Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: The New 10c Memberships
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:49 am 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

the band really are turning into money hungry whores

13/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/09 Melbourne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:55 am 
Unthought Known

This news would go down a lot better if they announced they were releasing vault shows or even that the Xmas single was ready.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:00 am 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

mick7184 wrote:
This news would go down a lot better if they announced they were releasing vault shows or even that the Xmas single was ready.

if they want to be greedy boring douche middle age fucks and ring the fans dry of their money, they should do it for something good like those old shows, theyd make plenty of cash from that. but instead they are just going to double the price of the fan club. fuuuuckkkk these guys suck

im considering just not renweing, ive got till august to decide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:06 am 
Unthought Known

I'll renew, I kind of like what the analog package is offering, but I can see perfectly why some people are pissed about this. 10 bucks to anyone who goes on the Pit and counts how many times "Green Disease" is referenced.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:09 am 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

I really want to take a sign to this ed solo show im going to that says

G - R - E - E - D

with some target logos either side, see what ed has to say for himself

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:28 am 
Master of Meh

adamdude wrote:
I really want to take a sign to this ed solo show im going to that says

G - R - E - E - D

with some target logos either side, see what ed has to say for himself

I'm sure he'll chuckle on his way backstage to collect his cheque and then go back to his hotel room with his model wife.

adamdude wrote:
I'll go analog, the digital option is completely pointless in paying for. a bunch of stuff worth nothing that you can get elsewhere for free and the chance to give them more of your money in the shop, and to get slightly better tickets than everyone else to shows that are pretty sucky these days anyway.

Well, I guess there's that - in truth, that's all the digital subscription is. Tickets, nothing else.

I do think about not renewing and I've had that thought pretty much every year I've been a member (only since 2005). It's probably not worth my while, the band hardly ever tour down here and I've never bought 10C tickets when they have, but on the other hand it's still so cheap that I'll barely notice and I was glad I was a member when it came to getting tickets to Ed's solo shows here in March. So I'll probably just stick with it for now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:03 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Whatever. Prices rise, I have a choice. It's not like if I was hurting for money I'd really need to have a 10C subscription. I'll go analogue for the shirt and so I can have my yearly pleasure of giving away the Xmas vinyl to someone cool.

If I was a high paid executive used to a substantial annual income I'd want to make damn sure my superannuation paid out at a reasonable rate of return. These dudes can see the finish line now, I'm not gonna begrudge them a few extra bucks in the trust fund.

Remembered to ask dude that I hung with most of party night if he had any idea why I had a large (fist-sized) purple bruise on my chest. He said he remembers "OW!" but that's it. Guess I'll never know.

Trades.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:25 am 
Force of Nature

adamdude wrote:
mick7184 wrote:

if they want to be greedy boring douche middle age fucks and ring the fans dry of their money, they should do it for something good like those old shows, theyd make plenty of cash from that. but instead they are just going to double the price of the fan club. fuuuuckkkk these guys suck

im considering just not renweing, ive got till august to decide

i bet you will renew. if they are money hungry whores then use that cash for something else then eh?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:07 pm 
Poney Girl

I've been a member since 1994, so Im staying.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:37 pm 
Got Some

It's pretty much analog or nothing, so that's an easy choice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:12 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

I'm on the fence with this. I've basically been renewing for the past several years to get in on the presales, which don't mean squat to me, since the closest place they've played at in the past 6 years (besides bonnaroo) is philadelphia. I've not even bothered to see how far of a drive that is. I like getting the 45 as a bonus for not getting to see any shows. I don't need another ill fitting, poor quality pj shirt. i guess digital seems to be the obvious choice. if i decide i need the 45, i can get it on ebay for $5 later.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:13 pm 
Force of Nature

So am i to assume that if your membership doesn't expire for another year or so you will still get the "holiday" single?

I think i might go digital...either way its not alot of money, but i could care less about most of the extras...t-shirt will probably be ugly, Deep i pretty much flip thru once and put it in a drawer, or even the holiday single which basically just gets put in a pile in the basement with the rest of the singles...

Toronto - 06, 09
New York - 08 (x2)
EV Solo - Vancouver (08) x2, Montreal (08), Toronto (08), Hartford (11)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:18 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Vitalogy1994 wrote:
So am i to assume that if your membership doesn't expire for another year or so you will still get the "holiday" single?

I think i might go digital...either way its not alot of money, but i could care less about most of the extras...t-shirt will probably be ugly, Deep i pretty much flip thru once and put it in a drawer, or even the holiday single which basically just gets put in a pile in the basement with the rest of the singles...

mine is up in february. with the 2010 single set to hit the mail in maybe july, does this mean if i renew to digital in february i get shut out on 2010's single? just a thought. may ask the 10 club. i bet their inbox is exploding right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:51 pm 
Force of Nature

ehh, i'll go analog.

I like the vinyls.
and a free t-shirt sounds good.

plus, considering what i just gave Roger Waters for 2 seats to the Wall and a t-shirt, this is still cheap. *But* I didn't have to drive for 2 days to see Roger either....

11/02/00 - Portland, OR
11/05/00 - Seattle, WA
11/06/00 - Seattle, WA
4/3/03 - Oklahoma City, OK
10/03/04 - Grand Rapids, MI
5/3/10 - Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:24 pm 
Supersonic

Analog.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:15 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

I'm going analog. Something about it doesn't sit right but it's not a huge deal to me.

No way I'm giving up my seniority now, and I've never been shut out for tickets that I wanted.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:24 pm 
Poney Girl

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I'm going analog. Something about it doesn't sit right but it's not a huge deal to me.

No way I'm giving up my seniority now, and I've never been shut out for tickets that I wanted.

It's the way 10C jerked us around on this one, but really its 10C they always jerk us around so we definitely should have seen this coming.

I'll be a part of the Analog Club.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:56 pm 
Force of Nature

The main reason I joined in 2000 was a chance to get fan club seats, which I have had great seats for the 2 shows I've got the club seats for.

As a fan in the SF bay area, since playing the Shoreline in 2003, the only shows they've played here are 3 at the SF Civic in 2006, and 1 at Outside Lands in 2009. All of these shows were general admission so the club membership has pretty much meant nothing to me since 2004.

Every year I debate on renewing, and I always do because I know the one year I don't they're going to do something cool for club members. 20.00 for a year isn't a lot, so I will probably renew with the digital package.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:59 pm 
Unthought Known

I'll renew analog when I'm up, but my problem with this is they are charging more when they weren't even delivering on what they were supposed to at the old price.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:59 pm 
Master of Meh

NothingBetterman wrote:
Every year I debate on renewing, and I always do because I know the one year I don't they're going to do something cool for club members. 20.00 for a year isn't a lot, so I will probably renew with the digital package.

Yeah, my situation exactly as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 71  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam