Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
EllisEamos wrote:
thodoks wrote:
Spike wrote:
thodoks wrote:
Spike wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
You can't blame someone for not playing when injured. If you can't play, you can't play.


heh... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-311321

This is so awesome.

those jerks don't know what it's like to have girl parts.

So now you're attributing Cutler's mistakes to a smaller brain?

BAH!

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
Oh man it's so great watching this guy get crucified.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/23/jay- ... game-loss/

Quote:
Jay Cutler Nonchalantly Bails on Bears' Title-Game Loss
By David Whitley
National Columnist | Follow on Twitter: @WhitFanHouse

CHICAGO -- In honor of the Bears' demise in the NFC championship game, the league should commission Faberge to make a trophy for the losing team:

The Jay Cutler Egg.

Handle with extreme care or it will pretend to crack.


With the Packers frustrating him Sunday, Cutler limped off the field and ... no wait, he didn't limp off. He didn't even wobble. He just sort of slinked out of sight and never returned, triggering an avalanche of doubt and derision.

"Kneegate in Chicago," tweeted Redskins receiver Anthony Armstrong.

Was he or wasn't he injured? Only Cutler and every NFL player, fan and official seem to know for sure.

Everybody has an opinion. I think he was genuinely hurt, but then I bought every Milli Vanilli CD.

The fact is nobody but Cutler can say for sure. He's darned sure not getting the benefit of the doubt, however. And for that, the Bears quarterback has nobody to blame but himself.

Cutler simply doesn't look as if he cares. Beneath that nonchalance may burn the soul of Mike Ditka. But the public persona is arrogant and airheaded. Now you can add wimpy to the equation.

"Hey, I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now... When the going gets tough........QUIT." Maurice Jones-Drew tweeted during the game. "All I'm saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee...I played the whole season on one."

If nothing else, we found out Sunday how much respect Cutler has around the league. It's slightly more than Barry Manilow.

In seven first-half possessions, he led Chicago to six punts and an interception. On that sixth possession he was hit in the left knee. Or was it the right knee?

Whichever, Cutler went out for the final possession. He said he couldn't plant his leg properly, and the knee didn't respond to halftime treatment. All the TV audience and crowd at Soldier Field knew was 59-year-old Todd Collins came in early in the second half.

"FOX HAVEN'T SHOWED ANY TRAINERS LOOKING AT CUTLER, UMMM," tweeted Derrick Brooks, a former NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

Gosh, you've got to love Twitter. What it lacks in grammatical precision, it makes up for in unedited opinionating. And the fact is, it wasn't just the cynical media and howling Packers fans twittering with doubt.

Cutler's reaction?

"No comment," he said.

He should have called all the skeptics bad names and challenged them to a duel. That's the kind of moxie we want and expect from our jock heroes. When they get hurt, we want to see bones sticking out. We want X-rays where the anterior cruciate ligament looks like spaghetti.

We want to see grimacing and sucking it up and trainers having to pry a QB's cold, dead fingers off the football. One of the most famous photos in NFL history is of Y.A. Tittle sitting on his haunches, blood trickling down his bald head.

Cutler's pictures were of a guy wearing a hooded cape and looking bored. His injury didn't lead to Chicago's 21-14 loss. If anything, it helped the Bears' cause since they eventually got down to third-teamer Caleb Hanie.

Caleb Hanie?

He may sound like the trainer for an Amish square-dancing team, but young Caleb almost rallied Chicago to victory. His fire and resiliency only made Mr. Cool Cutler look worse on the sideline.

Hanie became a folk hero Sunday, while Cutler may have wimped his way out of town. This is the City of the Big Shoulders, not of Mysteriously Sprained Knees. The timing and location and choreography could not have been worse for Cutler.

"I know my knee," he said. "I know my body."

The rest of us can only make educated guesses. Back to Twitter, this time from Arizona's Darnell Dockett:

"If I'm on Chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!"

Cutler's teammates allowed him to shower with them. Whether they shared the soap might have been another matter.

"If there was any way he could have played, there's no question he would have," Greg Olsen said.

"Nothing like jealous people at home watching," Brian Urlacher said. "I love jealous people when they are watching our game on TV while their season is over."

To which a lot of players would tweet: "Jealous? Try Honest."

Brett Favre gets the benefit of the doubt in cases like this. Jay Cutler, not so much.

"I don't know exactly when it happened," Lovie Smith said. "He couldn't go and that was that. Let's go on to some other questions."

Sorry, this one's going to linger for a while. Cutler said he will get an MRI on Monday. His knee diagnosis after the game was pretty simple.

"It hurt," he said.

Problem was, he just didn't sell it. Cutler got dressed in his blue jeans and a purple coat, then he walked out of the locker room. There wasn't a hint of a limp.

Maybe Cutler simply doesn't care what people think and he never will. But for his sake, that MRI better look like a plate of spaghetti.

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
colt mccoy 2.0


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
Part of me wishes the Bears had won just to see who Lovie Smith started in the Super Bowl.

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:01 am 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:16 am
Posts: 2576
Location: Maine, formerly MA
thodoks wrote:
Part of me wishes the Bears had won just to see who Lovie Smith started in the Super Bowl.


I have to admit, once Cutler was out, I almost wanted to root for the Bears...ALMOST

_________________
4/11/94, 4/12/94, 9/15/98, 9/16/98, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/30/08, 5/17/10


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
MattA751 wrote:
thodoks wrote:
Part of me wishes the Bears had won just to see who Lovie Smith started in the Super Bowl.


I have to admit, once Cutler was out, I almost wanted to root for the Bears...ALMOST

:haha:

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Image
There might be some literal truth to it....
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... index.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
See you in another life, brother
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 13165
Gender: Male
Dude was hurt, c'mon guys.

_________________
"Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires."
-- John Steinbeck


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
There was a good point that that article I posted made. The Bears may have dropped the ball and contributed to the controversy by saying he was merely questionable, instead of worse. All of those players that tweeted may have thought, assuming that he was questionable, that questionable players play in a game like that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
i really hope it comes back that he blew something out.

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:47 pm
Posts: 9282
Location: Atlanta
Gender: Male
All pictures of Jay Cutler should henceforth be replaced in this thread with pictures of Kristin Cavallari.

_________________
Attention Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
Green Habit wrote:
There was a good point that that article I posted made. The Bears may have dropped the ball and contributed to the controversy by saying he was merely questionable, instead of worse. All of those players that tweeted may have thought, assuming that he was questionable, that questionable players play in a game like that.

He also didn't help his case by walking - unaided - to and from the locker room, along the sideline, and riding the stationary bike. Why did the trainers feel the injury was serious enough to warrant shutting him down, but not crutches? Or ice? Or a brace?

Let's also not lose sight of the fact he wasn't exactly lighting it up before he left the game.

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Camden Crew
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 am
Posts: 9057
Location: Camden, NJ
thodoks wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
There was a good point that that article I posted made. The Bears may have dropped the ball and contributed to the controversy by saying he was merely questionable, instead of worse. All of those players that tweeted may have thought, assuming that he was questionable, that questionable players play in a game like that.

He also didn't help his case by walking - unaided - to and from the locker room, along the sideline, and riding the stationary bike. Why did the trainers feel the injury was serious enough to warrant shutting him down, but not crutches? Or ice? Or a brace?

Let's also not lose sight of the fact he wasn't exactly lighting it up before he left the game.



im gonna go with the word of the trainers and the Bears medical staff over you from your couch on this one and say the guy was too hurt to play.

_________________
Frank Parisan was my friend. He was my Camden Brudda. He will be missed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm
Posts: 25824
Location: south jersey
Koufax wrote:
thodoks wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
There was a good point that that article I posted made. The Bears may have dropped the ball and contributed to the controversy by saying he was merely questionable, instead of worse. All of those players that tweeted may have thought, assuming that he was questionable, that questionable players play in a game like that.

He also didn't help his case by walking - unaided - to and from the locker room, along the sideline, and riding the stationary bike. Why did the trainers feel the injury was serious enough to warrant shutting him down, but not crutches? Or ice? Or a brace?

Let's also not lose sight of the fact he wasn't exactly lighting it up before he left the game.


im gonna go with the word of the trainers and the Bears medical staff over you from your couch on this one and say the guy was too hurt to play.

are you gonna ignore the nfl players who were saying the same thing as thodoks, too?

_________________
Feel the path of every day,... Which road you taking?,...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
warehouse wrote:
Koufax wrote:
im gonna go with the word of the trainers and the Bears medical staff over you from your couch on this one and say the guy was too hurt to play.

are you gonna ignore the nfl players who were saying the same thing as thodoks, too?
In fairness, those players were probably sitting on the couch, as well.

And definitely a fair point, Kris.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm
Posts: 25824
Location: south jersey
i dont care where they were sitting, they are professionals. i dunno what happened to him or how hurt he really was, but people cant blame it on cutler/bears hate w/ the diversity of people questions him.

_________________
Feel the path of every day,... Which road you taking?,...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Camden Crew
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 am
Posts: 9057
Location: Camden, NJ
warehouse wrote:
Koufax wrote:
thodoks wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
There was a good point that that article I posted made. The Bears may have dropped the ball and contributed to the controversy by saying he was merely questionable, instead of worse. All of those players that tweeted may have thought, assuming that he was questionable, that questionable players play in a game like that.

He also didn't help his case by walking - unaided - to and from the locker room, along the sideline, and riding the stationary bike. Why did the trainers feel the injury was serious enough to warrant shutting him down, but not crutches? Or ice? Or a brace?

Let's also not lose sight of the fact he wasn't exactly lighting it up before he left the game.


im gonna go with the word of the trainers and the Bears medical staff over you from your couch on this one and say the guy was too hurt to play.

are you gonna ignore the nfl players who were saying the same thing as thodoks, too?



yes, I am. theyre a bunch of assholes who should keep their mouths shut. couch potato doctors are fucking assholes. it doesnt make it right just because the player in question isnt liked or is unpopular.

_________________
Frank Parisan was my friend. He was my Camden Brudda. He will be missed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Camden Crew
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 am
Posts: 9057
Location: Camden, NJ
warehouse wrote:
i dont care where they were sitting, they are professionals. i dunno what happened to him or how hurt he really was, but people cant blame it on cutler/bears hate w/ the diversity of people questions him.



really? so these players who probably couldnt pass a 9th grade math class all of a sudden can diagnose patients by watching them on their televisions? REALLY?

Cutler was looked at by the medical staff at halftime, went out and tested it before the 3rd quarter, played one series and then determined something wasnt right. his team pulled him out. the docotrs who actually were there in person, not on the couch being morons

_________________
Frank Parisan was my friend. He was my Camden Brudda. He will be missed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
To be clear, I'm just enjoying the guy getting sh*t on. He played an entire year with undiagnosed diabetes, losing 30 lbs and no small amount of strength. He got banged up pretty good this year and was resilient. I'm sure he's physically tough. If he was legitimately injured, he shouldn't have been out there.

But he's also an overrated, selfish twat who has never shown any mental toughness. He's never not folded when it counts, and there are legitimate questions surrounding the circumstances of his exit yesterday. Would Tim Tebow have left that game? And if he had, would he have pouted on the sidelines and not helped his teammates afterwards? Be upset about having to leave the game Sunday night and into the next week; reserve the hours immediately following the injury to being the best teammate you can and help the third-string QB or the coaches or the trainer or somebody. All tools, no toolbox this guy.

Basically, he is what we thought he was.

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Jay Cutler Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
Do we know when the determination was made regarding the seriousness of the injury? The timeline is curious.

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:17 pm