Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post your Golf Scores
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:35 pm 
In a van down by the river

played 18 today. havent played a round of golf in 3 years and only hit the driving range 1 in that time.

shot a very respectable 47 on the front and back for a 94.

take away the snowmen i got on par 4s and i would have had a heartattack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:41 am 
Got Some

87 yesterday.

Started off really cold with 3 doubles in a row, then worked things out, and had a mid round stretch where I was 1 under for 6 holes. Then, my scores blew up again. Love this game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:17 pm 
Unthought Known

Hit the ball terrible last Saturday, yet shot 81, still not sure how, getting 3 birdies flattered the score. I had to add up my score 3 times to convince myself i shot 81.

Need to get out and practice my irons, i am just bunting them in the general direction of the hole then nailing my short game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:01 pm 
Stone's Bitch

88 yesterday. This course was the opposite of dense. I had to replace my lie on almost every shot because the fairways were mostly dirt or clover.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:06 pm 

we played in a swamp yesterday, it had rained for a good 10 hours, and 3 while we were playing. balls stopped dead in their tracks. my buddy buried 4 balls on the fringe due to the wetness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:23 pm 
Unthought Known

Peeps wrote:
we played in a swamp yesterday, it had rained for a good 10 hours, and 3 while we were playing. balls stopped dead in their tracks. my buddy buried 4 balls on the fringe due to the wetness

best thing to do with wet balls.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:07 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I like playing in wet conditions but that sounds like a bit too much. Hopefully you still had some fun out there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:57 pm 
Stone's Butch

Club champs on Saturday, excited/nervous.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:31 am 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I like playing in wet conditions but that sounds like a bit too much. Hopefully you still had some fun out there.

its always a fun time out with the family for golfing and despite the rain we did accomplish that

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:16 am 
Stone's Butch

Wet weather golf=no-go zone to me...anyone else with me?

I suppose it's different for you guys who have no chance of playing in winter, but any time it rains, or looks like belting it down, I'm a non-starter. Never played well in the rain - no matter what glove/grips I have, I can't put a proper swing on it. Greens slow up, a lot of sucker balls that can't be found in winter, not a fan.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:14 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Deano wrote:

I suppose it's different for you guys who have no chance of playing in winter, but any time it rains, or looks like belting it down, I'm a non-starter. Never played well in the rain - no matter what glove/grips I have, I can't put a proper swing on it. Greens slow up, a lot of sucker balls that can't be found in winter, not a fan.

Considering how wet it is here in the spring I don't really have much of a choice but to play in rain if I want to play in April or May. I don't like a torrential downpour but a nice little rain is cool and adds some softness to each shot. Also our golf season is only about 7 months long so I take what I can get.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:28 pm 
Administrator

Deano wrote:

The slow greens are the biggest problem for me. I cannot putt on a wet green. And since putting is the only thing I can do well right now....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:36 pm 
Got Some

Counter-intuitive as it may seem, a lot of the time when you play in Arizona in the summer the courses are very wet, whether we've had rain recently or not. Courses want to stay green and it takes so much water to keep them green when it's 110 and dry for 4 months that very often you end up with some pretty spongy areas.

I'm with the others here, though, the slower greens are my bigger concern. I like a golf course to be firm, but if it's not that's no deal breaker. But slow greens just kill me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:48 pm 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

Deano wrote:

I'm with you there. I've been playing regularly over the summer so I took the plunge and joined a club again, only played about 4 times since joining 2 months ago due to the rain!

I played at another course on sunday and shot 87, by far the best score of the year for me, I wanted to break 90 before the summer was done, so I'm happy.

In a recent survey 32% of men claimed they preferred blondes, the other 68% said they'd take what they could get.

Flips: ATA Hangover technician

"Andy is called Andy" Mookieblaylock in London 18/06/07 :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:57 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Flips wrote:
Deano wrote:

I'm with you there. I've been playing regularly over the summer so I took the plunge and joined a club again, only played about 4 times since joining 2 months ago due to the rain!

I played at another course on sunday and shot 87, by far the best score of the year for me, I wanted to break 90 before the summer was done, so I'm happy.

That was my goal this year too and I've been shooting in the mid 80s to low 90s since June. It feels good to get better as the year progresses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:10 pm 
Got Some

Monkey_Driven wrote:
That was my goal this year too and I've been shooting in the mid 80s to low 90s since June. It feels good to get better as the year progresses.

I'm with you on that. My scores were awful early in the year, now I'm comfortably down in the mid 80s again. This is always my annual trend, which is annoying because in 2 months I'll be done playing for another 6 months. Hopefully, I'll be peaking next week though - headed to Myrtle Beach next week for a golfing wknd.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:17 am 
Administrator

mray10 wrote:
Counter-intuitive as it may seem, a lot of the time when you play in Arizona in the summer the courses are very wet, whether we've had rain recently or not. Courses want to stay green and it takes so much water to keep them green when it's 110 and dry for 4 months that very often you end up with some pretty spongy areas.

I'm with the others here, though, the slower greens are my bigger concern. I like a golf course to be firm, but if it's not that's no deal breaker. But slow greens just kill me.

Ever play Longbow? Their greens are nice and quick. I've always found the greens there, and across the street at Las Sendas, to be superb.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:36 pm 
Got Some

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
mray10 wrote:

Ever play Longbow? Their greens are nice and quick. I've always found the greens there, and across the street at Las Sendas, to be superb.

It's on my list of places I haven't played but want to, but I'm just nowhere neat the SE part of town. And we have a baby now so i rarely play anyway. Someday.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:33 pm 

Flips wrote:
Deano wrote:

i havent golfed much in the rain, probably less than 5 times in my life. it definitely takes a different mindset. you can be way more aggressive with your shots as your likely to stick the green and not get much roll on it.

i think it really helped me last week when i played because i am sure id have overshot the greens something major as well as long putted. im fairly good at judging putts regardless of the weather and i dont think i more than three putted any of the greens to me recollection.

but the fairway or just off the fairway shots were miserable

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:28 am 
Stone's Butch

Club champs...DQed. Forgot to sign my card. My fault, but annoys you about the pedantic nature of golf's rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports