Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post subject: Homosexuality is not genetic — but it arises in the womb
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 am 
Unthought Known

According to science.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/11/scientists-may-have-finally-unlocked-puzzle-of-why-people-are-gay
http://io9.com/5967426/scientists-confirm-that-homosexuality-is-not-genetic--but-it-arises-in-the-womb

Post subject: Re: Homosexuality is not genetic — but it arises in the womb
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 am 
Got Some

OP is a fag

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:16 am 
Unthought Known

true or not, this reinforces the beliefs of no one and thus will be quickly swept under the rug.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 am 
Interweb Celebrity

I'm really not sure whether it matters if homosexuality is a choice or a predisposition, but I am skeptical of this news article.

We gotta watch our backs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm 
Unthought Known

corduroy_blazer wrote:
I'm really not sure whether it matters if homosexuality is a choice or a predisposition, but I am skeptical of this news article.

I don't think it matters from a legal standpoint (marriage equality, etc.), but I think it matters from a scientific standpoint. Understanding the inner-workings of the human machine are the future of medicine.

This does lead to an interesting questions... if homosexuality can be detected in the womb... and the parents don't want a gay child...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:56 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

broken iris wrote:
This does lead to an interesting questions... if homosexuality can be detected in the womb... and the parents don't want a gay child...
I don't see how this is an interesting question. Abortion is a non-judgemental action. If you adhere to "my body, my choice" then the reason is of no concern. Is there a case to be made that the world would be worse off if there are fewer gay babies?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 pm 
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

oh, good. another thread where borken iris can talk about abortion. it's about time.

you are the human wyoming

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:37 pm 
Unthought Known

tyler wrote:
broken iris wrote:
I don't see how this is an interesting question. Abortion is a non-judgemental action. If you adhere to "my body, my choice" then the reason is of no concern. Is there a case to be made that the world would be worse off if there are fewer gay babies?

Well, no, but it's not like we are talking about artificially selecting for eye color or against male pattern baldness. Aborting to drive particular behavior into or out of society is a very slippery slope.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:47 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

broken iris wrote:
tyler wrote:
broken iris wrote:

Well, no, but it's not like we are talking about artificially selecting for eye color or against male pattern baldness. Aborting to drive particular behavior into or out of society is a very slippery slope.
We started off down that slope a long time ago. The only thing that could make this at all interesting would be seeing gay activist getting involved and not respecting the "my body, my choice" principle. Would make for interesting sideline viewing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 pm 
Interweb Celebrity

broken iris wrote:
corduroy_blazer wrote:

I don't think it matters from a legal standpoint (marriage equality, etc.), but I think it matters from a scientific standpoint. Understanding the inner-workings of the human machine are the future of medicine.

Sure, that's what I meant.

We gotta watch our backs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:59 pm 
Administrator

I don't see why this is controversial. It's pretty clear that traits in the brain don't follow strict Mendelian genetics, and that's a super duper complex organ in which it development is still a huge mystery.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 pm 
Supersonic

broken iris wrote:
tyler wrote:
broken iris wrote:

I don't think abortion as human design system will ever be an actual concern, simply because it requires a sizable portion of the population to be (in the case of homosexuality) all of the following:

1. More full of hatred for homosexuality than they are of love for their unborn child
2. Really, super down with abortion
3. 100% confident in their ability to get pregnant again (and willing to chance going through all this just to get the same result)
4. Patient, and not people who want what they want when they want it so get outta the fast lane asshole you're only doing ten above the speed limit
5. Willing to get off the couch and find out in the first place
6. Willing to entertain the idea that they, an absolute fag-hating champion of putting peepees in hoohoos, could possibly produce butt queer children

I don't see a lot of overlap happening between people who fall under #1 and those who fall under #2, for one thing. And I'm not sure how many Americans fall outside both 4 and 5, for another.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:38 pm 
a joke

McParadigm wrote:
1. More full of hatred for homosexuality than they are of love for their unborn child
3. 100% confident in their ability to get pregnant again (and willing to chance going through all this just to get the same result)
4. Patient, and not people who want what they want when they want it so get outta the fast lane asshole you're only doing ten above the speed limit
6. Willing to entertain the idea that they, an absolute fag-hating champion of putting peepees in hoohoos, could possibly produce butt queer children

1. I have no problem with homosexuality, but i reallllly hate babies. Especially unborn ones
2. Who isn't? Kids are expensive as shit.
3. If Antonio Cromartie gets to be so fertile, im sure i am too.
4. 12 years in. Still waiting on anal
5. Who has to get off the couch? Just make her call you with the update.
6. Well if it's a girl, it's pretty hot, amirite?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:24 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

McParadigm wrote:

"Hatred of homosexuality" is a pretty emotionally charged way to put it for something that routinely happens for Downs. I can see screening for "gay" to be as routine as screening for Down Syndrome. I don't see why you think people aborting a gay fetus would be driven by hatred. Do you think this of people aborting a Downs fetus? It's just aborting a fetus that doesn't fit the parent(s) desired lifestyle. Really, how many parents dream of having a gay baby?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:38 pm 
Unthought Known

tyler wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

"Hatred of homosexuality" is a pretty emotionally charged way to put it for something that routinely happens for Downs. I can see screening for "gay" to be as routine as screening for Down Syndrome. I don't see why you think people aborting a gay fetus would be driven by hatred. Do you think this of people aborting a Downs fetus? It's just aborting a fetus that doesn't fit the parent(s) desired lifestyle. Really, how many parents dream of having a gay baby?

I believe that the test for Downs is so parents can evaluate the quality of life of the child, not just the impact on themselves, and then evaluate termination options if the child is afflicted, so it is different here unless the parents believe in that whole "God hates fags" thing and thus a gay child is afflicted with something bad or undesirable.

This discovery may lead to furthering the stigma of homosexuality as a "birth defect".

Last edited by broken iris on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:39 pm 
Unthought Known

tyler wrote:
I don't see why you think people aborting a gay fetus would be driven by hatred.

:hooray:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 pm 
Unthought Known

This thread is my Sophie's Choice. I mean, I really hate gay people. But I'm so Pro-life, it hurts. It hurts really bad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 am 
Unthought Known

do I have to pay for any of this shit?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:43 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

broken iris wrote:
I believe that the test for Downs is so parents can evaluate the quality of life of the child.
I call bullshit. Downs kids seem pretty damn happy, so I can't see it being about quality of life. I believer it is nearly 100% parental lifestyle driven but adhering to "my body, my choice" I really don't care about anyone's reasons. If it makes you happy or happier than the alternative, do it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:17 am 
Supersonic

Skitch Patterson wrote:
1. I have no problem with homosexuality, but i reallllly hate babies. Especially unborn ones

I think the world is ready for a Duck Hunt-style abortion video game. Don't you?

Quote:
12 years in. Still waiting on anal

I already told you no. That answer is not gonna change.

Quote:
unless the parents believe in that whole "God hates fags" thing

I think maybe God just hates kids. Consider the evidence:

Jenny: "Dear God, make me a bird...so I can fly far, far away from here."
God: "Dear Jenny, no."

Quote:
This thread is my Sophie's Choice. I mean, I really hate gay people. But I'm so Pro-life, it hurts. It hurts really bad.

If only Sophie had known.

"Which child do you choose? Which of your children shall we kill?"
"Oh, obviously the gay one."
"Okay, well....I mean, we can do that. It's just that we thought it was gonna be harder for you to-"
"Just kill him already."

Quote:
do I have to pay for any of this shit?

It might be worth our time to investigate the possibility of powering our newly massive abortion gay war machine entirely on slave labor.

Quote:
Downs kids seem pretty damn happy, so I can't see it being about quality of life.

I'm sort of mesmerized by this sentence.

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate