Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: ***The Official WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread***
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:48 pm 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

Dolph Ziggler's match at Summer Slam vs Chris Jericho was super! I love this fellow his is an exciting wrestler indeed!

I thought CM Punk's tights he wore in the main event were gnarley. If Hitman ever wore short tights those would be ones he'd wear! They looked very much like Harts Black panted tights with the white stripe and pink fire trim! They were so neat!

I always record WWE RAW to try to watch the couple matches at the top the hours that are decent. I wish the matches were longer on RAW, maybe now that the shows longer the matches will go longer. That was something I used to love about the WGN Program WWE Superstars was that there was no bullshit, just wrestling, and the matches usually went at least 15 or so, which in todays world is a decent amount of time for a TV match!

I love wrestling and with all the new up and coming fellows right now, i mean all coming up around the same time to main event levels, it is a indeed a fun time to be a fan.

That and seeing X Pac's rotund stomach on RAW 3 weeks ago was entertaing as well. Bad Ass Billy Gunn looked great, and Road Dog looked ok, but I could not belive how big X pac's stomach had gotten, and the rest of his body isn't fat, just his stomach. So comical indeed!

Anyway, glad to see the younger fellows making thier way up in the WWE, and getting better as the go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:23 pm 
Unthought Known

if you've got some time to kill, take a stroll down memory lane

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:00 am 
Unthought Known

**Rey Mysterio is on the shelf -- again -- with a concussion.

**Tammy Sytch, a.k.a. Sunny, has been discharged from a WWE-sponsored rehab program for her addictions.

**Daffney (Shannon Spruill) was in a car accident a couple of days ago, and posted this on her Facebook account:

:Monday night I was in a car accident. I was driving along I-4 and I hydroplaned at 70 mph, went off the road, and my car flipped. I landed upside-down in 3 feet of water. I was able to climb out of the passenger side and waded to safety. Luckily someone saw and stopped to help. It took 2 1/2 hours to tow my car out as it was wedged deep in the ditch in the woods.

Thank God I had my seatbelt on. If I hadn't I'm sure my injuries would have been much worse...if not fatal. I want to emphasize to all my Daffanatics to please remember to buckle up.

I cannot explain the feeling I had when I realized what had happened. When I saw my totaled car the next day at the junkyard it really hit me. I'm so grateful to be alive. Now, I'm just trying to pick up the pieces and get things back to normal.

I lost a lot of things that night. As I landed in so much water - my phone, ipod, video camera (with all the bonus footage for Shine 2), some clothing, and some other things were destroyed. They are all material objects and can be replaced, however it is going to cost a pretty penny.

I will be auctioning off quite a few items in the near future to try and make up for this loss, so please check out ebay in case you see something you like and want to bid.

Thanks for letting me share this unfortunate incident with you guys, and thanks in advance for the love and support.

Live LOUD (but be careful driving in the rain)

**The story of rights fee for sports escalating continued on Tuesday with a major announcement by ESPN that they have extended their deal with Major League Baseball for another eight-years and doubling the rights fees of their previous deal. The new deal will see ESPN pay MLB $5.6-billion over the next eight-years ($700-million per season) for non-exclusive rights to air games and also gives them the rights to one Wild Card game in the post season. This is a worth noting if you follow the business of MMA and Pro Wrestling with the belief that rights fees for sports will continue to grow (the NHL was a major recipient of this trend last year on NBC) because of the idea people still want to watch their sports live and are more attractive to advertisers rather than shows are viewed more on DVRs. The UFC currently makes in the ballpark of $100-million per year with their deal on FOX while the WWE deal with the USA Network is noticeably less and providing more content.

**The ‘Smackdown’ television tapings are in Green Bay, Wisconsin tonight featuring Randy Orton Vs Dolph Ziggler in the main event.

**Mick Foley discussed his relationship with Triple H on Twitter earlier today:

Can I clear up this rumor about me not getting along with Triple H?

Triple H is the man responsible for bringing me back to WWE. I am very happy in my role as WWE Ambassador, and have a variety of WWE projects due out in the next few months: a children's book, a set of cards that I did the writing for, and the WWE13 game that I am apparently featured prominently in. I am hoping to use the release of the book to become a much larger part of WWE's "BeASTAR" campaign.

WWE has gone out of their way to clear considerable chunks of time for me, including the Montreal and Edinburgh comedy festivals and the upcoming Singapore Writer's Festival (more on that in a few days) and February tour of Australia.

And if I ever feel like I need a quick Foley fix; like I absolutely need to hear thousands of people chanting my name? Well,pretty much any house show I want to appear at is just a phone call (or text) away.

There is no higher form of flattery for me than showing up on another WWE Superstar's highlight video. I was thrilled to be there three times for Triple H.

Bottom line: I'm happy. I'm part of the company I love, and I get to try things on my own. Thank you, Triple H, for bringing me back to WWE.

**Mick Foley recently appeared on Kevin Smith and Jen Schwalbach’s ‘Plus One’ podcast on the Smodcast network for a two-hour chat discussing his entire wrestling career, the move over to comedy (and doesn’t label himself a stand-up) as well as his great work with the RAINN organization, definitely worth the time if you can catch it.

**Dave Meltzer noted on ‘Wrestling Observer Radio’ Tuesday that The Rock suffered a Grade 2 hamstring tear at WrestleMania so it was only a partial tear rather than a full one and did not require surgery and rehabbed on his own as he continued to work on various projects after ‘Mania.

**In case you were curious about the eating habits of Big Show and John Cena your questions can now be answered courtesy of The Herald Sun in Australia.

**There was one dark match after ‘Raw’ went off the air last night with John Cena defeating Big Show after hitting the AA. They announced to the live crowd that they would be returning to Milwaukee on Sunday March 10th for a house show.

**Dave Bautista will be a guest on ‘MMA Uncensored Live’ on Thursday September 6th at 11pm EST on Spike TV discussing his fight against Rashid Evans in October.

**Ric Flair is petitioning to get a spot in ‘The Hangover 3’ movie, which comes out in May 2013.

**CM Punk has now hit 282-days as the WWE Champion surpassing the title runs of Yokozuna (1993/94), JBL (2004/05) and John Cena (2005/06), which were all 280-days. The next title record is 293-days for the Ultimate Warrior’s reign in 1990/91.

**Here are the current matches announced for Ring of Honor’s ‘Death Before Dishonor X’ iPPV event on September 15th at the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, Illinois:
*Kevin Steen Vs Rhino for the ROH Title
*Adam Cole Vs Mike Mondo for the Television Title
*The return of Davey Richards

**Ring of Honor will be holding their annual ‘Survival of the Fittest’ tournament on September 22nd in Baltimore, Maryland the DuBurns Arena. Thus far they have announced Jay Lethal, Mike Bennett, Roderick Strong, Homicide, Michael Elgin, Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly for the tournament with the winner getting a future ROH Title shot.

**The WWE debuted their new ‘Saturday Morning Slam’ show this past weekend with Josh Mathews and Santino Marella (still wearing the U.S. Title as the match was taped two-weeks ago). The show is 30-minutes and features a number of features and then one match within the half hour. The WWE has also announced that all the matches will be aimed at a children’s audience and there will be no offensive moves or holds aimed at the neck of an opponent.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:26 pm 
Unthought Known

**Ariane Andrew, who is the dancer for Brodus Clay known as Cameron, was arrested early on August 24 and charged with driving under the influence in Tampa, Florida. She was released on a bond. Andrew has avoided being let go by the company and has instead been suspended for 15-days retroactive to Friday and will be eligible to return September 14th.

**Michelle McCool and Mark Callaway -- The Undertaker -- welcomed a baby girl, Kaia Faith Calaway, into the world last week. It is Taker's fourth child.

**It was reported in the ‘Wrestling Observer Newsletter’ this past week by Dave Meltzer that Ric Flair and his wife Jacqueline Beems are going through a divorce and would be the fourth one for Flair. The couple was married in November of 2009.

**Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, who starred in the 1989 ‘No Holds Barred’ film alongside Hulk Hogan as ‘Zeus’ has admitted to being a part of a major mortgage fraud scandal. Lister has agreed to plead guilty in the case, which bilked lenders out of $3.8-million and faces up to five-years in prison.

**Former WCW performer Tony Mamaluke recently spoke to ProWrestling.net about Vince Russo and his contributions to WCW:

What he did, and why he sucks the most, is he took everything in wrestling, all the rules, and he systematically broke them all, one by one by one, and did it in front of your face and laughed at you while he did it. He spit on the entire business for fifty years before it. He insulted everybody that ever cared about the business and everybody who ever was in the business. And if I ever see him personally I'm going to punch him square in the chest so hard that he can't breathe.

**Comedian Amy Schumer, who has been featured on a number of the Comedy Central Roasts and ‘Last Comic Standing’ recently appeared on the Howard Stern Show and discussed dating Dolph Ziggler for a period of time but the two are no longer together and she also discussed Ziggler over the weekend in her act.

**Ric Flair is scheduled to appear at the Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling show on October 20th in Kannapolis, North Carolina.

**The debut episode of WWE ‘Saturday Morning Slam’ did a 0.7 rating and averaged 1,130,000 viewers this past Saturday on CW.

**Following last night’s show, here are the updated point totals for the Bound for Glory Series tournament:
*James Storm – 73-points
*Samoa Joe – 68-points
*Rob Van Dam / Bully Ray – 55-points
*A.J. Styles – 50-points
*Jeff Hardy – 49-points
*Kurt Angle – 48-points
*Mr. Anderson – 47-points
*Christopher Daniels – 33-points
*Magnus – 28-points
*Robbie E – 12-points
*The Pope – 7-points

**Next week’s final BFG Series matches will be Samoa Joe Vs Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam Vs Bully Ray.

**Amidst talk online that CM Punk may have bladed during his match with Jerry Lawler on Monday night, he has posted a graphic photo online of the cut to the top of his head with numerous staples inserted to close the wound as proof he did not blade. Punk also said he paid Charles Robinson’s fine of $500k, which no way could be a legitimate figure.

**CM Punk on Twitter:

I'm stoked to be in Sydney and nowhere near the RNC to hear how they intended to limit the rights of women and destroy the education system.

**The Layla Vs Kaitlyn match for the Diva’s Title will take place at ‘Night of Champions’ on September 16th.

**Mick Foley and Roddy Piper will team up on November 19th for a comedy show in Chicago entitled ‘Days of the Dead’ and both performing on the show. Tickets are available at http://www.DaysoftheDead.net/chicago.

**QT Marshall has been added to the Ring of Honor ‘Survival of the Fittest’ tournament that takes place September 22nd in Baltimore, Maryland at the DuBurns Arena.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:08 pm 
Unthought Known

**Katrina Waters, better known most recently as Winter in TNA, and before that as Katie Burchill in WWE, has let it be known that she is done with TNA, and posted this on her official website, K-Waters.net: "Just wanted to make an update and let everyone know Kat’s contract with TNA is officially up! Which means she is free to do DVDs, bookings, iPPVs, and whatever else! If interested please send emails to infamousbookings@hotmail.com. This is definitely not bad news, as she is now free to move onto bigger and better things! Good luck with whatever else you are pursuing Kat!!"

**TMZ has posted a photo of Triple H with a much, much shorter hairdo, perhaps one might even call it corporate.

**WWE announced that it will be touring Egypt for three nights from Thursday, October 18 through Saturday, October 20, 2012 at the Cairo Stadium Complex.

**WWE Diva Eve Torres actually on the NBC reality series Stars Earn Stripes, and her prize money when to the USO. It wasn't promoted much on Raw because the show ran at the same time.

**Bret "The Hitman" Hart is being advertised for Monday Night Raw next week from Montreal.

**Wade Barrett is back in action on the Smackdown brand.

**Some of the more interesting, non-PPV WWE DVDs coming down the pipe include: Brock Lesnar - Here Comes the Pain Collector's Edition DVD and Blu Ray (Oct. 30), New World Order DVD (Nov. 6), WWE The Attitude Era DVD and Blu Ray (Nov. 20).

**Paul Heyman is expected to continue working with WWE alongside CM Punk, and keeping the whole Brock Lesnar situation alive too.

**TNA will be creating a new show just for the United Kingdom, which will run on Challenge TV, the home of TNA television in the UK. Word is that it will be called Bootcamp and have British workers vying for a TNA contract.

**The WWE Network has undergone some major changes behind the scenes with the entire concept being re-worked. In a nutshell the company was hoping to present this to all the cable and satellite networks and no one was biting on the viability of the network. The subscription model was going to be a tough road as well with break even being extremely difficult in this climate and what they could potentially being giving up and costs associated to make it a worthwhile venture. There is no roll out date set in stone and it is expected the WWE will be announcing some form of partnership in regards to the network and not to expect the WWE Network to be part of any basic cable packages.

**PWinsider.com reports that Bully Ray has signed a new deal with TNA believed to be for two-years. His contract came due at the end of August along with Devon’s with the company opting not to re-sign Devon. The two entered the company in October 2005 right when they launched on Spike TV after being released by the WWE in July of 2005.

**Ring of Honor returns to Charlotte, North Carolina on Saturday night headlined by Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino Vs The Briscoe Brothers & Rhett Titus in a Steel Cage Match.

**EVOLVE holds an iPPV on Saturday night from Voorhees, New Jersey and airing at WWNLive.com.

**Kurt Angle worked the TNA house show thurs night in Dalton, Georgia and was working with a pulled hamstring and his match with Mr. Anderson ended early and was helped to the back by officials as he was limping.

**Here is the updated card for this Sunday’s ‘No Surrender’ pay-per-view in Orlando, Florida:
*Austin Aries Vs THE ARM BREAKER
*James Storm Vs Bully Ray in the semi-finals of the BFG Series
*Samoa Joe Vs Jeff Hardy in the semi-finals of the BFG Series
*Finals of the BFG Series
*Christopher Daniels & Kazarian Vs Kurt Angle & A.J. Styles for the Tag Titles
*Zema Ion Vs Sonjay Dutt for the X Division Title
*Miss Tessmacher Vs Tara for the Knockout’s Title
*Rob Van Dam Vs Magnus

**Jim Ross posted on Twitter that the ‘Raw’ television tapings on October 1st in Oklahoma City will be a special night for him hinting at a possible ceremony for him for the local market.

**Bill Goldberg appeared on the 4th and Pain program and discussed how he wanted to lose to Kevin Nash at ‘Starrcade’ 1998 when the streak ended and proposed being tased legitimately (remember this is the same guy who didn’t want the glass to be gimmicked when he put his arm through a limousine that took him out of action for six-months in 2000):

I'm upset because they wouldn't let Scott Hall hit me with the (Taser) with the barbs in it. Because that's what I want. I figured if I'm going down, I want you to stick me for real. But, it is what it is. A few weeks after Kevin Nash was put on the booking committee, Kevin Nash gets to beat me first. But hey, it is what it is.

**Ric Flair’s non-compete clause from TNA expired this week.

**Here is a clip that has been posted from John Philapavage and his team that is working on an unauthorized ECW documentary and looking to raise funds on Kickstarter.com (search ‘ECW’). The documentary features interviews from just about everyone (the exception being Paul Heyman) and tons of rare clips they have shot.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:28 pm 
Stone's Bitch

p911gt10c wrote:
**Katrina Waters, better known most recently as Winter in TNA, and before that as Katie Burchill in WWE, has let it be known that she is done with TNA, and posted this on her official website, K-Waters.net: "Just wanted to make an update and let everyone know Kat’s contract with TNA is officially up! Which means she is free to do DVDs, bookings, iPPVs, and whatever else! If interested please send emails to infamousbookings@hotmail.com. This is definitely not bad news, as she is now free to move onto bigger and better things! Good luck with whatever else you are pursuing Kat!!"

Hotmail account? Must be really legit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

BRET FUCKING HART tonight, bitches! One of the best ever. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:52 pm 
Unthought Known

Lawler gets positive news
By SLAM! Wrestling

Jerry "The King" Lawler, hospitalized in Montreal after a heart attack on Monday during RAW, received some positive news today -- he did not suffer brain damage.

Following his heart attack on Monday, it took EMTs about 15 minutes to revive Lawler. During that time without oxygen, a patient can suffer brain damage. A CT scan today revealed that Lawler is believed to be in the clear.

Joe Cooper, Lawler's best friend and business partner, confirmed the results to WMC-TV in Memphis, one of many media outlets in Memphis keeping tabs on Lawler, who has unsuccessfully run for mayor in the city on a couple of occasions.

His ex-wife, "The Kat" Stacy Carter posted similar news on her Facebook page: "Great news for Jerry!!! The rumors are true. The results from the test are in. He has NO brain damage!!!! I'm not sure what the next step is or when he can go home, but this is such awesome news!!!!!"

TMZ spoke with Kevin Lawler, one of Lawler's two sons, who said that his father still cannot speak because of all the tubes, but that he is writing detailed notes.

On Tuesday, Lawler underwent angioplasty heart surgery and is expected to remain in hospital for some time.

Michael Cole appeared on Fox and Friends and talked about Jerry Lawler and broadcasting throughout the whole incident on Monday.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:04 pm 
Unthought Known

**The movie Spring Breakers had its premiere at the Toronto Film Festival this past week. The movie has received a lot of publicity for its violence and its R-rating, considering that it stars former Disney princesses Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens. Jeff Jarrett has a small role in the movie, and the "man in the street" opinion is that his performance was excellent.

**Understandably, the Pat Patterson Appreciation Night scheduled for Montreal was postponed.

**Ring of Honor has announced that Matt Hardy will be at the Death Before Dishonor iPPV this Saturday night in Chicago Ridge, Illinois to start an angle.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:14 pm 
Unthought Known

**Jerry Lawler’s status has improved tremendously over the past 24-hours. It was reported Wednesday morning that he suffered no brain damage during the time he was unconscious on Monday night and is responding to those in the hospital and even talking in small amounts. He remains in a Montreal hospital we speak but we spoke to someone close to the situation and he is very much hoping to get back home as soon as possible. Lawler is extremely lucky and had this been someone else and the EMT’s not acted as quickly as they did this could have been fatal.

His son Kevin Lawler spoke with him today and told WREG that the doctors don’t see a reason why he couldn’t wrestle again someday.

Lawler was walking today but still in a lot of pain.

The mun2 and Universal HD editions of Raw were massively edited with Michael Cole voicing the final hour of the show and all references to Jerry Lawler edited off the broadcast. The Score kept the Monday broadcast the same for its replay on Tuesday afternoon in Canada.

**CHIKARA holds their annual King of Trios tournament this weekend in Easton, Pennsylvania.

**Devon appeared on the Monday Night Mayhem program to confirm that his contract with TNA expired on August 28th and said he is open to returning to TNA or going to the WWE in the future.

**TNA has announced a deal with Screenvision to air Bound for Glory in one hundred movie theatres across the U.S. on October 14th.

**Paul Heyman is scheduled for the September 22nd WWE live event in White Plains, New York and September 23rd in Worcester, Massachusetts.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:15 am 
Unthought Known

**Eve Torres announced on her Twitter site that she is now engaged to Rener Gracie, a member of the famous jiu jistu family.

**TNA has released Mark Haskins.

**Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that JBL will be calling the show alongside Michael Cole tonight and is also expected to be at Raw tomorrow night in Bridgeport. Jim Ross is also expected to be at the show tonight but it is unknown if he will be used on the broadcast. I understand the WWE loves to do surprises but I would actually want this news to be leaked out because JBL is held in high regard for time as a commentator and it may push a few last minute buys for people on the fence.

**John Cena will be debuting a new black and pink t-shirt tonight with the slogan “Rise Above Cancer” that he will wear throughout the rest of this month and October for Breast Cancer Awareness month and raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Cena noted in an article in the Boston Herald that his brother is a brain cancer survivor and early detection likely saved his life.

**Matt Morgan returned to TNA last night at the house show in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and laid out Robbie E. Morgan’s contract expired months ago and dropped tons of hints online that he was WWE bound but either the pending lawsuit between the two companies or another factor led to that deal falling through and Morgan is back. It’s strange that they would throw him out on a house show whereas Morgan being revealed as a member of Aces and 8’s would be a legitimate surprise given the knowledge of his status of his contract and they opted to do a surprise on a house show instead.

**Randy Orton posted that filming for 12 Rounds begins this Wednesday in Vancouver and made a joke about not knowing who will be playing his wife this time. It was expected tonight would be his final show but he could easily be used tomorrow night on Raw.

**Ring of Honor has already announced the following matches for their next iPPV “Glory By Honor XI” on October 13th in Mississauga, Ontario:
*Kevin Steen Vs Michael Elgin for the ROH Title
*Adam Cole Vs Eddie Edwards for the Television Title
*Mike Bennett Vs Mike Mondo

**Brooke Hogan has dyed her hair black.

****Tammy Sytch posted a brief message regarding her three arrests this week, stating:

Lesson to men: Cheat on a good woman, You get choked out.

The incidents involved her and boyfriend Damien Darling (an independent wrestler) following a big fight between the two. Sytch had just finished her three stint in rehab last month (which was paid for by the WWE) and the WWE has also stated they would pay for a fourth stint if she requested it. Sytch and Darling had recently moved in together.

**JBL has announced that he will start climbing Mount Kilimanjaro next week in South Africa.

**A bit of a blooper from Impact this week featured the Gail Kim Bound for Glory “Memories” segment where she discussed becoming the first Knockout’s Champion. The graphic on screen listed 2005 but it was actually at the 2007 show that she won the title.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:56 am 
Unthought Known

The WWE has lost John Cena for the next 2-3 weeks after Cena was forced to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his elbow earlier today in Birmingham, Alabama to remove bone chips from his right elbow.

Cena had been working the elbow problems and then rolled his ankle on Sunday night at the Night of Champions pay-per-view but still worked on Raw Monday night in Bridgeport.

Cena will begin rehab this Monday and is not expected to miss the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view on October 28th in Atlanta.

**Impact will continue to be live into December, however there will be a few taped shows, including the U.S. Thanksgiving, and the last tapings of the year will take place on December 10-11th, to cover off shows for the remainder of the Christmas season.

**WWE Smackdown on Friday earned a 1.96 cable rating with 2.69 million viewers.

**WWE issued a statement on the status of Jerry Lawler: "Jerry 'The King' Lawler has been released from a Montreal medical facility and will be heading home in the next several days. We continue to wish Jerry all the best, and we look forward to him returning to WWE in the future." Of note, WWE sent the corporate jet to Montreal to get Lawler and whisk him back to Memphis.

**Tammy "Sunny" Sytch faces some domestic violence charges stemming from incidents last week in New Jersey. Charges include disorderly conduct and violating a protective order.

**Jesse Ventura was a guest on the Howard Stern show yesterday morning promoting his new political book, Democrips and Rebloodicans. In the book, Ventura compares the current U.S. political parties to the infamous Crips and Bloods street gangs. Ventura did guarantee that if there were to be a grassroots movement that resulted in him getting on the ballot in all states and guaranteed equal time in the candidates’ debates, he would run for President in 2016.

**There was an incident involving Randy Orton and a fan at ringside during his match with Dolph Ziggler Sunday night. Orton yelled at the fan during the match and then flipped him off near the finish and later apologized on Twitter for his actions.

**The WWE has six-weeks in between pay-per-views with Hell in a Cell not taking place until October 28th with the company cutting back from two shows in October to just one. They will have a three-week turnaround after that show for the Survivor Series, which is scheduled for November 18th (and unfortunately is the night after UFC 154 with Carlos Condit Vs Georges St-Pierre as your tentative headliner).

**TJ Perkins is done with Ring of Honor and worked a dark match at the Impact tapings last Thursday in Orlando.

**Former WWE developmental talent Brandi Lee (and girlfriend of Cody Rhodes) posted the following on Twitter:

So…who exactly are the Sin Cara fans? I never see or hear them. I'm a fan of his blooper reel…oh that was a maaaatch #yikes

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 am 
Unthought Known

**Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy was officially announced for TNA's October 14 pay-per-view, Bound for Glory.

**Mike Johnson from PWinsider.com reports that Beth Phoenix has given her notice to the WWE and will be finishing up with the company by the end of October. Phoenix came up through OVW and joined the main roster in 2007 where she became a focal point of the Diva’s division and helped transition the division after Trish Stratus and Lita both left in late 2006. Over the past year Phoenix has not been focused on while teaming with Natalya for a point and then breaking up before being put back together.

**The Raw tapings are in Albany, New York on Monday and Smackdown is in Buffalo on Tuesday night.

**Impact Wrestling did a 1.01 rating this past Thursday on Spike TV and averaged 1,340,000 viewers.

**Bobby Roode posted a picture on Twitter of his broken nose he sustained during a tag match this weekend at a TNA show in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Roode was teaming with Austin Aries against Jeff Hardy and James Storm when the injury took place.

**Kevin Nash is on the current All Japan Pro Wrestling tour.

**Edge's return to Smackdown is being promoted for Friday. Coincidentally, no doubt, the season premiere of Syfy's Haven is on tap as well, and Edge is a regular on that show now. Edge also broke down and got a Twitter account. He is at @EdgeRatedR.

**John Cena went after WWE.com on Twitter Tuesday afternoon when the website wrote he would be out foe 2-3 weeks after undergoing arthroscopic elbow surgery. Cena wrote that he was told to rest the elbow for six-weeks but he is targeting to be back in a month and work the Hell in a Cell show.

**TNA and Spike TV has announced that Impact Wrestling will remain live until at least the end of 2012. There will be a few shows taped due to holidays such as Thanksgiving falling on a Thursday.

**Jerry Lawler will be on Raw this Monday for a taped interview from his home to provide an update on his health. Lawler held a press conference earlier this week and stated that he cannot remember the match he was involved in prior to his heart attack.

**Christian just recently had shoulder surgery during this break he is on.

**Ring of Honor has announced that Jay Lethal will take on Davey Richards at Glory By Honor XI on October 13th in Mississauga, Ontario.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:12 pm 
Unthought Known

**WWE Raw did a 2.72 rating and averaged 3,790,000 viewers for the three-hours and were trounced by the NFL game that night. The show peaked in the second hour with 3,990,000 viewers and the dropped in the third hour and the final hour was the lowest of the three. The looks to be people tuning in late and peaking in the second hour and then tuning out in the final hour.

**The WWE has signed a multi-year deal with Hulu Plus to air Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT (episodes posted are all prior to the Full Sail University tapings), ECW (2008-2010 episodes from SyFy) and the new Main Event show that debuts on Ion Television. All of the shows will be put up on a one-day delay so as not to conflict with their first run of the television airings. From those that have checked out Raw from this past Monday apparently it’s edited down to 90-minutes so about 30-minutes was cut out of it.

**Ring of Honor is doing a promotion where you can watch Glory By Honor XI for free if you attend this Saturday’s show in Rahway, New Jersey OR if you renew or sign-up for their Ringside membership on the site for either a quarterly membership ($19.99) or a one-year membership ($59.99).

**B.J. Whitmer is working with Ring of Honor this weekend and look for him to be paired with Rhett Titus as a tag team moving forward.

**Harry Smith is now using the name Davey Boy Smith Jr on the current tour with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

**The WWE contracts for PAC and Sara Del Rey have been finalized and they will be reporting to Florida shortly at FCW.

**Cameron (Ariane Andrew) has pleaded not guilty to her DUI charge from late August in Tampa and will return to court on October 23rd. Andrew allegedly offered the officer in question $10,000 when she was pulled over.

**Long time Ohio Valley Wrestling announcer and manager Kenny Bolin has announced that tonight will be his last night working at OVW for the foreseeable future due to personal issues in his life. Bolin released a statement and hopes to return eventually but is giving no guarantees.

**Apparently it’s a big news story that Justin Roberts was pulled over twice in the past two-weeks for making an illegal left turn and another for speeding. TMZ has all the details of this scandalous story, which cost Roberts $160.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:58 am 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

I got CLASH of the CHAMPIONS dvd today! I watched the Flair Sting match at C o t C one. Ive seen it before still a 45 min non stop i ring action!

I wish that WCW dvd would contain some ppl that didnt work for WWE only, Sting and a few others , and i mean a few, are the only ones WWE likes to put on thier dvds. ggr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:58 am 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

I got CLASH of the CHAMPIONS dvd today! I watched the Flair Sting match at C o t C one. Ive seen it before still a 45 min non stop i ring action!

I wish that WCW dvd would contain some ppl that didnt work for WWE only, Sting and a few others , and i mean a few, are the only ones WWE likes to put on thier dvds. ggr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:23 am 
Unthought Known

My brother is attending the Royal Rumble in January. He had an extra ticket and asked if I wanted to go. As much as I would love to experience some different kind of live entertainment, I think I'll be watching a movie that night.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:29 pm 
Unthought Known

I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
My brother is attending the Royal Rumble in January. He had an extra ticket and asked if I wanted to go. As much as I would love to experience some different kind of live entertainment, I think I'll be watching a movie that night.

i ain't what it used to be

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:28 pm 
Unthought Known

p911gt10c wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:

i ain't what it used to be

The last time I truly watched? There was a brief time where Stone Cold left due to health issues. He was gone for months. Maybe it was 1999 or 2000? Anyway, that was the final time. My brother still watches it and it's background noise now, but I still pick up on the story lines...if you can call them story lines. It's usually, "I hate you." and "No, I hate you more."

Remember when the McMahons had a huge family drama? And Degeneration X, Austin, and The Rock were thrown into the mix? Now that was good soap opera entertainment!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:39 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

I used to be into pro wrestling as well, Randy. Just another thing we have in common.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports