Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
 Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Season
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:47 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:
That would be terrible, to be honest. Who wants to watch that shitfest?
He's a Packers fan, so that's why I think he wants to watch it. As a Broncos fan, that would be fine by me as well, of course. Any NFC team would be fine, but I think I'd like the 49ers the most in a chance to exact revenge for 1989.

I know, I was just being a jerk on the internet.

For obvious reasons, I'd like to see the Pats go, but the last two weeks have me thinking that ain't gonna happen. The D hasn't really looked like it has improved. For a few games after Talib got broken in and McCourty was at safety, I was cautiously optimistic. Now, with no week off, no home field. Meh. Give me Seattle and Cincy, so I don't have to care.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:37 pm 
Administrator

Self Polluted wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:
He's a Packers fan, so that's why I think he wants to watch it. As a Broncos fan, that would be fine by me as well, of course. Any NFC team would be fine, but I think I'd like the 49ers the most in a chance to exact revenge for 1989.
Yeah, I figured you might have known--I was just eager to highlight IHRM's Packer fandom.
Self Polluted wrote:
For obvious reasons, I'd like to see the Pats go, but the last two weeks have me thinking that ain't gonna happen. The D hasn't really looked like it has improved. For a few games after Talib got broken in and McCourty was at safety, I was cautiously optimistic. Now, with no week off, no home field. Meh. Give me Seattle and Cincy, so I don't have to care.
I'm more scared about the Pats than any other team. You saw what Brady did to SF and Houston. Even if the D has problems the O is capable of carrying the team if need be.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:59 pm 
Unthought Known

But for America and the NFL in general, who wouldn't want to see Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning in the big game? Awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:22 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Self Polluted wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:

I'd love Seattle and Cincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am 
Supersonic

Green Habit wrote:
Coach wrote:
I'm not a big fan of the Pro Browl....so let me change the subject:

To those of you on this board who made Super Bowl predictions before the season started, how are you feeling about your prediction?

I predicted the Packers over the Patriots.

I'm feeling pretty good about the Patriots IF they do not have to play at Denver in the playoffs. If they do, I think they have perhaps a 1 in 4 chance of winning that game.

I'm also feeling pretty good about the Packers. The only team in the NFC that frightens me is Seattle at HOME. If the Packers can avoid that, then they are in good shape.

If I had to do it all over, I'd go with Denver over Seattle in the Super Bowl...

Thoughts on your pre-season picks?
Heh, I think I picked the Pats over the Packers. I agree that it's still a reasonable result.

I feel the exact same way on a looming DEN/NE playoff game. If it's in Denver, I'm cautiously optimistic, but if it's in NE, I place it on the same 1 in 4 chance you did (but backwards, of course).

The only way a GB/SEA game could be in Seattle is if the Seahawks beat the Rams (likely), the Vikings beat the Packers (possible), and the Cards beat the Niners (highly unlikely). I'm pretty certain that game, if it happens, will be on the frozen tundra.

I didn't realize how remote a chance Seattle has of hosting Green Bay. I feel better about my original pick now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:29 am 
Unthought Known

Mecca wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I would too. I just wouldn't really care about the outcome.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:12 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Self Polluted wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I would too. I just wouldn't really care about the outcome.

I'd want Cincy only because of that teams past ineptitude for a long time. Seattle annoys me because it seems they only started this 12th man mentality and that they're the best homefield fans after the Superbowl loss.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:40 am 
Got Some

I was right about the Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 am 
Got Some

Romo being Romo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:18 am 
Got Some

The roughing the passer call at the end of the Cowboys and Redskins game was pretty embarrassing. I mean, I know why it is a rule but still...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 am 
Ghostasauros

Adrian Peterson = MVP. Vikings are nothing without him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 pm 
Got Some

Green Habit wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:

If Denver made the Super Bowl, the most likely opponents (ie, all the division winners from the NFC) are all teams Denver faced in a previous Super Bowl. Purely from that perspective, I agree with you, exacting revenge even 20-25 years later over SF or Washington sounds sweeter to me than giving GB or Atl the chance to do that to the Broncos.

I would guess Goodell's dreams are for a Niners-Packers NFC champ and a Denver-NE AFC tilt. And I'm guessing he'd prefer Rogers v. Manning/Brady in the big one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:36 pm 
Administrator

mray10 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Self Polluted wrote:

If Denver made the Super Bowl, the most likely opponents (ie, all the division winners from the NFC) are all teams Denver faced in a previous Super Bowl. Purely from that perspective, I agree with you, exacting revenge even 20-25 years later over SF or Washington sounds sweeter to me than giving GB or Atl the chance to do that to the Broncos.

I would guess Goodell's dreams are for a Niners-Packers NFC champ and a Denver-NE AFC tilt. And I'm guessing he'd prefer Rogers v. Manning/Brady in the big one.
Facing the Redskins would also make it the Shanahan Bowl. I really want him to win one more so he can get in the HOF, but certainly not in a year where he has to beat his old team to do it.

I think I'd like the final four teams to be DEN, NE, SF, and WAS. That would be a bitter pill for Raiders fans to swallow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:07 pm 
Unthought Known

PHATJ wrote:

What a heartbreaking game that was, both for Green Bay and AP (nine yards!). I knew that Seattle game would come back to haunt the pack. Whatever. Next week, grudge match.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:19 pm 
Ghostasauros

I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

What a heartbreaking game that was, both for Green Bay and AP (nine yards!). I knew that Seattle game would come back to haunt the pack. Whatever. Next week, grudge match.

Grudge match should be fun. Pack can't stop Adrian (407 rush yards in two games this season), and Vikes can't stop Rodgers. I'm hoping for some of the elements that Lambeau is know for to make an appearance. That should favor the run game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:56 pm 
Supersonic

In 1996, the Pats were leading the Packers in the second quarter of the Super Bowl...only to have the Packers' Special Teams take over from there and win.

This Pats fan would love revenge on Green Bay.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:01 am 
Unthought Known

Coach wrote:
In 1996, the Pats were leading the Packers in the second quarter of the Super Bowl...only to have the Packers' Special Teams take over from there and win.

This Pats fan would love revenge on Green Bay.

oh ok.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:37 am 
On the bright side

when is the draft?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports