Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live

Post subject: 2012-12-01: Ft. Lauderdale, FL: Broward Center (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Post subject: Re: 2012-12-01: Ft. Lauderdale, FL: Broward Center (Ed Solo)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:03 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Looking for REALLY, REALLY, good tickets for this show.
I'm talking first couple of rows good Center Orch preferred.
While not condoning I am willing to pay it takes to get there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:25 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Looking for two tickets

Please and thank you

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:55 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Same here.

onasurftrip@gmail.com

2 please

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:42 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Is the thread where you say, you going, man, I'm going...

?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:18 am 
Johnny Guitar

If anyone has an extra ticket, pm me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:57 pm 
Got Some

my bad guys :oops:

Last edited by lord vedder on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:09 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Reason to believe! :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:51 pm 
Johnny Guitar

This setlist belongs in the 11/30/12 setlist thread. I cant compare to any other EV shows but the crowd was a bit anoying. I think there was a fight in the section next to mine. Ed seemed to take it all in stride except to pause sleepless nights in order to flick the bird to an idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:28 am 
Former PJ Drummer

62strat wrote:
Reason to believe! :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Man id love to hear this....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:10 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

finally eddie and cat power!!

wish i was there...hope some video or audio of this surfaces...also, what is the deal with eddie´s crowds? always seems to be a stupid person ...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 am 
Johnny Guitar

From the Pit

Show Two Set List

(“In the immortal words of Marvin Gaye, “Let’s get it on”

01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

(“Who ever said, ‘Florida is a sunny place for shady people’, it wasn’t me. I don’t often say this, and the crew knows I don’t say this, ...this is one of the few times where I wish it was going to last longer.”)

02. Girl From The North Country-(Dylan)

(Ed asks for the house lights to be turned up so he can see the 5 year old child someone has brought to the show. “I could only see these little legs moving...”
A man and woman both shout “I love you Eddie.” Ed says, “Her I believe. You? I think that is the alcohol talking but I will take it either way.”)

03. Can’t Keep

(“I know the little five year old girl can’t relate to this song yet. When you get older be careful of those boys out there. Find a good one. As good as your dad.”)

04. Sleeping By Myself
05. Without You

(Some drunk shouts “Freebird.” Ed says, “That is such a Florida thing to say. You don’t want to represent your state like that. But I will play ‘Margaritaville’. As the crowd continues to shout requests Ed says, “Oh, actually I heard one. That is good. Just to prove that I will occasionally play something someone shouts at me. This is from The Who. When they played it, it legitimized the ukulele as an instrument to me. When I started to learn how to play it was the first song I learned. And the first song I ever wrote sounds a lot like it. I never gave Pete any money but we're still friends. Pete is mentioned heavily in my will.”)

06. Blue, Red And Grey-(Townshend)
07. Wishlist

(Ed talks about going through a tragic experience and trying to tell someone about. He says the least helpful thing a person can say back is, “I can’t even imagine going through that.” He says, “well try to imagine it and tell me what to do.” “Sometimes you run into something terrible and you just have to go through it. This next song is about that.”

08. Thumbing My Way

(Ed talks about what led to him writing the song “Unthought Known” and how he forgot to send some items he promised to sign for friend.)

09. Unthought Known
10. Speed Of Sound
11. Far Behind
12. No Ceiling
13. Guaranteed
14. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard
15. Deadman

(“It is getting to be the end of the tour and there are few songs I haven’t got to yet. This one I have only played a few times...It is such a beautiful song that I don’t want to fuck it up. I just want to get it right. It is such a beautiful song by Nick Cave, who has an encyclopedia full of beautiful songs. So maybe with your help I can get through it.”)

16. The Ship Song-(Nick Cave)

(While Ed is saying he wants to make sure he doesn’t mess up the next song in honor of the writer because it is of such delicate beauty a woman in the audience repeatedly shouts “daughter, daughter, daughter, daughter, daughter.” Ed says, “Yeah, I have two” and finishes his description of the delicate ballad he is going to play and hopes he won’t mess it up.)

17. Lukin (he messes it up)
18. Porch

Encore Break 1

(Ed notes that “not a lot of musicians get the kind of response you guys are giving me and I really appreciate it. I have two more shows left and I just can’t imagine it being any better than this, so thank you.” He notes that he has some friends in the audience that are celebrating very long relationships. He dedicates the song to all of those that have 20 years and those that will have 20.)

19. Just Breathe

(Ed talks about Willie covering his song. He notes that he has been talking about smoking pot a lot lately even though he doesn’t smoke that much anymore. “When I was 18 that was my life, smoking pot. That is why I had to stop smoking it for ten years. I don’t think you should go to jail for it but pot will definitely break your motivation. I had to stop so I could get my life together.”)

20. Pump Organ
21. V. White (Boss Loop Sample preset. music is a slow R&B groove. Ed uses a basso profondo voice and talks about various things in Florida and does a lot of “Oh Yeah..” After words he apologizes to Glen’s mom who is in the audience.)

22. Parting Ways
23. The End

(Ed invites Chan Marshall out to sing with him. He describes her as one of his favorite singers and songwriters and is thrilled to have her out here with him and they are going to sing a couple of songs together. When Chan gets onstage some drunk shouts a bunch of unintelligible gibberish for about 15 seconds before finally stopping after being told to shut up by another member of the audience.)

24. Good Woman w/ Chan Marshall-(Chan Marshall). (Ed sings lead vocal and plays acoustic guitar. Chan sings back up vocals and plays acoustic guitar.)

(“This is a song I have done a lot on this tour but only since last night have I been able to do it with the person I recorded it with.”)

25. Tonight You Belong To Me w/ Chan Marshall-(Rose/David)

(Ed mentions that tour is ending in a few days and has some big waves to catch and they need to finish up the next Pearl Jam record. Ed asks Glen if he has finished writing those songs for him. (implying that Ed was getting Glen to write songs for the album so he they can finish). Ed says on the other hand he doesn’t want the tour to end because he has enjoyed playing with Glen so much.)

26. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
27. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen-(Bryant, Bryant) {played normally-not busked}

(Some guy gets up onstage while Ed is talking about politics and the divide between the rich and poor. Ed sees the guy who appears to try and hand him a CD or something. Ed says, “Be careful man, this is a ‘stand your ground’ state. I could shoot you. It is your law around here. Be careful. I will listen to this later, maybe. But you gotta be careful man. Especially when I am talking about politics.”)

28. This Land Is Your Land-(Guthrie)
29. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)

(Ed talks about the wounded warriors program and tells the person who was chanting “USA, USA” after ‘This Land Is Your Land” and says, I am not singling you out but I have heard people chant that when we talk about certain things and think we are speaking negatively. The gist of Ed’s message is about the need to really support our troops and give them the care they need and deserve. He explains how “Arc” was built and gives the math on how long it would take to create a song for all of the soldiers killed and wounded. The song for 9 people is about 3 minutes. For all the troops it would be about 11 days.)

30. Arc

Encore Break 2

31. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard & Chan Marshall-(Peterson)

(Ed thanks Sean Casey, who is the person that suggested a successful treatment after Ed hurt his back that lead to the shows being rescheduled.

32. Dream A Little Dream-(Gus Kahn, Wilbur Schwandt, Fabian Andree)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:57 am 
Johnny Guitar

Some additional notes:

The crowd was better behaved, but probably less engaged. No ten club tickets to this one and seemed to be a lot more older folks who didnt strike me as PJ fans. Lots of people got up and left their seats throughout the show, maybe I only noticed because of my seat positioning. The crowd did show a lot of love to Ed both nights and Ed seemed appreciative.

Ed notes that he wrote UK after a night out with friends, at least one of whom were at the show, in New York. He was out all night having a philisophical conversation with this group while they were getting high. He said he came back and wrote UK afterwards while he was at the perfect level of highness. He said that is the same way alot of his songs were written, in the middle of the night while he was high.

Ed said speed of sound was inspired by Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones. He said it was like Off he Goes, but really fast.

I am pretty sure the pump organ song is The Canyon, from Water on the Road, with more words added. I liked it quite a bit.

Society had a bit of a speed jam at the end w/ Ed and Glen. I dont recall hearing it during night 1. I liked it.

During Hard Sun, Ed crowd surfs while playing the guitar. He only made it to the 1st or 2nd row and went right back to the stage.

Ed had a Corona towards the end of both shows, not sure if someone from the crowd bought those for him or if he brought them from back stage. During the shows he drank some sort of red liquid. I am guessing it was some sort of tea, I guess could have been a fruity mixed drink.

I forget when he said this, but at some point he told a story about how his 2 year old daughter was in the car with her mom and grandmother. A song came on the radio and the grandmother thought it might be Ed. The 2 year old said "No" "that is Cat Stevens", Ed swore it was a true story.

When the guy handed Ed the tape/cd on stage, first Ed said "what do you have in your pocket" as the guy was reaching in his pocket, then after being handed the tape, he flung it high in the air towards the back of the stage. The guy was acosted by security.

Before one of the Uke covers (Everly Brothers one) he said that Johnny Ramone had introduced him to the song and that Ed thought they were just listening to music but actually Johnny was tutoring him about song structure.

After Just Breathe Ed did an impression of Willie Nelson singing it, saying that after he heard the cover he listened to it over and over and then he had to re learn how to sing it his way instead of Willie's. He also said he got high before listening to Willie's cover the first time because it seemed like the right thing to do.

Ed said that his life revolved around smoking weed when he was 18, then he quit for 10 years.

Last edited by Kalevi on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:59 am 
Master of Meh

Quote:
24. Good Woman w/ Chan Marshall-(Chan Marshall). (Ed sings lead vocal and plays acoustic guitar. Chan sings back up vocals and plays acoustic guitar.)

Glad this happened.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:16 pm 
Stone's Bitch

spenno wrote:
Quote:

Glad this happened.

Me too. He does a great version of the tune.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Guy on stage? Fucking psycho. He tore up the aisle right past us over the security guy right I front of us and could have as easily had a gun or knife. Jesse came like a bullet from sidestage and took him off. Scary shit seriously. Rattled Ed n glen and anyone watching it. That hasn't happens since that tool megadave did it in Europe. Ed needs armed guards front of the stage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 pm 
AnalLog

who else had dime pegged as the weirdo who jumped on stage?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:06 pm 
Spacegirl

warehouse wrote:
who else had dime pegged as the weirdo who jumped on stage?

not me. i mean, the dude's on a first name basis with ed's security.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:48 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

is there any video of chan and eddie?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:25 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

VinylGuy wrote:
finally eddie and cat power!!

wish i was there...hope some video or audio of this surfaces...also, what is the deal with eddie´s crowds? always seems to be a stupid person ...

I have a one-minute recording of "tonight you belong to me" from night one. It was recorded on my cell phone so you can imagine the quality :hooray:

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam » Live