Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dear Terrorists,
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:52 pm 
Got Some

Spikes probably sucks off Rodney Harrison before every game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:21 pm 
statistically insignificant

haha somebody's mad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:09 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

thodoks wrote:
haha somebody's mad

Still not sure how Kyle Williams ot called for roughing the passer just before Brady ran that td in. What is even more unbelievable is that he was fined on top of that. Brady had the ball when he attempted to arm tackle him. This obviously didn't lose the game, but it just baffles me how the refs and the league could get something so wrong. Is he supposed to just let the qb throw the ball?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm 
Got Some

Mecca wrote:
thodoks wrote:
haha somebody's mad

Still not sure how Kyle Williams ot called for roughing the passer just before Brady ran that td in. What is even more unbelievable is that he was fined on top of that. Brady had the ball when he attempted to arm tackle him. This obviously didn't lose the game, but it just baffles me how the refs and the league could get something so wrong. Is he supposed to just let the qb throw the ball?

it's just ridiculous.

and i posted that video of Chandler getting an elbow to the head before it was announced that Spikes was fined for the hit. should be suspended one game also. that's exactly the kind of play the league says they are cracking down on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

kick in the dick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:28 pm 
Got Some

it was liking watching Montana and Young out there yesterday...and i stopped watching at halftime.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:35 am 
statistically insignificant

Mecca wrote:
I feel like I am watching a different game than majority of Bills fans. I've watched Williams every play that I could pick him out and the dude is always getting double-teamed or held.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/art ... ck_check=1

Quote:
Using the All-22 coach’s film package that is available through NFL.com, Buscaglia broke down every snap and his breakdown of Williams’ performance was glaringly revealing.

The film showed that Williams was all-out double-teamed on just one of the 69 snaps he played. There were three other plays where he was “chipped,” meaning a running back or tight end got a piece of him while he was engaged with a lineman.

As the Patriots were rushing for 247 yards, they ran toward Williams’ side on 11 plays, and averaged seven yards per attempt. He was never double-teamed on any of the runs, regardless of which side they were aimed toward, and on eight of the 34 running plays he was on the field for, he was single-blocked by one of New England’s tight ends.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:31 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

thodoks wrote:
Mecca wrote:
I feel like I am watching a different game than majority of Bills fans. I've watched Williams every play that I could pick him out and the dude is always getting double-teamed or held.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/art ... ck_check=1

Quote:
Using the All-22 coach’s film package that is available through NFL.com, Buscaglia broke down every snap and his breakdown of Williams’ performance was glaringly revealing.

The film showed that Williams was all-out double-teamed on just one of the 69 snaps he played. There were three other plays where he was “chipped,” meaning a running back or tight end got a piece of him while he was engaged with a lineman.

As the Patriots were rushing for 247 yards, they ran toward Williams’ side on 11 plays, and averaged seven yards per attempt. He was never double-teamed on any of the runs, regardless of which side they were aimed toward, and on eight of the 34 running plays he was on the field for, he was single-blocked by one of New England’s tight ends.

I did read that after saying those things and I'll admit I was wrong about the pats game. From what I've watched of the Jets, Chiefs and Browns games, what I said rings true.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:50 pm 
AnalLog

God bless the all-22, now we can actually suss these things out.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:08 pm 
Administrator

Mecca wrote:
kick in the dick
Judging by only the last few minutes of today's game, that looked like another real painful way to lose.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 am 
Got Some

Green Habit wrote:
Mecca wrote:
kick in the dick
Judging by only the last few minutes of today's game, that looked like another real painful way to lose.

it was comical actually. this to me was the worst loss yett. Matt Hasselback...really??? letting CJ run all over the place after not having a single TD all season. throwing the ball when you have the lead and TWO RBs that were having a good game all day.

i keep saying i'm done but watch every Sunday. i believe i'm more pathetic than this team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

The tickets that my brother and I bought for today's game at Reliant were deep in Buffalo's section of the nosebleeds. I guess I've never met anyone from Buffalo before, because this culture was brand new to me. Is Buffalo populated solely by carnies and townies?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 pm 
Administrator

I was pissed at this game for CBS switching to it for me, but that ending looked like another classic heartbreaker Bills loss.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 pm 
Administrator

I guess it was good for Bills fans that this game got shipped out of the country.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:37 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
I guess it was good for Bills fans that this game got shipped out of the country.

couldn't have said it better myself. I'm so confused by the sentiments of fans that after 3 years want to bomb the whole team again. I really like the GM Buddy Nix despite him not finding a better QB, but most of his picks have been solid. Chan Gailey must be losing brain function due to age because I never fundamentally disagreed with his playcalling or decisions for 2 years... now I am frustrated nearly every game, even the wins. Coach has to go and they need to bring in someone capable of preparing a team. There is a lot of talent on the team and there are very few missing pieces (Good QB, a legit #1/#2 WR opposite Stevie Johnson, a solid LB to fill out the line and let Nick Barnett take plays off in nickel packages) that a productive offseason/draft could fix and a competent coach could make into a playoff team.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:56 pm 
Administrator

Mecca wrote:
I'm so confused by the sentiments of fans that after 3 years want to bomb the whole team again.
Hasn't there been scuttlebutt that Ralph, who is in his 90s, may want to go all-in before he dies and get a new regime with the task of doing whatever he can to win a championship in the next couple of years? Hopefully Ralph's more rational, but that might attract a high-profile guy like Andy Reid who would seek to have personnel decisions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
Mecca wrote:
I'm so confused by the sentiments of fans that after 3 years want to bomb the whole team again.
Hasn't there been scuttlebutt that Ralph, who is in his 90s, may want to go all-in before he dies and get a new regime with the task of doing whatever he can to win a championship in the next couple of years? Hopefully Ralph's more rational, but that might attract a high-profile guy like Andy Reid who would seek to have personnel decisions.

That's been the story since before the Chan Gailey hiring, unfortunately. Nobody high profile wanted the job back then, but I don't know if that could change even with the pieces the team does have in place. Buffalo isn't a place people want to end up, but when people end up here they love it. It just has a bad reputation that precedes it and that weighs into a coaches decision, especially a high profile one. Personally, I'd love Andy Reid, but I don't know if they'd give him GM power as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

I've always thought of Eric Wood as Orpheus's twin

http://www.trendingbuffalo.com/11-reaso ... own-again/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:50 am 
AnalLog

I did not know who that person was but now that I do, I must say I'm a fan.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Orpheus wrote:
I did not know who that person was but now that I do, I must say I'm a fan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports