Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: 2012-11-15: Dallas, TX: Music Hall at Fair Park (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Post subject: Re: 2012-04-30: Dallas, TX: Music Hall at Fair Park (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:43 am 
Got Some

Damn double post....

Last edited by C4Lukin on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 2012-04-30: Dallas, TX: Music Hall at Fair Park (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:44 am 
Got Some

Wow, this is like the ultimate Texas tour. I wish it was the whole band, but shit, nice to see Eddie giving us some love. I am actually taking my mom to this concert. She finally loves his voice. Looking forward to Betterman, Just Breathe, Last Kiss, Immortality, and Black. That is all she knows. But she is a singer so she will probably appreciate anything he does. I feel weird about taking my mom to a concert, but fuck it. It should be fun. If it was Pearl Jam I would take one of my friends, but it just being Eddie, it is a nice chance to share an experiene with me mum.

Post subject: Re: 2012-11-15: Dallas, TX: Music Hall at Fair Park (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm 
Got Some

Edited cut & paste from the pit:

Walking The Cow
Brain Damage/Sometimes
Can’t Keep
Sleeping By Myself
Without You
Needle & The Damage Done- Dedicated To Andy Wood
Don’t Be Shy
Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town {Ed messes up/forgets lyrics part way through but gets back on track}
Far Behind
No Ceiling
Setting Forth
Guaranteed
Rise
Long NIghts w/ Glen Hansard
Driftin’
Betterman
Immortality
Lukin
Porch

I Believe in Miracles
Patriot
Just Breathe-another Willie Nelson reference
Unthought Known
Tonight, You Belong To Me w/ Courtney Ateyeh
Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
Sleepless Nights w/ Glen-(no mikes)
Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard
Crazy Mary
The End
Rockin’ In The Free World-{Ed’s guitar cable unseats partially causing the instrument to crackle and break up briefly}

Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard & Courtney Ateyeh

Notes:

earlier in the show someone yelled “Dallas sucks”. Ed asks why they are starting off so negative. Presumedly the audience shouts “We love you Eddie but Dallas sucks”. Ed says he has no reason to think that is true, yet. He talks about playing Dallas several times in the early days. “We haven’t played here in ten years or so. I don’t know why, blame management I guess...they get 10% of the blame they get 10% of everything else.” He talks about how much fun they had playing Dallas in the earlier days and ask “why do you have to be so negative you Dallas hating motherfucker? I am sorry, I should say cocksucker. So what did your mother do?...No, no, I am gonna stop right there....” Ed starts to list some of the great people from Dallas, mostly sports figures.
Ed talks about the campfire on stage also making it warmer. He talks about smoking pot around the campfire. Someone in the audience shouts a request for “Oceans”. Ed says, “See what happens when people drink? They get loud and shout stuff. Get that guy a joint. You know for you people shouting song titles I don’t even listen to that until maybe the end of the show. I know what I am doing, guaranteed.
Ed notes the building was built in 1925 and that it looks great. He says you probably can’t see it from the back but this is a mandolin. “The ukulele”, he says, “is a cheap date, the mandolin is an aristocratic bitch.”
“ This next song isn’t about yeast, It isn’t about Jesus, It isn’t about the relationship about yeast and Jesus or erections..” At this point a woman who has been screaming and whooping through the entire discussion/show whoops even louder. Ed says, “she must really love erections”. She whoops and agrees. Ed “who doesn’t love erections? She must have been really excited last week she thought it was erection day. She probably went into the booth and closed the curtains and ended up being disappointed.”
Ed ask Glen to come out. The same woman continues whooping and yelling. She shouts to Glen “I love your hat” . Ed says to Glen, “I should get off the subject but I think she likes it because it looks like an erection.” More screaming ensues. Finally Ed says “okay, I hear you..you are gonna have to settle down, I haven’t seen you yet and I am sure we could be friends. I can even take the high pitched yelling but I am afraid the two people behind you are going to murder you so please settle down, let’s start this relationship over.”
more continuous shouts of “I love you Eddie”. Ed says, “whatta you want to hear? A sad song or a sad song?” general request shouting. Ed, “I could play them both. I am just going to San Antonio next so...I will just play this one
Ed tells the crowd he doesn’t know what he is going to play. He asks the crowd what he should play. The audience shouts a bunch of stuff. Ed tells them they should have a representative. Ed singles out a person and says, “Just this guy..let’s see the sign. Pass the signs up, I can’t see them. He wants a Ramones song. That would be great if they were with me. He starts strumming “I Believe In Miracles” and talks about getting to know Johnny Ramone and bonding over baseball. He also talks about Johnny’s encyclopedic knowledge of music, especially early rock and roll. He lists some of the artists that Johnny introduced him to. He says that on the day Johnny died he gave Ed a game. Sort of a trivial pursuit about baseball, “...Johnny knew all the answers.” then he starts really playing the song.
Ed picks up his electric guitar but it is out of tune. He asks for a new guitar. Some punter yells “can’t you tune your guitar?” Jokingly Ed yells “Fuck You” to the guy. His tech George yells “Yeah!” at the guy. Ed goes on, “This is going to make me sound like a jerk but I can afford to have a guy tune my guitar for me. I love tuning guitars but there is nothing more boring during a show than listening to a guy tune.”
Ed’s friend, voice of The Cubs, Keith Moreland is at the show and brought a friend or family member that Ed wants to join him to sing a song he can’t play with Glen because “people might get the wrong idea. I am fine with that. Glen is a fine singer. Glen is fine. but I am worried what my wife and his girlfriend will think. Glen’s girlfriend is named Heddy. If I had met her first she might have been Heddy Vedder...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Sounds like Eddie had his hands full with that Dallas crowd. Can't say I'm surprised.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:46 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Sounds like a fun show actually.
I like when Ed challenges the shouters.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:57 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Oh, not me. Tension makes me nervous.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:15 pm 
Master of Meh

That guitar tuning conversation is great.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:50 am 
Spacegirl

did he look like at cat?

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live