evidence on Jordan to link him to the murders....

or the fact that they are at a little kids birthday talking about barrel girls.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

chino wrote:

Deb found the crime scene which was Jordan's property. The camp is the link between the murderers. From then on it's all clear. I suppose they found Emily's body too which is another link to the camp and the others.
A single episode wasn't enough to make a better ending in my opinion.
Oh and anybody else noticed Debra is often hinting that she knows about Dexter?
That thing she says to Quinn "You were spilling things about my brother behind my back". What would she think there's to spill about him?
Also i believe they finish shooting long before they know if they will be renewed for another season.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:52 pm 
Poney Girl

Mine wrote:
Also i believe they finish shooting long before they know if they will be renewed for another season.

and if this is true then that was a LAME ASS SERIES FINALE.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

It really would've been so much better if just after Dexter blew out Harrison's birthday candle at the party, the nanny just ran up and grabbed the baby and ran away.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:56 pm 
Got Some

Mine wrote:
chino wrote:

Deb found the crime scene which was Jordan's property. The camp is the link between the murderers. From then on it's all clear. I suppose they found Emily's body too which is another link to the camp and the others.
A single episode wasn't enough to make a better ending in my opinion.
Oh and anybody else noticed Debra is often hinting that she knows about Dexter?
That thing she says to Quinn "You were spilling things about my brother behind my back". What would she think there's to spill about him?

fair enough... but that just furthers my point... the police don't know he's dead, so their prime suspect has gone missing, and all of a sudden the case is solved? not to mention all of the other men have gone missing... and if they buy the fact that there was a vigilante, then shouldn't they be pursuing the vigilante now?

i know i'm nitpicking at a single comment made in the episode... but it just seemed like a really stupid thing to include.

and about what Deb said to Quinn... I don't remember her saying "spilling things"... i can't remember what she said, maybe "spreading things"??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:58 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Ledbetterdays wrote:

Eugene was fat, he changed and named himself after the camp where it all started.
Emily was the first girl to get raped that made Jordan a manipulator.
The machete murders were solved when Deb fucking shot the guy in the head.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:25 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

EastHastings wrote:

Yeah, that was a WTF moment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:31 am 
Poney Girl

Ensign9 wrote:
EastHastings wrote:

Yeah, that was a WTF moment.

The only thing I felt was relevant at the birthday party was the seen with Dexter holding Harrison, make a wish, dexter's reflection in the knife and then the candle being blown out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment