Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:29 pm 
Unthought Known

Outside of the coolest coach in football. The Steelers have a lot of douchbags on that team. Ben, Haley, Harrison, Mendenhall... Etc etc.

NBC will probably hire Harrison when he retires they seem to like headhunting crap bags on that set

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:08 am 
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

#jaguarsplayoffs2014

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:12 pm 
Fuck Sharks

psychobain wrote:
#jaguarsplayoffs2014

The Savior is coming to town!

:shake:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 pm 
Got Some

Electromatic wrote:
Outside of the coolest coach in football. The Steelers have a lot of douchbags on that team. Ben, Haley, Harrison, Mendenhall... Etc etc.

NBC will probably hire Harrison when he retires they seem to like headhunting crap bags on that set

or ESPN.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:47 am 
Administrator

I know I'm biased, but Demaryius Thomas should have gotten a Pro Bowl nod over Wes Welker. He got more yards and more TDs despite Decker also getting almost just as many opportunities.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:42 am 
Supersonic

Green Habit wrote:
I know I'm biased, but Demaryius Thomas should have gotten a Pro Bowl nod over Wes Welker. He got more yards and more TDs despite Decker also getting almost just as many opportunities.

Anecdotal evidence that NFL Pro-Bowl selections mean shit: Vince Young and Matt Cassel were Pro-Bowl selections in back-to-back years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:02 am 
Supersonic

Oh, and 5 KC Chiefs made the Pro Bowl . . .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:25 am 
AnalLog

Demaryius and Dez Bryant definitely got snubbed, but one of the most egregious ones I see is Richard Sherman. He's been an absolutely dominant player for one of the best teams in the league.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:39 pm 
Administrator

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Anecdotal evidence that NFL Pro-Bowl selections mean shit: Vince Young and Matt Cassel were Pro-Bowl selections in back-to-back years.
The selections are better than the players that actually go to Hawaii. There are always so many players who just don't want to go that they can easily work down to the 4th and 5th alternates thanks to moving the game before the Super Bowl.

The funny thing is that the only way that Thomas doesn't go to Hawaii (unless he doesn't want to go) is if the Broncos or Ravens make it to the Super Bowl. The other four AFC playoff teams all have a WR named to the game.
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Oh, and 5 KC Chiefs made the Pro Bowl . . .
And Chiefs fans were whining that Justin Houston should have gotten in over Dumervil....

I'm fine with Hali, Charles, and Colquitt, but Berry and Johnson were jokes to get in.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 pm 
Administrator

Orpheus wrote:
Demaryius and Dez Bryant definitely got snubbed, but one of the most egregious ones I see is Richard Sherman. He's been an absolutely dominant player for one of the best teams in the league.
Well, I think that the looming suspension (that he successfully got discarded just now) probably scared some voters away.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 am 
Unthought Known

Ronde Barber is an alternate. Fans voting is always stupid.

That any chiefs made it is silly.

The voting is always horrible, perhaps more so this year.

Barber captained the worst passing defense in football.

The 49ers were way too blessed with selections too. Lavonte David or Luke Kuechlyshould be on the team. Bowman no. Also both Falcons safeties have had better years than whitner and his counterpart.

Alas fans are idiots and the pro bowl is the worst

There's really only one 49er who should no doubt make that team and its Justin Smith.

That defense is a joke without Smith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:50 pm 
Got Some

Electromatic wrote:
Ronde Barber is an alternate. Fans voting is always stupid.

That any chiefs made it is silly.

The voting is always horrible, perhaps more so this year.

Barber captained the worst passing defense in football.

The 49ers were way too blessed with selections too. Lavonte David or Luke Kuechlyshould be on the team. Bowman no. Also both Falcons safeties have had better years than whitner and his counterpart.

Alas fans are idiots and the pro bowl is the worst

There's really only one 49er who should no doubt make that team and its Justin Smith.

That defense is a joke without Smith

The Chiefs aren't as bad as their record indicates. Their defense is solid and they're running game is very good. Which really goes to show (a) how important the QB and passing game are in today's game (b) just how bad their QB situation is and (c) how poorly coached they are.

I agree with gh that Berry wasn't totally deserving, but the 4 others are solid players (he also felt Johnson was not, I disagree).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:00 pm 
Supersonic

I'm not a big fan of the Pro Browl....so let me change the subject:

To those of you on this board who made Super Bowl predictions before the season started, how are you feeling about your prediction?

I predicted the Packers over the Patriots.

I'm feeling pretty good about the Patriots IF they do not have to play at Denver in the playoffs. If they do, I think they have perhaps a 1 in 4 chance of winning that game.

I'm also feeling pretty good about the Packers. The only team in the NFC that frightens me is Seattle at HOME. If the Packers can avoid that, then they are in good shape.

If I had to do it all over, I'd go with Denver over Seattle in the Super Bowl...

Thoughts on your pre-season picks?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:23 pm 
Got Some

I had Texans over Packers.

Still very possible, but I think the road to the SB for the Pack will be much "easier" than the Texans. The Texans have gone really cold, just not sure if they could beat NE or Denver right now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:41 pm 
AnalLog

i picked the eagles to win the super bowl. waaaaay off

i think the broncos are gonna win it all. my peyton mancrush aside, they seem the most complete on both sides of the ball. teams like the pats and GB seem to lean on their offense more, while SF and seatle rely on their D (ignore seattle running up scores). denver seems to have the most complete team. also, manning is the best qb ever, so that doesnt hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 am 
Administrator

Coach wrote:

To those of you on this board who made Super Bowl predictions before the season started, how are you feeling about your prediction?

I'm feeling pretty good about the Patriots IF they do not have to play at Denver in the playoffs. If they do, I think they have perhaps a 1 in 4 chance of winning that game.

I'm also feeling pretty good about the Packers. The only team in the NFC that frightens me is Seattle at HOME. If the Packers can avoid that, then they are in good shape.

If I had to do it all over, I'd go with Denver over Seattle in the Super Bowl...

Heh, I think I picked the Pats over the Packers. I agree that it's still a reasonable result.

I feel the exact same way on a looming DEN/NE playoff game. If it's in Denver, I'm cautiously optimistic, but if it's in NE, I place it on the same 1 in 4 chance you did (but backwards, of course).

The only way a GB/SEA game could be in Seattle is if the Seahawks beat the Rams (likely), the Vikings beat the Packers (possible), and the Cards beat the Niners (highly unlikely). I'm pretty certain that game, if it happens, will be on the frozen tundra.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:42 pm 
Got Some

Coach wrote:

in the 2nd post of the thread, i chose pack/broncos. i still feel pretty good about that. i didn't pick a winner. i'd love to see peyton win, but it always seems like his magic wears off in the playoffs. the broncos' schedule has been too soft to really know if they're any good. i hope so. i like eli, but i hate the idea that he has more super bowl victories than his brother.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:12 pm 
Unthought Known

The ideal superbowl would be Packers & Broncos. How great would that be?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:22 pm 
Unthought Known

That would be terrible, to be honest. Who wants to watch that shitfest?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:30 pm 
Administrator

Self Polluted wrote:
That would be terrible, to be honest. Who wants to watch that shitfest?
He's a Packers fan, so that's why I think he wants to watch it. As a Broncos fan, that would be fine by me as well, of course. Any NFC team would be fine, but I think I'd like the 49ers the most in a chance to exact revenge for 1989.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports