Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: The New 10c Memberships(now with Anal Log)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:30 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

ejny wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Charlie wrote:
spenno wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
scott, renew for full membership. This is the squeeze. The bounce is on the way hopefully. It can only get better.

Oh, come on, you don't really believe that.

of course he does.

Want to believe it'll get better. Plus i'm really holding out for the No Code/Yield super deluxe reissue if i'm honest. plus whatever vinyl's coming of the new record.

Has there been any indication that they would even reissue these?

Even though I'd be interested in what might be included with these, I have my doubts they'll even be offered. The band didn't seem too interested in spending anymore energy with these projects.

It seems like the first 3 albums would naturally be reissued. They really represented PJ at its peak in popularity.

Tim B's statment of AET was that he saw no reason why they wouldn't keep creating these boxed sets as long as there was demand. Take that for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 pm 
a joke

¡B! wrote:

Tim B's statment of AET was that he saw no reason why they wouldn't keep creating these boxed sets as long as there was demand. Take that for what it's worth.

You mean the demand that resulted in a price cut, free shipping, and random giveaways to encourage purchases?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:39 pm 
Master of Meh

Skitch Patterson wrote:
¡B! wrote:

You mean the demand that resulted in a price cut, free shipping, and random giveaways to encourage purchases?

lol - yes, that demand.

dimejinky99 wrote:
Plus i'm really holding out for the No Code/Yield super deluxe reissue if i'm honest. plus whatever vinyl's coming of the new record.

Now, I really don't get this. You're hanging on for even more Pearl Jam stuff? Not looking forward to the new album itself, just the new useless artifact it's printed on?

'Oh, I don't care for their music - I'm just here for the beanies and stickers!'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:45 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Judgemental much? Those boxsets are cool. Coulda included a lot more in the way of footage but I'm in if they're doing them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 pm 
Master of Meh

dimejinky99 wrote:
Judgemental much? Those boxsets are cool. Coulda included a lot more in the way of footage but I'm in if they're doing them.

I thought those boxsets were awful. Heavy on packaging (and price), very light on worthwhile content.

I genuinely hope they don't release anymore. If they do it'll mean one more vintage live show that will get an edited release with a bad mix, reducing the likelihood of it being part of a future Vault release.

What I said wasn't meant to sound overly harsh, but all the things you mentioned looking forward to were basically Pearl Jam merchandise. That struck me as kind of strange.

Last edited by spenno on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:53 pm 
Got Some

spenno wrote:
future Vault release.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:56 pm 
Master of Meh

ejny wrote:
spenno wrote:
future Vault release.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:59 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, i used to be a big PJ merch junkie. Not anymore. Not even posters. Have all the ones I want. The boxsets were a hit or miss situation depending on your wants but had they sold the contents separately they'd have fared better i reckon. i only ever wanted the composition books really. But I got into them hoping one day for a No Code reissue. I'm hopeful. that'll be the jewel in the crown whatever happens.

yeah. chuckles.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:13 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Skitch Patterson wrote:
¡B! wrote:

Yeah, $150 is a regular fire sale.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:22 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

I'd love to know the actual production price per unit of those boxsets. surely it couldnt be all that much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

dimejinky99 wrote:
Yeah, i used to be a big PJ merch junkie. Not anymore. Not even posters. Have all the ones I want. The boxsets were a hit or miss situation depending on your wants but had they sold the contents separately they'd have fared better i reckon. i only ever wanted the composition books really. But I got into them hoping one day for a No Code reissue. I'm hopeful. that'll be the jewel in the crown whatever happens.

yeah. chuckles.
I wish Pearl Jam could just put out really solid, 2 cd/ dvd re-releases that are the standard. The dvd being a complete live show and whatever videos were done for the album. A bonus would be a 5.1 remix of the original album. One cd being the original album and b-sides, and the other cd being assorted unreleased songs, cool demos and some live songs. It's not rocket science.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

tyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

yeah. chuckles.
I wish Pearl Jam could just put out really solid, 2 cd/ dvd re-releases that are the standard. The dvd being a complete live show and whatever videos were done for the album. A bonus would be a 5.1 remix of the original album. One cd being the original album and b-sides, and the other cd being assorted unreleased songs, cool demos and some live songs. It's not rocket science.

Kim Jong Un post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 pm 
Force of Nature

spenno wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Plus i'm really holding out for the No Code/Yield super deluxe reissue if i'm honest. plus whatever vinyl's coming of the new record.

Now, I really don't get this. You're hanging on for even more Pearl Jam stuff? Not looking forward to the new album itself, just the new useless artifact it's printed on?

'Oh, I don't care for their music - I'm just here for the beanies and stickers!'

That's a bit rough. I don't think looking forward to a boxset reissue or the new album have to be mutually exclusive.

If I'm ever in the mood to put some early PJ vinyl on the turntable I always got to the reissues first instead of the original pressings. They're nicer to play. I still want to see a new record though.

Post subject: Re: The New 10c Memberships(now with Anal Log & stickers!)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:30 am 
Got Some

No Code box set:

1) No Code original disc + remastered disc
2) Includes No Code session songs not on the album: Don't Gimme No Lip, Dead Man, and Black Red Yellow
3) All 144 polaroids in a custom sleeve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:32 am 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

No Code Vitalogy and Riot Act need no remastering whatsoever. They sound perfect as they are.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:23 am 
Unthought Known

k people, no messin around with the thread title. Leave the funny to me.

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Does Redmosquito22 post here? Since I am banned over there, I just wanted to remind him he is a douchbag. I'd appreciate if anyone could pass that along.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:36 pm 
Unthought Known

dimejinky99 wrote:
No Code Vitalogy and Riot Act need no remastering whatsoever. They sound perfect as they are.

I see no scenario where a re-mastered Riot Act could be better than the original. It's far and away the best sounding PJ album.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 pm 
Force of Nature

mick7184 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I see no scenario where a re-mastered Riot Act could be better than the original. It's far and away the best sounding PJ album.

Tru dat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

mick7184 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I used to think that. And it does sound amazing. But No Code is the best sounding PJ album.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 71  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam