Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: The New 10c Memberships
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:27 pm 
alot of $$$

I just wish they'd sell $10,000 memberships that give you a low fan club number.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:56 pm 
a joke

given2trade wrote:
I just wish they'd sell $10,000 memberships that give you a low fan club number.

Dear god, old testament god,

Please let G2T get me next hanukkah in the secret santa.

Thanks
Skitch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Coach wrote:
I'm really fine with what they are doing. They are promising a big year in 2011, so I'm cool with the new choices/increase.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, they haven't promised anything for 2011. The only thing that they've said is that they're taking a break for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:06 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

adamdude wrote:
the band really are turning into money hungry whores

I'd be shocked if the Ten Club even manages to break even. That may, in fact, be a major driver for this announcement.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:21 pm 
a joke

commo wrote:
ehh, i'll go analog.

I like the vinyls.
and a
free
free
free
free
free
t-shirt sounds good.

lol@

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:27 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Skitch Patterson wrote:
commo wrote:
ehh, i'll go analog.

I like the vinyls.
and a
free
free
free
free
free
t-shirt sounds good.

lol@

yeah no shit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:31 pm 
Poney Girl

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
commo wrote:
ehh, i'll go analog.

I like the vinyls.
and a
free
free
free
free
free
t-shirt sounds good.

lol@

yeah no shit

Would be a free t-shirt if membership was still 20bucks, FFS, we aren't stupid, or wait maybe we are.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:42 pm 
Supersonic

B wrote:
Coach wrote:
I'm really fine with what they are doing. They are promising a big year in 2011, so I'm cool with the new choices/increase.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, they haven't promised anything for 2011. The only thing that they've said is that they're taking a break for a while.

Didn't that Pearl Jam radio have some interviews where some band reps who said they expected to do some different things in 2011 to celebrate the band's birthday? Isn't that where the festival rumor got started?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:42 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Coach wrote:
B wrote:
Coach wrote:

Didn't that Pearl Jam radio have some interviews where some band reps who said they expected to do some different things in 2011 to celebrate the band's birthday? Isn't that where the festival rumor got started?

Yeah I remember something like that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:37 pm 
Got Some

Am I missing something about the seniority thing with analog vs digital? Both tiers say they offer pre sale access to tickets...so why are people assuming one does and one doesn't?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:43 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

MattA751 wrote:
Am I missing something about the seniority thing with analog vs digital? Both tiers say they offer pre sale access to tickets...so why are people assuming one does and one doesn't?

Who made that assumption?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:45 pm 
Unthought Known

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Coach wrote:
B wrote:
Coach wrote:

Yeah I remember something like that.

He must have meant charging more for fan club membership when he mentioned "new and exciting" things for 2011.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:50 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

MattA751 wrote:

:facepalm: who said anything about that?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:06 am 
Unthought Known

at a certain price, you kinda start expecting the fanclub single to be something more than throwaway shit, considering you can get a whole album for ten bucks...

last year was the first and only time i bought a membership. based on my location and the fact that i dont collect things, there really isnt any need for me to have one. but for others, it can be good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:33 am 
Former PJ Drummer

I'd pay a lot of money to be allowed to post on the pit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:33 am 
a joke

bmacsmith wrote:
at a certain price, you kinda start expecting the fanclub single to be something more than throwaway shit, considering you can get a whole album for ten bucks...

last year was the first and only time i bought a membership. based on my location and the fact that i dont collect things, there really isnt any need for me to have one. but for others, it can be good.

I got rid of my membership for a couple of reasons. When i knew we were about to start having kids, we weren't going on any overnights to shows (not that we did that often anyways), and they probably wouldnt be playing multiple in detroit on a regular basis. Also, the fact in detroit '03, they gave away lawn tickets to night 2.

Tickets aren't going to be hard to come by for me, and now i feel much better, as i can basically pay 25% over face value for one show as I can for a fan club membership that may or may not even matter in any given year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:43 am 
Stone's Bitch

I'll do whatever Eddie Vedder tells me to do. $40 membership here I come!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:47 am 
Unthought Known

Angus wrote:
I'd pay a lot of money to be allowed to post on the pit.

they never banned me from there after i stopped paying. still like to stop in and troll the cultists every once in a while.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:59 am 
Master of Meh

Skitch Patterson wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:

I got rid of my membership for a couple of reasons. When i knew we were about to start having kids, we weren't going on any overnights to shows (not that we did that often anyways), and they probably wouldnt be playing multiple in detroit on a regular basis. Also, the fact in detroit '03, they gave away lawn tickets to night 2.

Tickets aren't going to be hard to come by for me, and now i feel much better, as i can basically pay 25% over face value for one show as I can for a fan club membership that may or may not even matter in any given year.

That's a fair point - I could let mine lapse and just rejoin if there's a tour and only then if I plan on getting 10C tickets. Public sale tickets are cheaper and more reliable than fanclub tickets, so there doesn't seem much point really. On the other hand, it's only $20 - but still, it probably would make zero difference to me if I were a member or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:00 am 
Unthought Known

Skitch Patterson wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:

the only thing i really got out of it was the single, but paying 20$ for Turning Mist is pretty stupid. back in the day (before the internet) finding rarities, no matter how bad they were, was awesome and well worth the fee, but now whats the point?

glad i didnt get a membership in the early days, and feel like i have to renew every year to keep seniority. that doesnt sound fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 71  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam